ten

The Internship
Please log in to read the full chapter

TEN

Seorin finally got some time away from Kyungsoo and paperwork in order to work on her own project for Hades. She was inside the photo studio with Qian, who was serving as her model for the example advertisement poster she was preparing for her presentation.
“Just a blank face,” she instructed her friend. This would only take a few minutes – Qian was a professional and she only needed two shots.

 

“Song Qian?” A deep voice called.

Both ladies turned their heads and Seorin swallowed when she saw it was Seongsoo walking through the door. She bowed her head slightly in respect – in Kangdo, he was her superior after all.

Qian made a face. “What brings you here, Seungsoo?” She asked annoyedly. “Can’t you see I’m busy? I’m in the middle of a shoot.” This actually could be hardly considered a real photoshoot, but he didn’t have to know that.
 

“I just heard our photo studio was in use, so I was wondering why. I didn’t give anyone permission to use it, you see…” Seongsoo said, turning his gaze to Seorin.

Seorin bit her lip nervously. She hadn’t known she had to ask for permission… Kyungsoo had just said ‘do whatever.’ She usually didn’t get so anxious around authoritative figures, but Seungsoo just had a really intimidating aura.
“S-Sorry, I didn’t know we needed permission to use this space,” she apologized. “If you’d like, I’ll get out right now…”

He shook his head. “Don’t bother. You’ve already broken the rules – you might as well finish breaking them.” He held in his smile. “But, please come to my office to talk about the consequences of your actions… Unfortunately, there are repercussions.”

Qian frowned. “Are you serious? Stop being such a tightass,” she snapped. She was going to continue, but Seorin nudged her to silence.

“I’ll come as soon as I’m done, sir,” she replied with a bow.

 

Seungsoo nodded in approval and left the studio with a majestic exit.
He couldn’t hide his grin as he leaned against the door from the outside. The truth was, the studio was free to use by any employee of Kangdo unless it was reserved. So therefore, there was definitely no punishments for using it – but Seorin-sshi doesn’t know that.
He happily walked back to his office, making sure to hide the bounce in his step. He would be seeing her soon.

 

 

“He’s like 3 years older than you and he thinks he’s the ,” Qian complained. “I feel like I should apologize for his -ish ways, just cause I know him better than you do…”

Seorin shook her head. “Don't apologize… He’s just being the jerk Kyungsoo told me he was,” she replied. She was starting to see why Kyungsoo had told her to stay away from him.

 

# # #

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kyungsoo asked. Seorin had already left earlier that day to the studio – there wasn’t any other reason for her to leave again.

“… I have to go somewhere. I won’t be long.” Hopefully anyway, she thought. She had just dropped off her photos and files on her desk and had to get to Seongsoo’s office. She had told him she would go as soon as she was done with her studio work. She didn’t want to let Kyungsoo know because she knew it would just cause more drama between the two brothers.

He shook his head. “No, there’s lot of work to do. Stay,” he ordered.

She rolled her eyes – Seungsoo had a higher position, so therefore she had to listen to him before Kyungsoo. And plus, Kyungsoo was sounding like a pompous again, so she wanted to purposely disobey to piss him off. “This isn’t jail. You can’t keep me here.”

 

Jongin smirked as he watched her walk off. “Are you just gonna let her ignore you like that?” He teased.

Kyungsoo glared at his friend. “Shut up and do your work.”

 

Jongin mocked Kyungsoo’s facial expressions, causing Soojung to laugh. “I’m funny, right?” He beamed as she nodded eagerly.
Sehun shook his head unenthusiastically in disagreement.
Jongin wrapped his arm around her shoulder with a smile and gave Sehun a fake glare. “And I thought we were friends here…” He faked a sob. “I guess I only have Soojung in this world,” h

Please log in to read the full chapter