Chapter 12

Only For A Moment

"Gongchan! Come here!"

Sandeul motioned for the maknae to climb faster as he excitedly pointed to a bush. Pulling the maknae up, he whispered, "When I used to go here, this was my favorite spot. I used to come here with Megan all the time. It was the best."

"So we took a four hour drive just to visit a sentimental spot on this very high mountain? I didn't realize you were such a cheeseball, hyung." Gongchan smiled and then pat his hyung's shoulder. Suddenly, he heard a ruffling sound. His being paranoid took the best of him as he shouted, "Ya! Who's there?"

"Dongsaeng-ah, there's someone behind us. Behind the bush."

"Wait here. I'll check, okay?"

Sandeul turned to Gongchan and whispered, "Channie! It sounds like Minwoo and Megan. Should we hide? I didn't know they were here too. Omona, should we-"

Before Sandeul could finish what he was saying, Minwoo pulled the branches of the bush apart and ended up stepping back in surprise. "Hyung! What are you doing here?"

____________

"I...am...so...tired."

Jeongmin wiped his brow as he exhaled deeply. "I've never hiked before so this is really quite an experience."

"And what a tiring experience it is," Kwangmin added as he leaned against a tree. Reaching for his water bottle, he scanned the other areas of the mountain within his view. "Ya, I see Minwoo and Megan up there."

"Jeongmal? Where?" Youngmin stepped next to his twin and looked where he was looking. "Oh yeah, you're right. There're other people up there with them, though. Who are they?" He squinted his eyes and laughed as he realized who they were.

"You guys won't believe who is up there with them right now. It's Sandeul hyung and Gongchan hyung." He ran his hand through his hair and continued to laugh as he started walking towards the group.

Donghyun quickly followed him and asked, "What are you doing? Don't tell me you're going to spy on them."

"I'm not going to spy, hyung...I'm going to join them." He smiled innocently and motioned for the others to join him. "Come on, let's just see what they're up to."

Donghyun thought about it for a few moments, but when he saw that everyone else was joining Youngmin, against his better judgement, he followed the group. He couldn't deny that he too was wondering what would happen from this little encounter.

"Hyungs! What are you two doing up here? I didn't realize we had planned a hiking trip together." Kwangmin extended his hand out and shook both Gongchan's and Sandeul's hands. 

Awkwardly, Sandeul replied, "We didn't plan this at all." Laughing, he added, "We're surprised to see you all here too. I was thinking that it would be good to take a break from all the stress, so I asked Gongchan to accompany me here."

"Isn't it strange that it was Megan noona who suggested we come up here when on your side, it was you who suggested too hike here, hyung?" Hyunseong looked at Sandeul and laughed at the coincidence.

"It's not much of a coincidence since we used to come here often back then, right Junghwan?" Megan smiled at Sandeul casually, trying to make the situation less awkward. 

"Yes, we used to come here a lot. This was our favorite spot, actually," Sandeul answered, smiling back. "Actually, we brought some food because we were thinking that we'd have a picnic after our hike. Would you all like to join us?"

Jeongmin's face lit up as he asked, "But is there enough food, hyung? There's so many of us now!"

"Don't worry. Gongchan and I both eat a lot so we brought plenty of food. Also, CNU hyung made sure that we packed a lot in case we got extra hungry."

Sandeul motioned for everyone to follow them when Donghyun moved next to him and whispered, "How about we go ahead and you and Megan sort things out? Now that you're away from the media and all the pressure, you should talk things over. Arasso?"

"Ne, hyungnim." Sandeul nodded and then called out, "Gongchan! Come here." When Gongchan climbed back up, Sandeul handed him the car keys and said, "Go ahead. Megan and I will follow. Leave us some food, okay?" Gongchan nodded and then shouted, "Let's eatttt!"

Everyone, being the child-like people they were, shouted in happiness and proceeded to race with each other down the mountain. Megan just laughed and looked at Sandeul as he smiled. 

"So, I suppose we're going to talk now, huh?" Megan looked up at the sky as Sandeul replied, "Only if you want to. I know I'm at fault for a lot of things, so I'm just waiting until you want to talk about it."

"We can talk about it now." She turned to him and smiled sadly as she remarked, "You know you have a special place in my heart, Sandeul. I can't stay mad at you for a long time."

Sandeul playfully hit her as he declared, "That's not true! When we saw each other after a long time, you were so mad at me! You were shouting at me and all of those things. I seriously couldn't get a word in! And even if I could, it didn't matter because you were just so mad. You looked like this." He made an angry face with a little aegyo which made Megan laugh.

"Mean. I didn't look like that. I was way cuter," Megan stated, crossing her arms over her chest. "You just look weird and-"

Before Megan could continue what she was saying, Sandeul's phone rang. He removed it from his pocket, looked at the person calling and then pressed the end call button. Putting his phone back into his pocket, Megan asked, "Who was that? Wh-why didn't you answer?"

He smiled and then took her hand as he led her down the mountain. "It was just Jessica. She can wait. This is more important."

________________

Two effing months to update ;AAAAAAAAAA; i cannot begin to apologize for updating so late.

Well anyway, I made this update long because I'm really really sorryyyy :(

I hope you guys like this update! Please leave comments!