Book Six

Snowlogy

28k6flk.jpg

You x Chen

28k6flk.jpg

“I don’t understand.”

Your chest vibrates with small laughs as you look away from your friend and this time your gaze fall on a figure of someone you adore so much playing with a group of children not too far from you. Automatically small smile made it way to your lips until your friend pinch your side, making you yelps lightly.

“That’s hurt!” you give her what you define a murderous glare but your friend only laughing in return, pretend like she’s innocent.

“So back to the topic. Its been what? Almost a year now?”

“Eight month to be precise and why does it matter if I confess to him or not? I told you I’m taking my time.” You growled.

“Jesus! Eight month and you still didn’t make any move? If it others I bet they already in bed making-ump”

You quickly clamp Yui’s mouth with your palm before she can continue to blabber about and whatnot. And you had no idea why your love interest always being main topic whenever you and Yui hang out together.

“Euww that gross!” You wipe your palm which covered by Yui’s saliva on her clothes and she only cackle up at your reaction.

“Don’t take him for granted. What if one day he’s gone and never come back? It’s better to confess than regret about it for your whole life.”

Your face written in confusion when Yui suddenly stand up and gather her belonging. “Think about what I said and gather your courage to tell him about your feeling. I’m going to leave you lovebird alone. Bye.”

“Hey-“ You let out unbelievable scoff when Yui walk away, leaving you alone but that only last for second when familiar masculine scent invade your sense of smell making you turn your head to the left.

“Where is Yui?”

You clench the side of your skirt as nervousness start to kick in when Chen take a sit next to you. Eight month and he still have this effect on you.

“She’s gone. Do you want to drink something? I can buy it for you.”

“Thanks, but no thanks. I have something to tell you actually.” Chen flash you a small smiles as he gently rub his nape.

Your heart beat in abnormal pace as your mind jump into varies of possibilities. Is he going to confess that he like me? Is he going to tell me he already have someone? Or worse is he getting married?

You swallow the lump on your throat before dare yourself to stares into his honey colour eyes which always making you melt.

“I’m going to move back to Seoul.”

--

“I’m going to move back to Seoul.”

That statement took you by surprise and because of that you try to avoid Chen for about three days. Whenever you see him from far away with his friends at the campus, you purposely take another route to reach your destination instead of walking at the same hallway.

Its not your purpose to ignore him but its just that you are confuse on what you should do. Clock is ticking and he’s going to move away soon but you still need time to gather every ounce of courage to confess to him.

You press your palm on the metallic door in front of you. Small chuckle escape from your lips. Its already midnight and here you are standing in front of someone else door like a living statue after giving some thought about the confession. Its now or never!

But what made it hard for you to confess is because of Chen’s condition. You don’t want him to think that your confession is out of pity just because he is blind. Your feeling for him is true but Chen might think otherwise.

With last cheer for yourself, you finally press the bell of his home, waiting for him to open the door. Panic start to kick in when you heard footstep from the other side and you feel your chest strained.

 “Mhmm hi?” You nervously break the silence after a moment.

“Hana? What are you doing here? Its almost midnight and its dangerous for a girl like you to be on the street alone this late. What if anything happen to you when you are on your way here?” He hissed instead of inviting you in.

You roll your eyes before barge into his house. Its goddamn cold outside and you don’t want to hear his lecture. Not tonight. Your eyes wander around his unit which is almost empty. Only few boxes left on the side and reality start to kick into you. He’s really going to leave!

“Well why you don’t try to enlighten me now. Why are you here after you tried to avoid me for three days?”

You could hear bitterness in his tone or is that just your only imagination?

“I- I don’t know.”

Chen let out soft sighs before make his way to the kitchen. What was he really expect from you? “I only have few can of beer left in the fridge. Do you want some- Hana?”

You bury your face on his back whilst your hands circling around his waist as you both stand in front of the fridge. You don’t know what exactly you are doing but right now you only want to stay closer to him.

“I guess I can't accept it when you told me that you are going to move away. I don’t know how to handle that news.” You mutter under your breath whilst trying to fight the urge to cry in front of him. This is probably going to be last night you are with him so you want to cherish the moment without ruin it but still your tears stubbornly trickling down on your cheeks and leaving  strain on his shirt.

Don’t go. That’s the words that you badly wanted to tell him but you don’t want to be selfish. After all he’s going back to his family and they can take care of him much better.

Chen slowly turns around before envelope you into his embrace. He slowly rubs your back up and down, trying to calm you down. “Silly. We can still contact each other no?”

It’s not going to be same without you here. “I’m going to miss you.” You look up to see his face though it blurry because of the tears.

“I’ll miss you too.”

You close your eyes as he plant a soft kiss on your forehead and the warm feeling still linger around you even after he gone the next morning, leaving you alone in his bed with small gift. And you never succeed to confess your love for him till the end.

-

I don’t know where to start honestly. With the thought that I’m not going to see you again every day after this like usual making me feel suffocate. Though I can’t see your face (nor I know if I will have chance to), I thank God for sending me the most beautiful angel in my life because with your presence, I’m always looking forward to tomorrow. Your presence in my life meant so much to me than you could ever imagine, Hana. My black and dull world finally being tainted with most beautiful color and that color is you. Though we won’t see each other again for god know how long, I want you to promise me one thing. Keep smiling okay?

Till we meet again,

Chen.

 

You fold the letter that Chen left behind the day he move as you lean on the windowsill of waiting room. Beside this letter, he also left medium size drawing of your portrait. Kai said Chen tries to draw your portrait with his friend’s description on your features and he wrote the letter with Baekhyun’s help.

Time flew so fast and without you realize its been a year without him by your side. At first its hard for you to even step into the campus because you always see him like everywhere. Thanks to Yui who always knock some sense into your head and always be by your side that you finally can get a grip on yourself.

“That jerk. He doesn’t even reply to my letters and messages.” You mutter under your breath, feeling bitter that Chen broke the promise. “Still can contact each other my ,” you continued to curse under your breath.

“How do I look?”

You turn to look on the doorway of fitting room only to see Yui whose look beautiful in her engagement dress. Small smile creeps on your lips.

“You look dead gorgeous!”

Yui let out small chuckles as she finally stands in front of you. She steals a glance on the letter that you hold before flashing you a warm smile.

“You wont leave the letter behind even for just a second wont you?”

This time its your turn to crack a small laughter and you shake your head. This letter meant world to you even you don’t know whereabouts of the writer. The letter is like your lucky charm or some sort like that.

“If you meet him again, what will you do?”

“I will hit him once before tell him that I love him. Oh well I think that’s not going to happen. I-“

“Girls, come on! We don’t want guests to wait forever for you guys.” Chanyeol’s voice roar around the room before you can even finish your words.

You both turn to look on the doorway of waiting room only to see Chanyeol who look dashing in black suit. You roll your eyes before keeping the letter in your purse, letting Yui to walk out first with her brother.

 

Though people rushing to greet the bride and groom to be and to congratulate them, you cant even move an inch. Who’s trying to play prank on you right now? Or worse is this person trying to abduct you?

Albeit so many possibility running in your head, you still froze on your place, letting the unknown figure hugging you from behind. And you swear you almost choke when that person press his body closer to you.

“Its been awhile.”

Your eyes widen as sense of familiarity washing over you when that person whisper on your ear. You whirl around only to meet with Chen’s figure who flash you a warm smile.

“C-chen?”

“Glad you still remember my face.”

You scoff as a reply to his remark. You are not the one who blind here but he only grins seeing your reaction before once again drag you into his embrace, keeping you closer to him.

“I miss you.” He whispers on your ear. Though the hall still crowded with guests who celebrating Suho and Yui’s engagement, he on the other hand cant wait to greet you as soon as you step into the hall.

“Miss me my . You don’t even reply to my letters and messages.” You grumble under your breath.

“I have my own reason to not reply to your letters and messages.”

“Yeah? Like what?”

“I’m afraid that I’m going to give up on my treatment and goes back to you.”

You furrow your brows in confusion before look up to meet with his gaze. “Are you sick? Why don’t you tell me anything about it?”

At this point you feel like your chest are about to explode. You don’t even know what you should feel right now. Though anger coursing through your every vein but at the same time you feels sad. Sad because he don’t even tell you about his health issue. Don’t you mean anything to him even just as a friend?

As if he can read that you are in whirls of mix emotion right now, Chen lean closer and plant a soft kiss on your forehead before he leans back. “I will explain everything later. Right now let me have my way with you. You look beautiful in this blue dress by the way.” He grinned.

“W-wait.” You take a step back as his words start to hit you. How in the earth he knew what you are wearing right now?

“Don’t tell me-“

He let out soft chortle and nods his head as an answer to the question that running in your head right now. “I can see you now and I’m not going to leave you alone after this. Especially when men keep stealing a glance on you. Gotta make ‘em knows that you are mine.”

“Who say that I’m going to be yours?” You quirk an eyebrow but letting him circle an arm around your waist anyway whilst trying not to smile at his indirect proposal.

“I’m going to do anything and everything to make you mine.” He plants a soft kiss on the tip of your nose this time.

“I’m not going to go easy on you, you know.”

“Bring it on.”

You close your eyes as Chen finally plants a soft kiss on your lips. It feel right just to be in his arms but oh well..you are going to make him pay for that one year he left you behind without words.

“We don’t really mean to disturb you both but there’s still people here you know.” Baekhyun grinning innocently at both of you before you hide your face on Chen’s chest.

Laughter’s roaring around the room as you feel warmness spreading on your cheeks. But on the other side, you feel grateful because you finally can be in the arms of someone you love and you will make sure not to chicken out but instead to express your love toward the man named Kim Jongdae this time.