Chapter 2

Only For A Moment

Minwoo's POV

I was hesitant on whether or not I should open the door for her. 

My hyungs constantly teased me in the car, so I was thinking that opening the door might aggravate the situation even more. Yet I realized, I'm a gentleman, this is who I am

So, I opened the door. Immediately after, the teasing started again. 

"Look who's practicing to be a good boyfriend, ahjusshi!" Donghyun hyung called out, raising his eyebrows at me while looking at our manager. He nudged Youngmin who remarked immediately, "Slow down, tiger! You're still young!"

I motioned for them to keep quiet as I pointed to Meg noona. Oh thank God, she's wearing her earphones

I put my bag down inside the waiting room then head over to the radio DJ so he could brief me on what we were going to do. In the middle of the briefing, Meg noona entered the room.

"Excuse me, I just have something to say to Minwoo." She turned to me, smiling, "Minwoo-ya, he told you to text him when you've picked me up? He says you didn't text." 

I scratched my head as I replied innocently, "Aigoo, i forgot. I'll text him an apology as soon as we're done here."

She nodded as she put her phone beside her ear. "Appa, he says he'll text you in a bit. No, he just has a lot of things on his mind...yeah." I looked at her, nervous and concerned. She shook her head at me, as if to say, don't worry about it

She exited the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. My hyungs didn't make any comments, knowing that this wasn't a laughing matter.

How could I look so irresponsible in front of her appa?

__________

Megan's POV

"Appa, you always make him so nervous. Why do you have to make a big deal out of everything? He's just a young boy!" 

I laughed to myself, remembering how frightened Minwoo looked. On the other end of the line, I could hear my appa chuckling. 

"I didn't do it on purpose, and you know that. That boy just worries too much. I won't kill him just because he didn't text me back." He sighed loudly.

"I can trust him, and I trust you, so I know that you're always in good hands."

I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn't see it. "Don't raise that issue again."

He cleared his throat, a sign that he was either going to go into a lecture or tell me something important. "I'm only doing it, Megan, because we're already on this topic. This boy has a lot to offer you, so maybe you should take this chance."

"What do you think I'm doing, attending every single schedule this boy has? Do you think I'm just doing it for fun? I'm giving this boy a chance because I know this is what you want, appa!" I started to tear up, uncaring of the fact that there were a couple of people around me. 

"Megan..." My appa's voice turned gentle, supportive. "I'm sorry. I just care a lot about you, okay?"

I sniffed then replied, "Yeah, i know. I just wish-"

Before I could reply, someone tapped me on the back. I turned around, and it was Donghyun oppa, breathing heavily. "Ya, the interview is going to start, and Minwoo and manager ahjusshi want you to be there."

"Appa," i started, still sniffing. "I need to go now and watch their interview. I'll talk to you later." Without waiting for an answer, I put the phone down, anger still inside of me.

__________

"Hyung, i think she's fallen asleep."

Minwoo turned to Jeongmin, motioning to Megan whose head was on his shoulder. Jeongmin brought his face close to hers, trying to check if she was still awake or already asleep. Minwoo suddenly moved his face away, saying, "Ya, not too close, hyung."

Jeongmin crossed his arms, leaned back on the car seat and replied, "She's asleep for sure. She must have had a tiring day." He turned to Minwoo as he added, "Hyung told me that she was arguing with her appa on the phone today. Right?" He looked at Donghyun, asking for confirmation.

"Ne, i heard her mentioning a lot of things about what her father wants...or something like that. She was arguing with him too just before we left the studio." He waved his hand and added, "I'm so sleepy, I don't remember what they were really talking about."

Minwoo turned his body gently as not to awake Megan, and looked at Donghyun firmly. "Hyung, I need to know what it was about. Do you think it was about what happened today?"

Hyunseong called out from the passenger seat, "Don't worry so much, Minwoo-ya. It's probably not about you. I think the problem with their appa-daughter relationship is that Megan wants to do certain things but her appa won't let her. He's so protective."

"He has every right to be protective, hyung. In her own way, Megan is a princess. I mean, her appa not only owns the biggest chain of supermarkets in Korea, but he also produces music under different companies," Kwangmin commented, removing his earphones.

"He brought a lot of changes into the music industry, being American and all. So yeah, I think his being protective of her is justifiable."

Minwoo shook his head as he replied, "Sometimes, i think he goes out of line. There are things she should be allowed to do and make her own decisions for, but he doesn't let her."

"He's allowing her to date you, isn't he?" Youngmin raised an eyebrow, causing everyone in the car, including their manager ahjusshi, to break into fits of laughter.

Minwoo blushed a little before replying, "We're not even dating...we're just friends-"

"Deullie..."

Pointing to Megan, Jeongmin remarked, "I thought she's asleep?" Youngmin turned around and looked squarely at her. 

"She's asleep. Maybe she's dreaming, hyung?"

"Deullie..." Megan whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Where are you?"

__________

Flashback

"You've been compared to rookie group B1A4 a lot, haven't you?"

"Ne!" Minwoo answered brightly, his eyes sparkling. "I love their music, and although they debuted only a few weeks before we did, I still consider them our sunbaenims."

Donghyun smiled as he answered, "We don't see them as competition, but rather as inspiration. When we perform, we know that we are being compared to them, but we don't do our best to look better, we do our best for our fans."

The interviewer nodded her head and commented, "It's good to see that you're taking this in a positive manner, rather in the negative way that some fans see it."

"So Hyunseong," the interviewer said, turning to him. "How would you compare yourself to Sandeul, the lead vocalist of B1A4?"

Hyunseong ran his hand through his hair as he replied confidently, "I think i'm better." The whole studio burst out laughing, causing him to wave his hand around over and over. "I'm just kidding! He's good...he's really good."

"Sandeul?"

Minwoo was watching Megan from the moment B1A4 was mentioned, wanting to see how she'd react. He knew that she was unaware of other groups, thanks to her appa, and he wanted to see if an interest would spark in her.

However, when Sandeul was mentioned, her expression turned out to be what he didn't expect. She frantically mouthed his name to the manager ahjusshi, and as soon as he nodded, she took her phone from the table, dialed a number and walked out.

She didn't speak to any of them after that, and fell asleep as soon as she got inside the car.