Nicole

You're Mine

Kim Nicole

 I'm the best players among the girls and there is no possible way that I would go down ranks. Some new commoner isn't going to show up and steal my spot. She has only made it to the club because of her connections to Choi Minho. She isn't even good, her leg power isn't strong and she isn't as swift with the ball as I am, she is only good at running. I'm tired of hearing her name and so are my teammates, she is persistent and annoying. Always trying to act like she belongs in our ranks when she is nothing but a nonsense. She is so desperate for attention that she dies her hair pink. But I won't give in easily as the coaches, I'll make sure to show her where she belongs. And as if it isn't enough she is now befriending Luhan who seems to have an interest in her. 

 

I can't believe he defended her and told me to leave the library. I have been there for him since kindergarten and he belongs with me, we are the perfect couple. She is a threat to my reputation.

 

I'm fuming mad and the only thing that can calm me down is sweets. I unlock the door and sneak into the kitchen to steal some cookies. There is a small bowl of cookies and it won't be too obvious that I've been here after I take them. Slowly I the bag and push my homework aside in order to make space for the bowl.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Startled by my mother's voice I dropped the bowl, the sound of the ceramic bowl hitting the concrete floor bounces from wall to wall. My eyes widen in horror and in a not so elegant movement I crouch and start to pick up the residue of cookies that have landed outside of my backpack.

 

"I've asked you, what are you doing?" My mother's stern voice pulls me back to my senses and I stand up. 

 

I try to distract myself by dusting the dirt off my legs even tho there is none. It doesn't last long and soon I have to answer to her. I gulp and look up, her eyes are deadly and the veins in her neck show, my heartbeat accelerates. "I was going to throw them away, I know you don't like me eating junk food so I thought of getting rid of all food so it is no longer a distraction."  I stumble on my words and my tongue is tied but I'm relieved to know I'm able to reply back.

 

Unlike most times mother doesn't call me names or start telling me that I need to get my life together instead she lets me off the hook and orders me to take a shower and come down for dinner. I do as she says and hurry up the stairs and into my room. 

 

I ed my blouse and search for a pair of pyjamas and lay them on the bed. The shower is warm and I massage my scalp with shampoo twice to elongate the time. I turn the key before opening the glass door and reach for a towel to dry myself. 

 

There is a soft knock on my door followed by the maid's voice, "honey, foods ready."  

 

"Thank you Ms Yeri, tell mom I'll be down in done minutes." Soft steps are heard then silence. 

 

When I come down I find mom and dad seating beside each other, happily talking. I take my seat and wait for the two to notice me so we can dine. Once the table is quiet and Ms Yeri is seated we link hands and bless the food. Father always volunteers and on rare occasions, mother takes the initiative. 

 

The kitchen is always silent when eating, so quiet I can hear my fork scrape against the plate and every chew and gulp I make. We do this because Mother is a proper lady and has taught me that it's disrespectful to eat with my mouth open or talk while eating. Once Ms Yeri places the plates on the sink and has finished cleaning we have a family meeting which mostly consists of talking how the day went.

 

"Nicole, I've heard there is a new student. Have you made friends with her?" Mom asks.

 

"Her name is Choi Mina and she is related to Choi Minho." I pause and wait for mother to signal for me to continue.

 

"Elaborate?" Father by this time pushes his chair back and kisses my forehead then disappears into his office to sort through paper work. It's new for me to see him interested in something other than justice or the news.

 

"Choi Minha is a Japanese student. Her connection to Choi Minho has not been made public so I'm not quite sure if they are brother and sister or relatives. The two don't look much alike besides the height." 

 

Father like most Korean man is a fanatic of football. When the World Cup starts he has made preparations two weeks prior to the event so he is free from work and has all the time to either travel to watch a game or free his entire week to sit in front of the tv screen.

 

"Hopefully she succeeds Choi  Minho and helps the girls team. She sounds like a very promising child." Dad ruffles my hair then exits the kitchen. 

 

Without knowing anything about Minha he is already speaking greatly of her. I can't stop the urge of wanting to rid of her from the team, from my life. Everybody likes her and ever since she arrived she has been the talk of the school, the players, and even the coaches. Yeah, she has potential but I'm ahead of her and I still have space for improvement.

 

" You should befriend the poor girl, it seems like she is too busy to make friends. Bring her home." Mom says, she too plays with my hair then leaves. 

 

I don't trust my mother's voice, the extra layer of sweetness means she is thinking of doing something. But I have no interest in interfering in my mother's affair. If she harms Minha I won't mind after all I need to take back my spot. 


Author: Very short update but hopefully you guys like it.