Game Over

Vanishing Points

"I’d like to know what it’s like working together. Hakyeon-ssi?" a reporter called out as the cast members sat in a neat line behind a table that donned a long white material.

Hakyeon lowered his microphone slightly and glanced over at Minyoung. “Ellin-ssi is a person who I’ve known since elementary school. Although we weren’t close back then, the fact that I’m able to work with a familiar face is comforting. I can also say that the characters we play have known each other since they were children, too, which I found to be a funny coincidence.”

Yes... fu-nny... she echoed, shooting lasers at Hakyeon in her mind.

The reporter nodded and eyes turned to Minyoung. She paused for a moment, preparing a response in her mind, before leaning into her microphone with a warm smile. “Yes, just as Hakyeon-ssi said. It’s a very strange and interesting experience. It may sound cheesy, but all my childhood memories are flooding back…” she trailed off, wearing a serious expression before continuing with a grin. “Grade 2 Mr. Kim of Changwon Elementary, you still owe me a sticker!”

There was a soft chuckle amongst the photographers and reporters until another stepped forward with a question. “‘Vanishing Points’ has been noted as a melodrama. Should we expect a love line between the characters of Cha Hakyeon-ssi and Ellin-ssi, and if so, how do you plan on fighting the awkwardness between childhood friends?”

While Minyoung could only give an uneasy smile, Hakyeon didn’t bat an eyelash before giving a calm response. “The relationship between Lee Kang and Choi Minkyung begins on an uncomfortable note, with Kang always showing up at the wrong time and causing something bad to happen to Minkyung. Ellin-ssi’s character is superstitious - though she denies it - and believes Kang to be bad luck, so she does her best to stay away from him at the start. We can’t say much about how the two will develop or progress, but it’ll definitely be worth watching to find out,” he added with a grin that made Minyoung turn her head in effort to hide her disgust. “As for awkwardness - I, personally, don’t believe that will be an issue. Ellin-ssi and I are both simply actors and will act our roles professionally as such. If anything, won’t the fact that we know each other make our performances seem more realistic? That’s how I see it, at least.”

"Ellin-ssi, this is your first lead role. How do you feel about it and do you believe you’ll be able to match up to the level of Hakyeon-ssi, who is three years your industry senior?"

She wasn’t entirely sure why, but this particular question caused fire to burn up inside her. 'Match up to his level?' she repeated in her mind angrily. I'm already beyond his level! I'm level 9000, he's already on game over!! “I feel honoured that the producers of ‘Vanishing Points’ looked upon my recent performances so positively to accept me as the lead co-star. I’ve still got a lot to learn before I can reach the level of Hakyeon-ssi, so I’m going to be doing my best throughout this role to become an individual who improves more and more by the day. I’m looking forward to learning from such esteemed sunbaenims.”

* * *

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Received 3:39P.M. from: Park Sobabo
Message:
Unni~ How was the press conference?^____^

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Sent 3:50P.M. to: Park Sobabo
Message:
Wasnt bad until they started asking about love lines…== WHY ARE THEY ALL LIKE THIS??? Do all dramas have to revolve around love?? Males and females can just be friends!! Or enemies!!

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Received 3:52P.M. from: Park Sobabo
Message:
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋunni you make me laughㅋㅋ Did you honestly think there wouldnt be romance involved?? The lead roles always get together, sorry to burst your bubble~~

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Received 3:53P.M. from: Park Sobabo
Message:
You’d better start preparing for the kiss scene…..¬‿¬

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Sent 3:56P.M. to: Park Sobabo
Message:
THERE ISNT GOING TO BE ANY KISS SCENE

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Sent 3:56P.M. to: Park Sobabo
Message:
Unni was going to buy you samgyupsal but you just made me lose my appetite. Go eat alone =____=”

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Received 3:57P.M. from: Park Sobabo
Message:
ㅋㅋㅋㅋah you almost broke my heart…but…I’m at work until 8pm unniㅜㅜ I have 3 minutes left of my break, save me ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Sent 3:58P.M. to: Park Sobabo
Message:
You should have thought of that before you made me want to vomit ==” ‘kiss scene’ my …… have fun at work my babo

[TEXT MESSAGE]
Received 3:58P.M. from: Park Sobabo
Message:
I’ll tryㅜㅜㅜㅜannyeong unni~~~~ call me tomorrow^___^