Chapter 5

In your Eyes 2

 

Taeyeon and the group returned to the city as they make their way into their personal houses. Inside Taeyeon and Tiffany’s unit, Taeyeon hurriedly scans through each documents she place on her suitcase as she checks the time every now and then. Tiffany could only look at her from the doorway of their room.

 

“TaeTae, don’t be so rush. You might forget something”,

“No no, it’s okay. I’m checking them before placing it on my bag. You go rest some more, okay?” Taeyeon replied as she locks her suitcase before heading out to the door.

“You’re going?”

“Yes. I’ll be home tonight, so wait for me?”

Tiffany just smiled as Taeyeon plant a quick peck on Tiffany’s forehead.

“TaeTae!”

“Yes Fany?” Taeyeon said as she was in a hurry.

“Why forehead?”

“It counts more than kissing the lips! I’ll see you later, take care!”

 

Taeyeon quickly mounted her car as she speed off. Tiffany just stood by the front door as she sees her off. After that, she went inside the house again and slumped herself on the sofa and decided to watch some movie clips she borrowed from Jessica.

 

An hour of driving, Taeyeon finally reached the company as she quickly parked the car and hurriedly went to where the meeting would take place. Upon entering the board room, she was surprised to see her uncle and Siwon seated next to each other with an unfamiliar man. She excuse herself from being late as she seat right across her uncle.

 

“So…what are we here for?” Taeyeon asked.

“Now now, you wouldn’t want to know who this young man is?” her uncle points out at the man across Taeyeon.

“Ahh…should I?”

“Come on Taeng, he’s my cousin. Baekhyun”, Siwon joins in.

“Baek…hyun, huh. Well anyway, what do you want to talk about gramps? Siwon’s concern made me worry about the company collapsing or something like that? Where are Miyoung and Hyoyeon?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hold your horses there. They’ll be here in a few moments. What we are about to tackle now is for your future, I’m about to retire soon”,

“But gramps, didn’t you gave me the company already? That means, you’re retired”, Taeyeon answered flatly.

“HAHAHA! Why you little rascal. You’re just like your father. I haven’t given you the whole title, just the half”, her uncle laugh off.

“Seriously gramps, what do you want to talk about? I cancelled a very important event today for this, so this might as well be worth it”, Taeyeon said as her tone of voice is getting irritated.

“That’s why you don’t have a boyfriend! HAHA!” Siwon interrupted.

“Well sorry. I don’t need one”, she retorted back.

“How about giving you one?” her uncle said.

“Excuse me?”

 

Just then, the door creaked open revealing Miyoung and Hyoyeon carrying some clear books and folders with them.

 

Taeyeon just eyed them as she resumes with her question. “So?”

“Well, Baekhyun here is single and he told me he is interested on meeting my granddaughter, so what can you say about her?” he then asked Baekhyun.

“Just as I thought, I’d like her”, he then smiled at Taeyeon.

 

Miyoung and Hyoyeon tried to hold their laughter as they pretend to be busy with the papers as they observe Taeyeon’s behavior. But then, they were surprised to see that Taeyeon stood up from her seat and was heading out.

 

“Taeyeon! Where are you going?” Siwon asked.

“Back at my place”,

“Why? Do you have important matters to attend?” her uncle asked her.

Taeyeon looked back at him with bored expression as she grip the doorknob. “I do, and my friend was right. I could have said no. This meeting is pointless”, she added before shutting the door leaving them behind.

 

The room fell into silence.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” her uncle asked.

“Ahn…Mr President?” Miyoung hesitates.

“Yes Ms Lee?”

“Ta…I mean, Ms Kim really do have some important matters to attend to. It started yesterday, and it was supposed to be a whole 3 day trip”, she explained.

“What do you mean?” Siwon asked.

“Mr Choi, that happening is her top priority among any other matters. She arranged that for almost a year, and it got twisted just like that”, Hyoyeon interjected.

“What is this happening? And by how you explain things, is it this important? For her to act that way?”

 

Miyoung and Hyoyeon could only exchange glances. They just nod.

 

Taeyeon is now heading to the parking area as a male voice called out for her.

 

“Yes?”

“Hey, where are you going?” it was Baekhyun.

“I’m going home, what else?”

“Want me to drive you there?”

“I rather not, besides I don’t talk to strangers”, Taeyeon said as she fished out her car keys.

“Strangers?” Baekhyun started. “Okay! The name’s Baekhyun! There I’m not a stranger anymore! So can I drive you home?” he added, still insisting.

“You know what, I’ve been in a very bad mood since last night because of this worthless piece of you people called meeting! I even cancelled an important event, and you expect me to let you drive me home?” Taeyeon said in an irritated tone.

“Ahh…yes? I don’t see why not”, Baekhyun answered back as if mocking her.

“I can’t stand people like you. So just off”, Taeyeon finally mounted her car leaving Baekhyun alone.

“She’s a feisty one!”

 

Taeyeon drives off irritated as that Baekhyun guy keep on bugging her. She stopped by a cake and a flower shop before heading back to their unit. Parking her car inside their unit, Taeyeon slowly put the key to the keyhole and opens the door. The TV set is left open while Tiffany is now lying down the sofa.

 

“I told you to turn it off when you’re not using it. Really this girl”, Taeyeon said as she brushed the hair blocking Tiffany’s face. She just smiles before planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Oh, TaeTae…you’re back already? What time is it? Nevermind that, what do you want to—”

“Can’t I have a hug at least?”

Tiffany just smiled as she hugs her tightly.

“Anyway, why are you so early?” she asked.

“It’s just a worthless piece of , and they called it a meeting? Seriously, I just wasted the gasoline for nothing”, she said as she seat next to her.

“Hmm…oh, what’s this? A cake? What’s the occasion?”

“An apology gift, for ruining our night together”, she stated. “And this too”, she added before handing Tiffany a bouquet of flowers.

“Waa! Oh my god! They’re pink! PINK!”

“I’ll take that as a thank you”, Taeyeon smiled.

“Thank you so much TaeTae! I love you ten times!”

 

The two of them enjoys the whole day staying inside their unit talking about random things while eating the cake, they also resumes the movie Tiffany was watching earlier.

 

“So Fany, when are you going back to the US?” Taeyeon asked.

“I told the agency I’ll be on leave for a week, I don’t know. It depends, if I have an urgent rehearsal to do I can’t say no”, she explained.

“I see. Your job is a much easier one than mine”, Taeyeon replied as she lean her head into Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Now don’t say that TaeTae, you’re the future owner of your grandfather’s company. Take it seriously”,

“Uhmp…” Taeyeon sighed. “Okay, whatever you say”, she added. 

 

 

--

i'll try to update more, i just ran away from home just to have some update to my ongoing fanfics, hahaha hope you guys understand. XD oh well, happy new year guys! <3