Paper Struggle

You're Mine

 Chatper 3 


A week of fantasizing mine and Kris' future had gone by, so far we live in our apartment downtown and go to school together. There were days where I'd be too lazy to drag myself out of bed and instead of shouting like Sehun giving birth, he woke me up with a Kiss along with a devilish smile. 

I laugh at the thought and continued to lay in bed, cozying up to the  contagious feeling of puppy love.

I wasn't the only one that was putting attention on a person, Sehun was in his own world with Kai. Just yesterday he had pulled me into his room and locked the door only to tell me how perfect Kai was. By the end of the story telling, he was breathless and unable to form sentences, Kawaii. 

Speaking of Sehun tomorrow will be my first day of high school.

I look forward to the classes knowing this year is going to be completely different than the previous years. I'll be stranger and that comes with benefits and disadvantages, the worrisome of all is making friends since everyone has already made their own cliche. Hopefully, I won't be eating alone.

Morning-

I eat the usual salad and ill be the first to admit that salads are not that appetizing as people claim them to be, the reason why I'm also eating sushi. When it gets too bland for my taste buds Nana  adds bits of meat or fruits. It's something I'm used to since I been eating it for the past years except I no longer have to follow a strict diet.

Minho and Sehun are both out of the house. Minho must have stayed over at his friends or stayed in the S.M building and Sehun must have had coffee as soon as he woke up because Sehun and morning are not relatable. Sehun's probably stressed out since both of us will be graduating this year, we both risked our education in order to come to Korea, all in hopes of a brighter future.

I decide to jog all the way to school, my uniform is fitted to my shape but it still fits tight. 

I pass the gates and head straight to the large map to find the area that I'm supposed to be in. The school is large and unlike my Japanese school, the school's office is in a separate building. Which is not convenient at all it makes me wonder how teachers get from and to their classroom in time. This is answered by a glass bridge that attaches both buildings, this is very convenient. 

S.M Academy is huge.

I climb the stairs and assume the teacher's department is at the top. When I ask for directions most students find it odd that I a student attending school lacks knowledge on the location of the teacher's department. Once I tell them I'm new they wish me luck, this makes me wonder  if either the teachers are extremely strict or they genuinely wish for my best.  Still, I proceed to make my way and turn left and then open the door, heads are tucked down, the printer beeps signalling it's low on ink.

I cough before I introduce myself with honourifics, "Hello, my name is Minha and I'm a new student."

A female stands up and gestures with her hand to follow her, she extends her hand to me and introduces herself. 

"Hi, I'm Katerine nice to meet you. I'm the Spanish, English and you're homeroom teacher. Classes don't start until nine this is your schedule," she hands me a couple of sheets. "A permission for all field trips and other, please have them signed by tomorrow." She hands me my name tag, dismisses me and goes back to typing.

I check all my classes Art, Physics, Hangul, Physical education and English.

So far I see no familiar faces and I won't since I'm from Japan and primary school is just a dark cloud in my brain,  a not so bright past full of my two best friends, food and shameless name calling.

A couple of girls rush to the window and start to furiously giggle.

That's how I found myself cheering for the school's football team. I also found out from the gossiping trio that this is a practice game against some other school and that number seven is very handsome. We jump on our feet and hug each other as the ball makes its way to the net. 

Once the match is over I escaped from the trio and head to my first class. 

There are no desks and instead tables connect to make a large rectangle. I sit close to the teacher and unload my art supplies which consist of my artbook and a sharpie. The bell rings and students start to fill the classroom.

Oh, my freaking Shinto. Kris, my boyfriend who isn't aware that we are dating is here.

He waves in my direction.

My smile widens because; one Kris recognizes me, two he is walking towards me and that only means one thing. He is going to sit beside me. 

 I tell myself to breathe and act normal.

"Hi, did we play basketball?" Kris casually pulls the chair beside me and sits beside me, his body directly facing me. 

It takes a couple of minutes for me to start reacting because it's very rare for guys to approach me, I'm usually the one trying to make a friend, not the other way around.  I very much like the start of my first class.

Class doesn't start, it seems that the teacher has a reputation for being tardy, I take that as my advantage to exchange words with Kris. 

"What year are you?" I ask Kris. It's something that its commonly asked when meeting someone for the purpose of knowing how to address them. Lucky for me Kris is a third year and a year older than me.

As we talk both of us stray away from our parents, jobs, and most importantly if he is single. We ask about hobbies, music and animes we've watched.  

"Another is among my top 10 must watch animes, and Kuro-" I don't get to finish my sentence. My mouth is left hanging as a girl lunges herself at Kris and wraps him in a bear hug, suffocating him.  Then, the two are laughing and smiling. 

I do not mind to bother the two as they seem to be in their own world, so I do what I always have done when my friends are talking to someone else. I go back to my own world, where I focus on placing my name and date at the top of a blank page or pretending that I have a social life when in fact I'm staring at someone's Instagram post. 

The teacher walks in, takes attendance and the class continues. 
There is less talking and the sound of paper on canvas and pencil on paper are the only thing you can hear. I stay seated and wait for the teacher to call me up, ten minutes pass and no call, so I settle to drawing in my sketchbook.

"Minha, please come up." I hear the teacher call me. 

I grab my sketchbook and stand beside him, he first welcomes me and asks how I'm enjoying the class. I tell him that everything is great.

"As you can see everyone is doing a partner project, there's only two weeks before we move to the next project and that not enough time for you to do anything. So in the meantime, I'll have you work with oil paint." Mr.Kim tells me, the old man stand up from his leather chair and has me follow him to a separate room where the painting is kept.

He continues to talk about the project but I'm left speechless by the quality of the art, everything is so big and detailed and I feel as if my skills are nothing but beginners. I'm in awe.
I'm pulled back from the painting of a girl smoking by Mr Kim's stern voice.

"Sorry sir," I bow before looking at him. 

Mr Kim is nice enough to not scold me and instead allows me to roam around the room and before leaving he tells me to close the door. It turns out that I spent to much time staring and by the time I close the door everyone is packing their bags. This comes to no surprise since I'm an introvert and any chance to escape socializing is a perfect chance.

I grab my bag and head to the door, where Kris and his girl friend are chatting.

She is overly touchy and loud, that does not sit well with me and my mind is conjuring some way of keeping her hands off my man. Even as I'm strangling her in my mind, other feelings besides hatred slip in and I'm doubting their relationship. They are too touchy with each other to only be friends but that could also be their nature.

Uh, this is so confusing. 

The bell rings and everyone is rushing to the hallway and into their homeroom. I try to wave goodbye at Kris and his friend but their out of my eyesight as fast as a blink. I hurry to my next class, it's not hard to find it since the set up of the classroom is very similar to my Japanese school. 

Math class passes by fast, and the teacher keeps reminding us that we need to score high in this class and apply for university, this routine follows all my other classes. The happy morning was long forgotten and now I'm back to worrying about managing my time and trying to stay as calm as possible. Though I like to say that I understand my classes, I can't because my Korean is just as well as Sehun's.

My English is better than my Korean! 

I don't have time to worry about making friends or anything that involves a social life since I'm too busy furiously taking note forms of everything on the board. 

I end up staying after school to catch up with all my classmates and although I know the same material, I still need to do the worksheets. I'm drained, my back aches, I'm starving and I just want to lay in bed but I know that as soon as I get home I'll be staying up to finish what I couldn't. 

Around one in the morning, Sehun comes to my room with a glass of water and pills to keep me awake. He also stays with me and helps me get back on track. 

I envy him, laying on my bed and sleeping soundly. Lucky for him his classes can go at the pace that he wants. And he doesn't have school every day like I do in fact, he only has to attend school  4 times in a week, one of the dates being Saturday. 

I stand from my chair to drape a blanket over his long body and go back to reading my physics textbook.


Author note: Sorry for the long wait, my last year of high school is hectic. ( I'm also making moves on my crush). Don't be afraid to leave comments. lol, bye.