Chapter 6

Only For A Moment

Sandeul's POV

"It's raining hard..." 

I looked over at her, waiting for her to reply. She just nodded, then answered quietly, "Hmm." 

We've been in the car for almost half an hour, and even though I've tried countless times to start a conversation, she hasn't reciprocated. I clenched my fist in frustration, then lightly hit the steering wheel. Feeling my eyes filling up, I lifted my head in an attempt to bring the tears back in.

"Ya, look where you're going."

I quickly wiped my tears away with my free hand then turned to her. "What?" I was surprised, I didn't expect her to say anything. "Look where you're going," she said again, looking away. "The rain is getting stronger...I'm not ready to die yet." I laughed a little bit as I didn't expect her to joke around. "Don't worry...I promise-"

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Junghwan," she snapped.

I took a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry about-" Before I could finish what I wanted to say, my stupid cellphone rang. "Hello?" I spoke into the receiver impatiently. 

"Ne, Sandeul. We're going to have to cancel the shoot today. Boyfriend's car is stranded somewhere, and so is the staff's car. They can't get anywhere, the water is really high."

I straightened my body as I tried to look ahead. "The water's rising here too. What do I do?" 

"You're with Megan? Go and find a place for the two of you to stay while we wait for the water to subside. I'll call you later on." My manager put down the phone as I dialed Donghyun hyung's number.

"Hyung? It's Sandeul. Uhm, I heard you're stranded. You guys take care, okay? Let...let..." I struggled to get the words out of my mouth. "Let Minwoo know that Megan is safe, I'll take care of her."

Donghyun cleared his throat as he replied, "Yeah, yeah, we are. We'll be fine. Wait." I could her whispering on the other line when suddenly, someone else spoke into the phone. "Hello?"

"Minwoo?"

"Hyung! Hyung! Let me talk to Megan noona, please."

I handed the phone to her as she was busy observing the water level rise. "Hello?" She smiled sweetly at his voice...how I missed her smile. "Minwoo-ya~ don't worry about me." Her voice was gentle, loving, and it made me jealous as hell. "Stop worrying about me, I'm fine. I'll text you every minute, okay? Okay. Bye. I lo...nado. Annyeong." I heard a voice mumble, "Who plans photo shoots at night anyway-" before the line finally died.

Handing me the phone, she said, "Come on, let's find a place. The water is getting higher and higher, I'm getting scared."

______________

"One room?"

Megan looked at Sandeul in disbelief. "Can't we get another room?" She flinched a bit, uncomfortable with the idea of sharing one room with Sandeul.

"I...don't have enough money. My wallet is with Baro. Don't you have money?" Sandeul dug both his hands into his pants pocket trying to find more money.

"I told you," Megan grumbled. "My wallet is with Minwoo. He has all my stuff." She walked over to him and said in a low voice, "This place is so expensive. Their cheapest room is expensive. Can't we go somewhere else?"

Sandeul shrugged his shoulders and replied, "There's nowhere else we can go. It's almost flooded outside."

"Fine, okay." Megan finally decided to give up, seeing that she had no other choice. "I'll take the key." Taking the key from the counter, she took out her phone with her other hand. 

Minwoo, we're at a hotel already. Don't worry about me, I'm just going to get some rest. You take care too. :)

"Ready to go up?" Sandeul asked, turning to her as he smiled. "Let's go."

As soon as they got up, Megan unlocked the room. There was an awkward silence as it dawned on both of them that they'd probably be spending the night together in the same room. 

Sandeul motioned for Megan to enter as he spoke. "You can go in already." Megan nodded slowly before cautiously entering the room. Putting her jacket down, she head straight for the bathroom. She could hear rustling noises outside, so she peeked and saw Sandeul lying on the couch. 

"If we end up staying the night, which is a big possibility, can I sleep on the bed? The couch looks comfortable." Megan said, tying her hair up in a bun. "That's okay right?" She said it so harshly that she herself was surprised.

Lifting his head up, Sandeul replied, "Uh yeah, sure. That's fine." He stood up and walked over to the bathroom door, making Megan step backwards. 

"Look," Sandeul started, running his hand through his hair. "Now that we're here, maybe we should talk already. I've been waiting for two weeks, and today might be the right time."

"I'm tired, Junghwan. I want to sleep, I had a terrible night." She was about to close the door to wash up when he pushed it with a force that scared her.

Breathing heavily, he remarked, "A terrible night because of me, right?" He suddenly pulled her into a hug, surprising her completely. She tried to break free but he held on tightly. "I know you're hurt...we both are. So, can we already try to fix this? Please?"

He spoke in such a gentle manner, one which reminded Megan of the boy she knew two years ago. Sandeul. She felt herself starting to tear up, but she did her best to hold it back. "Junghwan, let me go!" 

She raised her hands and started using her fists to hit his chest. The blows to his chest were weak, and Sandeul could tell that she didn't really want to be doing that. She was holding herself back, he could tell. "Shhh," Sandeul whispered, his hand gently her back.

"Please," Megan begged, the tears threatening to fall. Sandeul couldn't take it anymore; she was pleading with him, her heart hurting. No, not because of the past. He let go slowly as she wiped away the tears.

"I'm tired. I'll go to bed now," Megan stated, turning the other way. No, Sandeul thought. You're not running away again. As she started to walk away, he reached over and grabbed her roughly by the wrist. Pushing her against the wall, his eyes closed in frustration.

"Tell me what I have to do to make things okay!" 

Her tears continually fell as she cried out, "Nothing! Junghwan, let me go!" She was crying both from the pain she felt in her wrist and from the pain in her heart. "You ing left me! You left me, and I can't forgive you for that!" 

With his free hand, he hit the space on the wall next to her head. "Damn it, Megan, you knew I was leaving! Jessica told you! I told her to! I met up with her that afternoon, remember? Just before we were supposed to meet, I called her to tell her to meet me so we could talk. I told her to tell you I was leaving!" He started to cry too, out of frustration.

Megan looked into his eyes. "Jessica?"

_______________

Flashback

"Sandeul? Deullie?"

Megan playfully called out to Sandeul as she looked around. They set up a date at exactly three-thirty in the afternoon, and both knew that this was going to be a special day. Sandeul was finally going to confront Megan's parents to convince them to let them date each other.

"Sandeul, where are you?" Megan started to worry as she looked at her phone. It was already four-thirty and he still hadn't showed up. She got on her bike and rode to his house, expecting to find him there. 

She was surprised to find that Sandeul and his family were gone, and the house was clear of all their belongings.

When she got home, she opened the door to find her parents seated on the couch, conversing. Her appa stood up and said, for the last time, "I don't want to see you with that boy again. Break it off." Her umma walked over to her and her cheek. "It's the best for both of you, Megan. Trust-" 

Before they could finish, she cut him off. "Done." Wiping away her tears, she added, "He's gone. He and his family left. They're not coming back."

Without another word, she made her way to the bedroom. Once she got there, she plopped herself on her bed and cried and cried for hours. She didn't realize that it was already midnight when Jessica got home. Sitting down on the bed next to her, Jessica asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Sandeul's gone," Megan answered, not even looking up. Jessica started Megan's hair, a sign of affection that Megan was not used to. "There there..." Jessica whispered as she looked around.

"I guess he didn't care enough for you, Meg."

____________

Megan looked into his eyes. "Jessica?"

"Yeah," Sandeul answered, his expression changing. "Wait, she didn't tell you?" No, she didn't, Megan thought. That didn't tell me anything.

"Of course she told me," she answered. He pushed her harder against the wall, "So you knew I was coming back! Why are you still mad?!" His voice cracked, more evidence that his heart was breaking.

"You still left me, Junghwan! You still left me! You promised you'd never hurt me...you promised." Her voice got weaker as she lowered her head. Suddenly, he lifted her head up by pushing her chin with his finger. He locked his gaze on her then brought his face closer and gently kissed her lips.

Megan closed her eyes, allowing the tears to fall. Sandeul could taste the saltiness of her tears, tears that he was the cause of. Megan wanted to pull away, but she missed his kisses so much that she wanted to taste him again, even just for a moment, just so she could remember the times when everything was okay. He still tasted the same as before; sweet, but this time, with a hint of bitterness.

Sandeul pushed his head closer, making the kiss deeper. I know you want this, Megan, don't fight back. As if she could read his thoughts, Megan put both her hands against his chest and pushed him away. He stepped back a few inches as she breathed heavily. "Don't...ever...try...to...do that...again." 

He moved closer to her but she pushed him away strongly. "No! Stop! I don't want you to come near me! Not now, not ever!" Without coming close, he shouted back, "What are you saying?! I love you! I love you so so much! And I know that you love me too! Why are you trying to hurt the both of us, Megan? Why!"

She swiftly walked over to pick up her jacket as she made her way to the door. With her hand on the doorknob, she breathed in heavily. "Megan, where are you-" Sandeul ran over to her and was about to pull her back when she suddenly turned around, and, holding back the tears in her eyes just before leaving the room, spoke up.

"You're wrong. I don't love you anymore, Sandeul."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

OMO ;_________;

This chapter made me cry while i was writing it HUHUHUHUHU

Omg. :( okay. I cannot concentrate on work nao. *sigh*

Leave comments please! They are loved :3

OH. Did you guys notice she called him Sandeul (finally)? :>