Chapter 3

Only For A Moment

One week later

“Ne…arasso, arasso. I’ll let them know, hyung. Kamsahamnida.”

Kwangmin put down his phone as he stood up and head over to the kitchen. “Hyung,” Kwangmin said, calling out to Donghyun. “We’re supposed to be at the shoot by eleven. Jinyoung hyung called me just now to inform me.”

Donghyun turned around and looked at his watch. “It’s ten. We’ve better go soon.” He quickly finished up wiping the plates when Kwangmin spoke up.

“You know what’s weird? I haven’t seen Megan noona for a week.” Crossing his arms over his chest, he added, “She hasn’t gone to any of our schedules.”

“I thought I was the only one who noticed,” Hyunseong commented, joining in on the conversation. He bit into the apple he was holding and remarked, “Something is going on.”

Donghyun put down the plates and then shrugged his shoulders. “Should we ask the maknae? He might know.”

“He doesn’t know.”

Everyone looked up to see Youngmin leaning against the wall, his expression serious. “I just asked him, and he has no idea either. She isn’t texting, and she’s not picking up either.”

He walked over to them, motioned for a huddle and then whispered, “She’ll just reply ‘I’m fine, Minwoo’ every ten texts. He’s getting really worried and-“

“Ya!” Jeongmin suddenly shouted, causing everyone to look up from the huddle. “Are we having a group meeting that I don’t know about? I can’t believe this. Excluding Minwoo too?! You’re all-“

Before he could finish, Hyunseong pulled him over and put a hand over his mouth. “We’re not having a group meeting, hyung,” Youngmin stated simply.

Jeongmin cocked his head and replied, “You’re not? So what is this…” He motioned to the circle and added, “…little conference?” He scratched his head and then suddenly, his eyes lit up. “Wait,” he started, leaning further into the circle. “Is this about Megan and Minwoo?”

“Yes!” They all whispered, exasperated. Donghyun looked up to check if Minwoo had gone out of the bedroom before remarking, “No one is to talk about this with him, okay? No one talk to Megan either. It’s best if we let them sort things out.”

Kwangmin smiled at how Donghyun’s leadership skills started to come out with each passing day. He nodded and then replied, “Hyung is right. Let’s just not discuss it.” Looking at his phone, he added, “We’ve got to go, the shoot is starting at eleven.”

He broke out of the circle, motioning for the others to do so. They separated as they packed up for the shoot, but Hyunseong just stood by the counter, holding up his phone. He clicked one button on his phone just before putting it down and leaving to fix his things.

Message sent to Megan.

__________

“So this is what will happen, okay? You guys have to listen carefully, because we only have five hours for this shoot.”

The director looked around frantically as he asked, “Isn’t B1A4 here yet?”

Jeongmin slowly raised his hand, causing the director to laugh. “Uhm,” Jeongmin started, wiping his brow. “They’re still getting their make-up done. Should I call them?”

“No, no, I’ll just brief them after you. So Donghyun, you stand here, okay? Don’t get too close to the light. You’re supposed to be a typical bad boy, like those types in Meteor Garden.” Turning to Kwangmin, he explained, “And you, you’re supposed to be the shy but sweet boyfriend. The type who gets really protective and all…you know what I mean?”

Kwangmin nodded his head and answered nonchalantly, “If I had a girlfriend, I’d really be like that to her. This is going to be so natural for me!” Youngmin punched him playfully as he stated, “Lucky for you. I’m going to be playing the guy who doesn’t care about his girlfriend.” He rolled his eyes and added, “Like Baro hyung in the Only Learned The Bad Things music video.”

“Minwoo,” the director continued, shifting his gaze to the maknae. “You’re the expressive and loving boyfriend. The type who’s clingy and will always leave flowers, chocolates…that type of thing.”

He pointed to a table with a bouquet of roses, a big bear, and three boxes of chocolate. “Those will be your props. We’ll have around thirty shots per member, with two different backdrops.” Looking at the other members, he added, “That makes sixty shots. I know it’s a lot, but that doesn’t mean you can slack off, okay?”

“Director,” Hyunseong started, pulling the director away from the group. “Would it be possible to limit my shots once I get a few good ones? I don’t really like cameras-“ The other members burst out laughing upon hearing this, except for Minwoo.

Youngmin shrugged his shoulders. “Hyunseong hyung is really crazy. He even negotiates with the director! He’s so weird, right Minwoo?”

The other members held in their breath, waiting for him to answer. Minwoo forced a smile and replied, “Ne, hyung is weird all right.” Donghyun pat his back and smiled at him when Minwoo suddenly smiled widely at something behind his hyungs.

“Noona!”

Minwoo ran to her and hugged her tightly, his arms around her waist. Megan smiled, her heart warming up. She fixed his bangs and then spoke up.

“Minwoo-ya, I’ve missed you a lot.” She slowly pulled away, and just as her hand was about to find its way to her pocket, Minwoo held it.

She was tempted to let it go, but looking deep into his eyes, she knew it would only make him worry about her more. She squeezed his hand lightly, earning a big smile from him.

“Noona,” he started, his eyes sad. “If ever you want to talk about anything, you know I’m here right? Always.” Brushing away the stray hair on her face, he added, “Or if you never want to talk about it, it’s okay too. I just want you to be happy.”

She breathed in heavily and then answered, “I think I prefer the second option.” Laughing a little bit, she stated, “I love you too.” Intertwining her fingers with his, she led him to the other members.

Jeongmin saw her first, and ended up shouting in surprise. “You’re back!” Running over to her, he pulled her into a hug that lifted her off her feet. “Where have you been, huh?” He pointed a finger at her and made a face.

“Just needed time to think about a few things,” she replied, smiling. “Jeongmin, it’s bad to point.” She did mehrong and then said, “I’ve missed you too. All of you.” The rest of the members had already crowded around her, smiles plastered on all their faces.

“Donghyun hyung! She’s here!”

The Boyfriend members turned around to see a tall girl standing next to Baro, a Prada bag on her shoulders, Ray Ban’s over her eyes and a pissed off expression on her face. Walking over to them, Donghyun put out his hand and greeted, “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Donghyun, leader of Boyfriend. It’s nice to meet you.”

The girl slowly put her shades up and then cocked her head. “You look better on television,” she stated, eyeing him from head to toe. Out of the corner of his eye, Baro noticed that Donghyun flinched.

Clearing his throat, Donghyun answered, “Doesn’t everyone?” With that, he turned around and walked back to his dongsaengs who were observing the girl from afar.

Donghyun muttered under his breath, “What a way to make an impression. Who does she think she is? Thank goodness I’m playing a bad boy, I don’t have to treat her well.” Bombarded with curiosity, Hyunseong asked, “Not very nice, is she? What did she tell you?”

“She told me I look better on television! You don’t say that to people you meet for the first time, right? What a-“ Before he could continue, Megan put a hand over his mouth. “Oppa! Don’t be mean just because she is.” She giggled, making him smile.

“Fine,” Donghyun replied, putting his arm around Megan’s shoulder. “But only because it’s you.” He turned his head as he overhead the girl’s snobbish voice. “See what I mean?” He motioned to the girl who was rubbing the side of her head, obviously annoyed.

“Look!” The girl shouted, exasperated. “I just want to know where Sandeul is. Sandeul! Lee Junghwan! However you know him!Where is he?!”

One of the coordinator noonas bowed apologetically before answering, “Miss, I told you, he’s-he’s getting his make-up done. You can’t go in there; it’s for the members only. Your room is-“

The members and Megan were already watching the girl intently, but there was something different about the way Megan was looking at her. To their surprise, the girl suddenly hit the coordinator noona’s finger which was pointing to her room.

Gritting her teeth she answered, “I don’t need to know where I’m staying! I need to see Sandeul!” She angrily ran her hand through her hair as she looked around the room, giving an evil eye to everyone who was staring at her. Suddenly, she stopped looking around, and she focused her gaze on Megan. Walking over to her slowly, she asked, “Megan…is that you?”

Megan’s eyes grew big as she glared at the girl, her expression making the Boyfriend members confused and scared of her at the same time. “Jessica,” she started, her eyes piercing deep into the girl’s.

“What are you doing here, and why are you looking for Junghwan?”

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: She is not Jessica of SNSD :)