Chapter 1

Only For A Moment

Megan's POV

I rubbed my eyes a second time then I finally got up. Who's texting me at this hour? I groggily typed my phone password. Incorrect password.

I tried again, this time with my eyes fully opened. I smiled to myself as I read the message over and over.

Meg noona, wake up already~^^ we will pick you up as soon as you're ready. Text me back, ya! 

Reaching for the brush on my side table, I quickly replied back. 

I will be ready in half an hour, Minwoo-ya. Just give me a call when you are outside~

I put my phone down on the bed as I stood up and put my hair in a bun. I opened the fridge, trying to find breakfast. Spotting a box of cereal on the counter and a carton of milk in the fridge, I reached for them both, when suddenly, a thought popped in my head. Noona, i will know when you eat breakfast well. Don't eat cereal, always eat something that will make you full, or else Minwoo will worry, arasso?

"Minwoo-ya! I have nothing to eat," I said out loud. After closing the refrigerator door, I sat down on the sofa.

"There is nothing to eat...nothing to eat-" I stood up, ran to my bed and picked up my cellphone. I excitedly dialed Minwoo's number, making random noises until he finally picked up.

"Noona?" 

I put my hand over the microphone as I giggled. His tiny voice never fails to make me smile.

"Minwoo-ya~ noona has no food here, only cereal."

Rolling on the bed, I added, "Will we have time to pass by Burger King before your radio interview?"

He didn't reply for a bit as he started speaking to his manager. Finally, he answered, "Okay noona, we can do that. We can pick you up in twenty minutes, right?"

I looked at my watch. "Twenty minutes?! I still have to take a bath and change and put makeup!" Forgetting that I was still on the phone, I frantically dropped my cellphone as I ran to the bathroom.

__________

Minwoo's POV

"Noona, don't forget to turn on the heater!" 

I shouted into the receiver, unsure if she would still hear me. "Noona? Aish." I ended the call knowing that she was already gone.

Hyunseong hyung turned to me and asked, "Do you know how differently you act around that girl?" I grinned.

"Yes, I know. This is different, hyung. Normally, things like this don't work out, but I have a feeling this one will."

I put my phone in my pocket as I put my things together. Suddenly, Kwangmin walked over to me and did a smug face. "Ya...what's her name again? I keep forgetting."

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Megan Choi. Don't tell me how weird it sounds...her appa is American."

Kwangmin laughed and then remarked, "I wasn't going to say it sounded weird! I just wanted to see if it'll work..." I stopped fixing my things and looked up at him. "If what will work?"

"NO MEGAN! It sounds perfect!" 

I glared at all my hyungs making heart shapes with their hands. "Hey...stop that," I demanded. I rolled my eyes one more time, but they wouldn't stop teasing me. I finally picked up my bag and walked over to my manager who was watching television. 

"I'll wait by the car, ahjusshi."

He nodded, not really giving any attention to me. As I made my way out of the dorm, he suddenly called out, "Don't forget to give me a call when it's time to pick your girlfriend up!"

I laughed to myself as I exited our dorm and made my way downstairs. Suddenly, i felt my phone vibrate through my pocket.

Minwoo, don't forget to bring Megan to the interview today. Text me when you've picked her up.

__________

Flashback

Megan continued walking towards the park, her head bowed down. Sitting on the swing, she started to think. Out of nowhere, someone suddenly pushed her swing lightly. She turned around, shocked. 

"Who are you? What are you doing?"

The young boy sat down on the swing next to hers, causing her to feel uncomfortable.He put his hand out and smiled brightly as he replied, "I'm Sandeul. And you are?"

Megan cautiously shook his hand. "I'm Megan."

He tilted his head as he said, "You're afraid of me?"

She quickly denied it."No-no- no, i'm not. My umma just taught me never to talk to strangers." 

He grinned then started to push himself on the swing. "Your umma was right in teaching you that. It's never good to talk to people who don't have your trust. Then again," he added, turning to her."Sometimes you shouldn't even talk to the people who have your trust because you never know when they'll break it."

He stood up, walked backwards a couple of meters and then called out, "We're not strangers anymore, right? I mean, we've talked."

She scratched her head and then answered, "Yeah...i guess so. But-"

Before she could finished, he walked over to her and said, "I have to go now. But look, you can always come to me for anything. In case you didn't know, I live in the house two houses away from yours to the left." Going behind her, he pushed the swing one more time. 

"I know something's wrong, but I won't ask you about it. I will wait until you want to tell me. But know this...I can be trusted."

With that, he walked away.