Chapter 8

In your Eyes 2

It’s already February and the work at the Kim Corporation is getting busier than the usual routine. Employees double their work time to finish a certain project by its deadline. Taeyeon, Miyoung and Hyoyeon were affected since they are in charge of the marketing department of the company. Though Taeyeon owned the company partially, she still needs to do the job of a marketing director. Miyoung and Hyoyeon are helping her with the project.

 

Tiffany on the other hand, went over to Japan for a proposed project for her. She’s been there for almost a week now. The two doesn’t have enough time to one another since they are both busy with their own work resulting for them to lose their connection but when they find an opportunity, they will call each other.

 

“TaeTae, what do you say about the proposal of that Baekhyun guy at the presentation?” Miyoung asked as she types.

“Not bad for a guy like him. He consider what the customer wants and that’s a good thing though his only mistake was he didn’t foresee the disadvantages of it”, Taeyeon replied back.

“Yeah, all he stated was the advantages the customers can gain when the product is launch and not its flaws”,

“Hyoyeon, how about the data you gathered on the other company? Did it met our define quota?” Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon.

“I’m not quite sure about it Taeng. Their company is at its boost, I don’t think they can meet our quota though it can still be work out”,

 

Taeyeon just nod back as soon as she got the information she needed before compiling a record about it for submission within the end of the day. All three of them focus on their works as none of them talks for a while.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany is doing well at the studio they are working on. Nickhun was with her during her rehearsal as he checks her progress from time to time. This will be the third time Tiffany will go recording for her next album. After taking the last part of the song, the producer asked her to take some rest before resuming to work.

 

“Good work Tiffany”, Nickhun said as she hand Tiffany a bottle of water.

“Thanks Nick, it’s kind of tiring but it was fun…hmm, I wonder how’s my TaeTae”, Tiffany said as she drinks from her water.

“So you two are serious about your relationship huh?” Nickhun asked causing Tiffany to look at him.

“Yes and why won’t we? We love each other and that’s more than enough for a proof”, Tiffany answered back.

“Well…I just find it weird, you know…girl with another girl?”

“It is common already Nickhun, maybe in Thailand it is not”,

“Hmm…maybe you’re right but, won’t you change your mind?”

Tiffany looked at him with serious expression. She knows him too well and she knows where this conversation is going.

 

“Look Nick, you might be against it but there’s nothing you can do…I love TaeTae and she loves me so please don’t make me doubt you as my friend”, Tiffany said as she hand Nickhun the bottled water he gave her a while ago.

 

Nickhun sighed at the scene of Tiffany leaving him and returning inside the studio to resume her recording. He clasped both his hands and placed it under his chin as he observes Tiffany from a distant. He’s been in love with her since the day the two became close friends, and since they’ve been away from each other, he doesn’t have a chance on telling her how he feels towards Tiffany. Shaking the thought out his mind, he focuses on the schedule that Tiffany will be doing for the time of her stay at the country.

 

It is almost evening when the recording comes to an end and it was a good one. Tiffany never disappoints the production stuff, she’s putting her everything on anything. By the time the crew exited the recording studio, Nickhun waits for her arrival at the waiting lounge. Handing her schedule and bottled water, they head to their service and went to the hotel to rest up.

 

“Ahm…Tiffany…well”,

“Don’t worry Nick, it’s okay”, Tiffany answered back as she plugged an earphone on her ears.

“Ahh…okay”,

 

The ride to their hotel was long and quite as the two remained silent. Minutes passed and they finally arrived at the hotel in where they would stay as they head to their respective rooms.

 

“Well…goodnight Tiffany”,

“Night Nick…by the way, tomorrow’s my off so I would like to have the whole day free from anything, thanks”, Tiffany said as she bid him goodnight before shutting the door between them.

 

Nickhun sighed once more and scratch the back of his head. He just nod to her request as he head to his room to rest as well.

 

The next day, Tiffany woke up extremely late as she head towards the kitchen of her room to fetch some milk from the fridge. Pouring it into her glass before drinking, she thought about what Nickhun told her last night. Her eyebrow furrowed just by thinking it. She disposed the glass on the sink before leaving the kitchen. She went to the living room to watch some shows on the television set.

 

“I wonder why Nick suddenly put that up?” she thought to herself as she fixed her eyes on the screen.

 

She just shrugs her shoulder as she enjoys the shows she’s watching. She gets bored with it after a few moments and she decided to surf the internet. She then tried calling Jessica through Skype and thanked god she came through.

 

“Hello Jessi”,

“How’re you? Haven’t heard anything about you for a while”, Jessica replied to the webcam, she’s with Yuri.

“Been busy and tired lately, the production crew in Japan is no joke. By the way, how’s TaeTae doing? She’s not answering my call”,

“Well Fany-ah, Taeng’s been busy with their current project this month. Even Miyoung and Hyoyeon are finding it hard. I visited her once but I wasn’t able to reach her. No visitors allowed until the project has been done, well that’s what the receptionist told me when I tried to visit her”, Yuri answered.

“Ahh…I see…” Tiffany replied with a dejected look.

“Well Tiff, just think about this…she’s been very busy for this upcoming Valentine’s Day…maybe she’ll propose to you and is planning on buying you a ring”, Jessica said as she cheer the latter up.

“Goodness Jessi, TaeTae won’t do that…that’s too cheesy”,

 

Jessica just had a straight face when Tiffany said that while Yuri just laugh at the matter.

 

“Fany-ah, don’t underestimate our Taengoo…she might not have any sweetness on her body but she can be so cool sometimes haha!” Yuri replied.

“Eh? Is that even possible Yuri-ah? I mean, it’s TaeTae we’re referring to”, Tiffany questioned her.

“Haha, I don’t know if there’s something she’s planning on doing for you this Valentine’s Day…let’s just wait and see”, Yuri then winked at her.

“Well speaking of Valentine’s Day, that’s less than a week already isn’t it?” Jessica joins in.

 

The two just nod in return.

 

“Will you be able to make it back before then?” she asked Tiffany.

“I hope so; I want to celebrate my first valentine with her this year”,

“Sure you will…just hurry up and finish your business there and come flying back here”, Yuri said.

“I wonder if I can, but I’ll give it a try”,

“Great…then we’ll go on a double date!” Jessica said.

“Good idea Sica-baby!”

“Jessi, if I know you just want to laze around Yuri”,

“Now now, I’ve changed”, Jessica protested.

“Oh yes you did”, Tiffany replied in a sarcastic tone causing Yuri to laugh. “Well, I need to go now guys. Thanks for the chat”, she added.

“Sure, take care of yourself there Tiff. Love you, we’ll inform Taeyeon”,

“Thanks Jessi”,

“Take care Fany-ah! Bye!”

 

The next day, Tiffany resumes with her recording as they do a rundown on the last title track of the album entitled Unspeakable as Tiffany sings in the studio. On the other hand, Nickhun does the usual routine; checking her schedule for the day. As her manager he needs to manage Tiffany’s time without exhausting her.

 

“Okay! Good work everyone!”

 

The producer said signaling the end of the recording. Tiffany thanked the staffs of the company as she talks with the producer one last time. After doing so, she head to where Nickhun is waiting for her and they decided to have a quick meal by the restaurant down town.

 

“I’m so beat today”, she said as she stretch her arms.

“Well at least you’re done with it”, Nickhun answered back.

“Yeah, that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to go back to Korea”,

“You really want to go back that badly to Korea huh?” Nickhun asked.

“Of course!Me, Jessi, Yuri and TaeTae already made plans this coming Valentine’s Day. How about you?” she asked the latter.

“Valentine’s Day? Haha, I don’t have any plans for that day”,

“Huh? Don’t you have a date or something?”

“Got none”,

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she’s hearing and it comes to Nickhun as well. She just sighed as they continue to drive all the way to the restaurant to grab some meal for themselves.
 

Finally arriving at the restaurant, the two grabbed the menu and choose their course before placing it on order. Just then, Tiffany’s phone rings from her purse. She fished it out and answers it.

 

“Hello?”

“Hey Fany”,

“TaeTae!”

After hearing the name, Nickhun immediately looks at the happy expression of Tiffany on the line. He then ignores it as he makes himself busy. Their phone call was long and all he could hear was squealing from Tiffany. What can he do? The one Tiffany is talking with is none other than Taeyeon. He couldn’t expect less now can he? As soon as their orders arrived, Tiffany bid farewell to Taeyeon as she placed her phone back to her purse.

 

“Thanks for the treat Nick; I’ll treat you some other time okay?” Tiffany said as they walk through the hallway of their floor.

 

They are now back at their hotel and ready to take some goodnight rest on their respective rooms. When they finally reach their rooms, they both bid goodnight to each other before shutting their doors.

 

It’s been two days since the launched of Tiffany’s newest album and it was a huge success. She’s done many album signing and she is now back to Korea after her contract to Japan. They are now at the airport when Tiffany noticed some familiar figures waiting from a distant.

 

“Hey!”

 

The crowd looks at her with a confuse look as she run towards them and Nickhun was following her dragging her luggage.

 

“Tiff!”

“Jessi!”

 

The two best friends hugged and kissed each other as they show how they miss one another.

 

“Fany-ah!”

“Yuri-ah!”

 

Yuri and Tiffany did the same.

 

“Mimi!”

“Fany!”

 

Miyoung and Tiffany did the same as well.

 

“Wait, where’s Hyo?”

“She can’t make it. She needs to babysit her niece”, Miyoung explained.

“That’s too bad…”

 

Tiffany then looks at the last person waiting in line with a smile plastered on her face. She immediately walked towards the latter as she hugs her tightly.

 

“I’ve missed you TaeTae”, she said as she buried her face into the crooked of the latter’s neck.

“Me too…” Taeyeon replied back doing the same.

“Well, how sweet of them”, Miyoung interrupts their small reunion.

“Mimi!” Tiffany said as she link arms with her.

“Oh! Nick!” Yuri noticed Nickhun behind them.

“Yow”,

 

 

---

sorry for the long wait for chapter 8. I was fixing some personal things and yeah... 

so here's chapter 8 as promise and i made it a bit long for you guys :3 

Nick is planning something...i think? oh well, let's just see what happens as the story goes on. enjoy reading~ :3