Ready to Get Hurt

Vanishing Points

Rubbing a hand at his nape anxiously, Seungri made his way beside Eunyoung who was eating her lunch in the break room. "Hey."

Startled, her head snapped up before she gave a quick nod in politeness. "Oh, hello!" she tried with a smile, not wanting to appear rude to a colleague who had only ever treated her kindly. "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah, but I--" he began, though his words were cut short by the croaky "oh..." that escaped Hakyeon's lips as he stood at the bin with his empty coffee cup.

"Oppa?" Eunyoung spoke, sitting up instantly with furrowed brows as she noticed the man's hurt expression. "What's wrong?'

Hakyeon pressed his lips together tightly and shut his eyes only for a moment before looking over at the pair with what he hoped was a convincing smile. "Nothing! Just... realised I missed out on all the donuts. They're all in the bin," he added, his bright expression appearing unbefitting to his words.

"They must have been off," Seungri quickly said, glancing over at Eunyoung again and quietly hoping to end the conversation with the other man as soon as possible. He had something more important to talk about.

His expression faltered for a moment as he repeated the sentence in his mind. "Yeah... they must have been rotten." Heaving a sigh, he threw out his cup before looking over at the pair seated at a table. He'd wanted to talk to Eunyoung about the situation, say that this was what Minyoung thought of his peace offering; but how could he? He could trust her, he knew that for sure - but he barely new the other man. It would be disrespectful, even-- muttering about his co-star's actions to every actor or staff member who happened to be beside Eunyoung. If he wanted to get her advice, he'd have to wait until the male left.

So - with a short, frustrated sigh - he forced a smile onto his face and stood beside Eunyoung's seat. At the very least, he hoped the man would get the message that they had something to talk about in private. Sensing his presence, Eunyoung's head turned awkwardly to the side as she gave him a small glance before she realised she didn't know what to say, and instead focused her attention on her lunch.

She had no idea that the two males were glaring at each other.

"Hello, sunbaenim," Seungri spoke, his words lined with false sweetness.

"Seungri. Have you been well?" Hakyeon responded with the same feigned politeness. Truthfully, it wasn't that he had a grudge against him; nor was it that he felt uncomfortable around him. It was genuinely a case of Seungri being in the wrong place at the wrong time - in Hakyeon's mind, at least - and it was irritating him more and more by the second.

The rookie nodded, allowing a small smile. "I was just trying to get to know my colleagues a little better. Eunyoung and I have a lot of scenes together--"

"Ah, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to speak to her, then," he concluded, his lips pursed into a fine line.

Seungri's mouth fell slightly agape at the almost harsh sounding words and he took a quick look at Eunyoung's facial expression before he sighed. "That's true. I'll speak to you later," he told her, giving the pair a brief bow before leaving the room.

Taking his seat, Hakyeon barely had time to think that perhaps he was a little too rude - perhaps he should have let the female continue her conversation - before his worries escaped his lips. "She was angry with me before so I gave her a box of donuts to say sorry, and look! She threw them out!" he whispered urgently, pointing over to the bin.

She gave a soft sigh before smiling at him. "You're upset over that? Maybe she's on a diet."

"Maybe she doesn't like donuts... I should get her something else, what else should I get? Eunyoungie, what do you like?" he asked with brows furrowed in concern.

Her eyes flickered to the side for a moment as she struggled to rid her mind of her thoughts. Not you... definitely not you... "She might think you're trying to buy your way into forgiveness..." she mumbled hurriedly.

"Ah, right. That's true. She might think that... you don't think that though, do you? I'm not, you know! I'm really not!" he insisted.

"I know!" she interrupted loudly before letting out a laugh. "Wow, you're really... like a kid..."

His face fell into a look of disappointment. "Really? Maybe that's what she thinks... no more! I'm going to change. I'll become a manly and reliable person who she can't help but like. I'll become that kind of Hakyeon."

Her brows rose at one particular word. "Like...?" she repeated. He wants to make her... like him?

He paused, only now realising what he'd just said. He gave a sheepish smile before standing up, reaching over to pat her head. "Thanks, Eunyoungie. Eat well!" he gave a sincere smile before hurrying back to his dressing room, wondering exactly how he should behave in the future. It didn't matter what Minyoung thought of him at the moment: he'd managed to make her laugh in the past, and he was confident he'd be able to do it again... and again... and again.

Before he knew it, making her smile had become his daily mission.

And he loved it.