Chapter 6: We both knew

Monday Couple...or should we say everyday?

    "Oppa.....I...We..can't" Jihyo started speaking and Gary expected her to reject him as he always knew Jihyo treated him only as a brother. "but I love you too..." she continued as her voice goes softer. As Gary heard her last sentence,he was shocked. "What did you say?" he asked trying to comfirm again. "Oppa.. I knew you couldn't see it but secretly,I too had a crush on you ever since.....i couldn't even remember. How could a girl not sense a guy liking her?Ofcause I knew you've always making chances for us to happen but Gary Oppa...we just....can't" she finished and sighed. "Why not? Because of me?" Gary asked,confused. "Please Oppa...not you. It's just,you have to know we're both artist. We're public icons...and being together is not about two person anymore if you're an artist....so even how hard we love one another..somehow...it's..impossible?There's too many things hppening at once Oppa..I'm just so tired I couldn't take it anymore" Jihyo said and tears started rolling down her cheeks while Gary,who still haven't complety understand the problem was worried as she cry. He gently wiped her tears off her face with his fingers. "It's alright yah,Jihyo. Don't cry. Oppa apologize for making you that troubled all these while." Gary slowly touch her face and comfort her. Gary was so worried and his heart ached like knife stabbing through it everytime he see her tears rolling down. She might look tough and strong on the outside,but he knew, she is the same as any other girl,needed someone to protect her.

       He pull her closer and wrap his arms around her,hoping to give his warmest hug to her. She felt herself lying on his broad and warm shoulder,a person she can rely on. She too, hug him tightly. Jihyo did not stop sobbing, she felt she had someone to rely on. "Cry as much as you want. You'll feel better then."Gary tell her and gently rub her back to comfort her. 

     It took her quite awhile to stop crying and when she finally stop. She pushed him away. "Sorry Oppa, I guess I'm just too tired recently" she explain to him while wiping her tears. "Thanks Oppa,for lending me your shoulders, I've got to leave now" she continued and stood up. "You drove here?" Gary quickly ask before she open the door and leave. "I'll call my manager unnie to fetch me." she replied. "I'll drive you home. Don't reject." Gary said as he stood up,grab the car keys and her hand. 

     Gary actions was so fast,Jihyo could only blankly stare at him and quietly follow. Both of them got up thee car and the journey was quiet. Jihyo fell asleep. She had been through a whole long and tiring day.

    "Jihyo....we're here" Gary tried to wake Jihyo up when they reached her house. He gently push her shoulder. No response . She was sleeping deadly. He stared at her quietly, still not sure why she couldn't be with him when she herself knows she likes him too. "What's wrong if we're artist?..Being together is not about two people anymore?.." Gary question himself,still thinking about what she said and meant. 
    
*phone rings*

"Ah, Jihyo's phone" Gary took up the phone."Her manager unnie..." he quickly pick up to tell her Jihyo is with him so she don't have to worry. "Yeobusseyo(Hello)" Gary said as he picks it up. She probably did not hear a male voice answering the phone and blurted out a few words. "Jihyo yah,make sure you remember it's a simple dinner okay? No matter how much you love him,remember we always have to obey our company's rules. Nothing should happen..nothing" she blurted out. "Noona..Its Gary here."Gary was shock to hear all that and can finally understand what Jihyo meant by saying they're impossible. "Oh! Gary-ssi! Im so sorry I didn't know. That...erm...forget about what i've said.Haha! Jihyo is with you?Okayy..enjoy! Annyeong(Bye)!" she nervously speak and wants to hang up the phone. "Noonaa wait! What do you mean by company's rules?What nothing should happen?" Gary quickly ask for explaination. "Gary yah! It's nothing..trust me.." she quickly hung up the phone.

      Gary can finally put things together after hearing it. Jihyo's personal life is controlled by her company. Basicly,she has no freedom at all. He stare at her tired and pale face. She is even frowning when she sleeps. Gary gently touch her face.

       "Hmmm.."Jihyo suddenly wake up because of his touch. Shocked,he took away his hand. "Ah..We're here..why didn't you wake me up?"she comb her hair with her fingers and prepare to step out of the car. "Jihyo....Don't worry,Oppa will be here always. Things can change" he softly speaks to her. "Oppa, we just can't okay? Being friends is good too!Let's forget about what happened just now." she smiled like there's nothing. She still does not know the fact that Gary already knew what's going on. Her smile was clearly fake. "No worries. Oppa's glad to know your heart. At least the woman I love,loves me too" he said and pat her head before she leave.

       Jihyo bid goodbye and went down the car. As she finish preparing herself for bed,she lie on her bed and stared at the wall. She smile to herself, somehow feeling better after telling Gary everything.
        
*beep beep*

a message came in

To :Jihyo
I will make you mine one day. Just wait alright? I will settle those problems. Goodnight princess Jihyo.
From : Gary

Not knowing what he meant. She fell asleep. What will Gary do?

[End of Chapter 6]