Chapter 9 - Disappearing

Ugliest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – Okay…first up. I’m sorry for the wait…but not really. Second, since it’s been so long, I had to re-read my own fic...and am I weird to say that I got shocked over my own fic? I was like, did I really write this? WOW. When the hell did I get into drama and angst??!!!!! I was always a fluff crack writer but it would seem that I’ve written predominantly drama/angst in the last few months…so much so that now that I am getting back to crack/fluff, it’s surprising my new subbies. LOL…so yeah…I seriously fangirled over my own fic and then pouted coz it wasn’t over yet…but then I realized that I myself was the author and that it wasn’t going to write itself so here I am with an update, hoping that it’s not too horrible. I made it a little longer than usual…though not too long since I’m not into writing long chapters. Taah~~ Enjoy

 

***

 

Hyukjae-ah,” called out their manager hyung as he walked towards the lead dancer. He had an idea of what the boy was possibly going through. He had discussions about it with Leeteuk and Heechul, and surprisingly, a very sullen Kyuhyun. He knew exactly what the dorm was becoming, a silent war zone, one where an omen of a coming storm swooned and circled, waiting for the right time…or the wrong one…to unleash its horrors.

 

It had felt almost eerie to the members, they rejoiced that the storm had not come but then grew more anxious because indeed, it had not come. But the heart knows better. would go down. Things would explode. Feelings would explode. Hyukjae would explode…should the silence continue.

 

Therefore that silence wasn’t welcomed…yet it was…like the sigh of the person, hiding from the raging war, gunshots within audible range, knowing of the slaughters, hearing the shots coming closer yet not knowing how far it was…they were unaffected yet still…but for how long?

 

The manager didn’t know how he was going to break this news to the boy who was already down enough to cause everyone around him to feel equally gloomy but he knew that the more he stalled, the worse it would be.

 

“Hyukjae-ah, I just got back from talking to the directors and…” Hyukjae could almost feel that whatever the manager had to say, he wouldn’t like it. He could taste the disappointment already even though he didn’t know what the manager was going to tell him. And the look of apprehension in the manager’s face was not making him feel any better, “they want you to not go to America.”

 

‘Of course. What else could it possibly be? Anything he wanted, would get revoked somehow, right? Of course.’

 

He nodded to the manager, who looked at his apologetically, placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing the bony limb as the boy turned and left after giving him an obligatory half bow. He hated this. He really really did. He didn’t like seeing Hyukjae like this. That boy was…vibrant…for the lack of a better word. He made everything seem brighter, no matter how bad the situation was, that boy always knew how to lighten it. He…and Shindong would entertain everyone with their slam dunk out of the blue, comedy and he missed it. He really did.

 

He missed his input with choreography or stage directions with Shindong. He missed his little taunts and jokes at Donghae’s accent and letting a pouting Donghae throw punches that hurt at him. He missed seeing that stupid smile of his that lifted up in a smirk on one side before slipping into a full blown smile that took up half his face. He missed him laughing like a hyena when amused by the smallest things. He missed him teasing Sungmin about being two faced with fans and with members, to which Sungmin would bat his eyelashes and smile greasily and be cute like he would be with the fans while Hyukjae gagged.

 

He missed him fighting with Kyuhyun and watching them exchange snark filled comments and seemingly rude remarks until he surrend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter