twenty

The Internship
Please log in to read the full chapter

TWENTY

Seorin cursed herself for letting herself get distracted by Kyungsoo's plans. Now she had been at the Kangdo building at 6AM, making last minute edits to her presentation. She was rehearsing her lines in her head when Kyungsoo walked in. Her face immediately flushed at the thought of the previous day.
After the surprising kiss-cam incident, Kyungsoo had spent the rest of the game holding her hand. Even when he left to go to the bathroom, he'd causally grab her hand when he returned. Her usual loud mouth had been silenced by the awkward romantic tension, and she had simply just let it be. 
'That was fun,' Kyungsoo had said at the end of the date as he dropped her off. 'We should do it again some time.'

Again. Seorin had thought about that word all night. What did that mean? Did that mean they'd see more of each other after the summer ended? Was it just a platitude? 
 

"Morning," Kyungsoo greeted, interrupting her daze. He placed a cup of coffee and a bagel on her desk. "You look like you need it more than I do."
Seorin pulled out a mirror. Sure enough, her dark circles were extra visible and somehow her skin looked even more sallow. Not only had she woken up extra early, she hadn't been able to fall asleep because of all the complicated thoughts about Kyungsoo that had pestered her at night.
"...Thanks," she mumbled with a shy smile. 

 

Kyungsoo thought the unsually bashful behavior was kind of adorable. He smiled to himself before taking his own seat at the front desk. He waited until Sehun and the others came in to make his short speech.
"Well, today's the day. The last day, and the most important day," he began. "I trust you have all prepared amazing and creative presentations that will meet the Kangdo standard." He smiled and paused. "I know you will all do great. Best of luck to you all." He gestured to the door. "We will begin exactly at 9AM, so if you could all begin to move to the main conference room... You will go one by one, and we will all be part of the audience as well. So I hope you encourage one another and learn something from each presentation as well. You will be giving anonymous constructive commentary for each person, so be attentive."
The four interns stood and followed Kyungsoo down the hall as he continued to speak. "We will go in alphabetical order, except I will be last." That meant Jongin was first, Seorin was second, then Sehun, and Soojung was second to last.

It was extremely nervewracking as they all filed into the large conference room. There were seven executives sitting around a long table. Seorin could only identify the CEO and Seungsoo as two of them. She had no clue who the other five were; they probably were important though. She swallowed her nerves.
Jongin took a deep breath, unprepared to be first. He told himself that it was good that he wasn't following anyone, because then there would be a chance he could look bad in comparison. The other four interns took a seat while he stood in the front. He had created an advertisement for Sangil, an electronics company. He had prepared a short clip, not even a minute long. It showed people using their everyday products like their headphones, refrigerators, and laundry machines, but their lives appeared to be so much more flashier and futuristic. 'SANGIL - step into the future,' flashed at the bottom of the screen at the end of the clip. He had a short speech prepared, explaining his thought process and why he thought the clip would be an effective ad.
He bowed, relieved that everyone was clapping. He knew Seungsoo could be a tight- sometimes, and he was known to withhold applause if he didn't like what he saw.
"I think I like it," the CFO spoke first. "It's somewhat generic, but at the same time, it works because Sangil creates so many different products. Most ads target a specific line, but this kind of works for the entire company as a whole," he commented. 
"The line could use some work, but I think the clip is very well made," CEO Do added. "Very good job."
Kyungsoo gave Jongin a small thumbs up.
 

Seorin was next. She began unrolling her poster. She used a few clips to secure them into place. The poster was dark, and showed Qian from the photoshoot. She was staring blankly forward, shadows looming all around her, as if they would swalllow her up. Shadowy hands curled around her face, almost seductively, almost merging in with the large Hades sunglasses. 'The dark side beckons," was creatively designed into the background. 
"Well, I took on Hades, an up and coming brand that mostly focuses on sunglasses," she began her explanation. "I thought it would be a good idea to use the idea of the God of the Underworld, so I chose to have his hands come around her face, and well, give off the sense that he is blocking the light." She bit her lip nervously. She hated presenti

Please log in to read the full chapter