Chapter 7

Only For A Moment

"Noona, why aren't you talking to me?"

Minwoo soaked the towel in more cold water and then squeezed it. Placing it on Megan's forehead, he sighed. "You're not getting better, noona...your fever is really high."

Turning the other way, Megan replied blankly, "I told you, I was under the rain." She gently brushed his hand away, the one holding the cold towel in its place. "It's okay, I can hold it," she added, closing her eyes.

"I know you were under the rain...I saw you. I'm asking you why you were under the rain. Wasn't hyung supposed to be taking care of you?"

She shook her head as she recalled what happened that night. "No. It's not his obligation to take care of me. What am I to him anyway?"

Sighing, Minwoo leaned over and gently kissed her cheek. her hair, he replied, "I'm sorry I raised the issue. I won't talk about it anymore. I'll be outside if you need anything, arasso?"

He picked up the bowl with water, stood up, and just as he was about to leave, Megan turned her body and faced him.

"Minwoo, I'm sorry." She sniffed as her eyes filled up. "Please don't go. Can you just stay here until I fall asleep?" Her eyes were pleading with him, and he couldn't resist. Putting the bowl down, he moved the blanket away. He slipped in beside her slowly, then put his arm around her. 

He kissed her forehead as he answered gently, "I'll stay here as long as you want me to."

______________

Flashback

Megan's POV

I briskly walked towards the elevator, but I could hear footsteps behind me. I began to run, and as soon as I pressed the button, the elevator doors opened. I entered and pressed the close button just as I saw Sandeul running towards me.

"Megan, wait-"

I bowed my head and continued to cry as the doors closed. I kept my hand on the close button, so that even if he pressed the open button outside, it wouldn't open, revealing the sadness I felt at what I was doing. 

I took out a tissue from my pocket and wiped my tears just as the elevator stopped at the lobby. As soon as I got out, I heard the loud thunder, and I suddenly got second thoughts about what I was about to do. I have to do this...I can't be here right now.

Walking out of the hotel, I looked up. The rain was even harder than when we first arrived. I was about to step out into the pouring rain when suddenly, my phone rang.

"Megan, please come back. I won't bother you anymore, I promise. You'll get sick, you have to be indoors." His voice showed his concern, but I disregarded it. "Junghwan, I can't stand to be around you now. Don't worry, I'll explain it to the others."

Putting my phone inside a plastic and into my pocket, I stepped out into the rain. The droplets hitting my body were heavy, and it made my head and shoulders painful. I closed my eyes and remembered Sandeul's touch...gentle. I shivered as the droplets continued to fall; they were cold and heartless, nothing like the embraces Sandeul used to give me.

The water was up to my ankles, but I didn't care. I needed to get away from the pain that that person in that hotel room brought me. Plus, with the strong rain, no one could tell I was crying. It was the perfect disguise.

I continued to walk on for about ten more minutes, then I realized my head and my legs were hurting. The water was now up to my knees, but with all my thinking, I hadn't really noticed. I felt my phone vibrate, and I brought the plastic out.

Minwoo.

I put the plastic back since I couldn't pick up anyway. I started to think about how worried he'd be, especially since Sandeul might have called him. His voice started playing in my head...Noona, noona.

"Noona!"

Stopping in my tracks, I look to my left and right. His voice seemed to have jumped out of my head and was weirdly close to me. Seeing nothing, I continued to walk. Suddenly, I felt arms go around my waist. Turning around, I was surprised to see Minwoo and the rest of the members behind me, umbrellas above their heads.

"Ya, what do you think you're doing under the rain?! You'll get sick, babo!" Donghyun oppa gave me a concerned look as he lectured me. "Do you know how worried Min-"

I didn't hear the rest as suddenly, everything turned black.

_______________

Minwoo's POV

I was careful not to move since she looked so peaceful already. 

I kissed her forehead again as I closed my eyes. Noona, I don't like seeing you hurt. She groaned as she dug her head deeper in my chest. I pulled her in closer as I inhaled her scent, remembering the days when I knew her as just a happy-go-lucky girl.

"Minwoo-ya? How is she doing?" 

My thoughts were distracted as Jeongmin hyung opened the door slightly and peeked in. "Has her fever gone down already? We made some soup."

I slowly removed my arm from under her head and replaced it with a pillow. Slowly getting out of bed, I whispered, "No, not yet. It actually got higher. Look, can you watch her for awhile hyung? I just need to go out and buy some medicines."

He nodded as he entered the room and I went out. Picking up my jacket and phone, I walked towards the door. I was surprised when I opened it and found Sandeul hyung standing there, dripping wet, obviously coming from outside without an umbrella.

"I...I..." He was struggling to get the words out, although I didn't know why. I leaned over the sofa and got the towel I had used on Megan noona earlier. Handing it to him, I asked, "What's wrong, hyung?"

"I'm leaving for Thailand in two days. Uhm, I and the rest of the members will be filming a drama for two months since we're free now that we just released a mini-album."

I nodded my head as I replied, "That's...good to hear. Congratulations."

"Thank you, but I was hoping you could do me a favor." He stepped forward and handed me an envelope. "Could you give this to Megan? And just let her know I'm leaving?"

Taking the letter from him, I nodded. "Sure, of course." I looked down as he added, "And Minwoo?" Looking up quickly, I asked, "Ne?"

"If she tries to find me...or, if she wants to go to the airport..." I breathed in, agonizingly waiting for him to finish what he was saying.

"Please stop her."

_____________

ZOMG SANDEUL IS LEAVING AGAIN ;________;

Wae wae wae Deullie :(((

Sorry for taking awhile to update! Please comment! Comments inspire me to update~^^