Chapter 6

In your Eyes 2

“Hey Sica-baby, are you angry at Taeng and Fany-ah?” Yuri asked Jessica who is facing backwards.

“No”,

“Eh…you are”,

“No”,

“Baby…”

“Yuri, I said NO”,

“O-okay! Sorry…”

 

Yuri fall silence after that as she turns the television on to watch some shows. Jessica on the other hand, pays less attention to her. After the incident last night, Jessica has been avoiding anything related to Taeyeon or to Tiffany. She refused to give comments about them after her outburst. She didn’t know what’s got into her that night when she said those things. She regrets it somehow.

 

“Seobang, I want to go out”,

“Oh? Where to? Mall?”

“No”,

“Oh…hold on, I’ll go prepar—”

“No. I’ll go alone”,

 

Yuri was surprised when Jessica told her that. This was the first time that Jessica went out alone. She follows her with her eyes as she fixes her things before hanging her shoulder bag; she then went straight to the door.

 

“W-wait, Sica-baby…at least I’ll drive y—”

 

Yuri was cut off when Jessica shut the door between them, she didn’t even let Yuri finished her sentence. With that, Yuri felt dejected. Jessica is acting strange, she thought to herself as she sat at the sofa once again and continue to watch some shows. Jessica walked to where the bus stop is as she waits for the next trip. She unlocks her phone and inserted on her earphones as music blasts into her ears.

 

I may have been a little hard on Yuri…I hope she’s not mad or anything. She thought to herself as she prepare herself to enter the platform of the bus who just came seconds ago. As she let herself enjoys the vacant seat where she had sat on, a guy enters the platform with a huge grin on his face, and this made Jessica think.

 

The way he smirks is so disgusting. Maybe he’s a ert or something. She thought to herself again as she fished out a book from her bag and begins to read. As soon as she enjoys the moment, the guy seat next to her. What the hell? Jessica thought as she eyed the guy from the side of her eyes.

 

The ride was smooth for Jessica excluded the irritating sounds the guy beside her is creating like tapping his fingers to the safety railings on the seat in front of them, humming different sounds and so on. The bus came to a stop and it was time for Jessica to hop out.

 

“Excuse me, are you getting off? Cause I am, so could you move?” Jessica said to the guy who moved a bit so Jessica can walk through.

 

Jessica stare into the guy one last time before shaking her head and finally getting out of the platform. She placed the bookmark on the last page she read as she closes the book and placing it back to her bag. She then went inside a coffee shop.

 

“Oh?! Jessica?! Is that you?!” a girl shouted from behind.

Jessica checked who it was. “Huh…wait, Nana?!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Oh my god! IT IS YOU! I didn’t recognize you for a second there! How are you?!” Nana said as she hugs the latter.

“I’m fine! You? I haven’t heard anything about you for years!”

“Haha! I’m a busy person! Wait, you alone?”

“Yeah”,

“Great! I’ll table you!”

“Haha, stop talking nonsense Nana”, Jessica playfully slaps Nana’s shoulder.

“Haha, I was just joking. Care for a drink? My treat”, Nana said with a smile.

“Sure!”

 

Jessica and Nana sat on a table not too far from the counter as Nana takes their order leaving Jessica to keep an eye on their belongings. Nana came back minutes after that with treats on her hand.

 

“So! How are you?” Nana started off as she mix her drinks.

“I’ve been fine. You?”

“Same, though I’m a bit stressed out with work. Recently, the fashion company that I’m currently working with is in a tight schedule. I’ve been missing out my daily routine for beauty secrets”, she then sigh as she sips from her drinks.

“Oh?! So you did become a fashion artist?!” Jessica asked.

“I’m not just a fashion artist, I’m also a make-up artist, and a model. I’m an all-rounder!” Nana shouted.

“Wow”,

“Yes. W.O.W.”,

 

The two girls enjoy their time together as they talk their lives after they’ve gone their separate ways after their graduation. Nana is her best friend beside Tiffany. The two of them were raised together by Jessica’s parents since Nana’s parents are often overseas and they placed her at the care of the Jung Family. Though after their graduation, their connection to one other were cut off because Nana’s parents got her to stay with them.

 

“Oh? It’s this late already?” Nana said as she noticed the time.

“Why? Do you need to go somewhere?” Jessica asked.

“Ahh…kind of…wait! Since this is our grand reunion, want to hang out a little more? Just like before?” Nana asked as she smiles at Jessica.

“Huh? Where to?”

“Just come, it’ll be fun! Okay?”

 

Jessica didn’t reject the offer since she was not contented with the short time they had so she decided to join her for a little longer. The two of them exited the shop as they head to the parking lot.

 

“Wow…you have a car”, Jessica said.

“Oh come on, as if you don’t have one”,

 

The two of them laugh at the matter as they both enter the car before Nana started the engine and they take the road. They continue their conversation as the sun sets from their side signaling that the night is slowly approaching. Minutes of ride, they finally arrived in front of a small house as Nana killed the engine of her car while removing her seatbelts.

 

“Where are we?” Jessica asked as she scans the place.

“My place”, Nana smiled as she opens the door.

 

They entered Nana’s place as she turns the light of the house. Jessica then let her enjoy one of the seats available as Nana went over to the kitchen to fetch them some snacks. Jessica scans the area as she stands to walk around. She stops by the small fireplace and she saw a picture frame which results for her to make a smile.

 

“Oh, so you saw that huh?”

 

Nana came from behind with a tray of cake and some juice as she placed them on the table before adjusting the temperature of the room and opening the television set before seating on the sofa.

 

“You had this with you?” Jessica said as she grabbed the frame.

“Of course I do. It’s my priced possession”, Nana smiled as she took a bite from her cake.

“Price possession…huh? But it’s just a picture of the two of us when we were little…oh look! The teddy you gave me!” Jessica squealed as she takes a seat next to Nana.

“Oh Mr Teddy, you still have it?”

“Of course! It’s sitting pretty on my room back at my house”, Jessica said.

“Back at your house? Why? You’re not staying there anymore?” Nana curiously asked.

“Hmm, you can say. I’m staying with Yuri for a while”,

“Y-Yuri?” Nana questioned her.

“Ah, yeah. She’s my g—friend”, Jessica stops as she sips from her juice.

 

Nana stared at her before looking away. She then took another bite from her cake before setting her eyes on the television set in front of them. The two started talking after moments of silence with different random things that pops into their mind as they got carried away with the time passing really fast. When they noticed it, it was already passed 11:00pm.

 

“Oh god, it’s that late already?!” Jessica jerked as she noticed the time before checking her phone.

“Why?”

“I need to go back now Nana”, Jessica said as she type some characters on her phone.

“…I’ll drive you”,

“Really?! You will?! Thanks Jin Ah! I love you!” Jessica thanked her as she kisses her on the cheek while hugging her.

“Okay okay, let go. I need to get my keys”,

“Okay! Thanks a lot! I owe you one”,

 

Nana drived Jessica back to her place as Jessica shows her the way. Driving with caution, Nana eyed Jessica from the side of her eyes as she noticed the worried expression on the latter’s face. This made her think.

“Why so gloomy?” she asked.

“Ahh…it’s nothing Nana”,

“…oh, but that is nothing. You look dejected, what happened?” she asked again, her eyes on the road.

“Ahh, well…I kind of forgot to text Yuri where will I go today, I just told her I’m going out”, Jessica said as she plays with the screen of her phone.

 

Nana just nods back as she increase the speed of the car. Making a turn on the last block of the subdivision, Jessica ordered her to stop. After doing so, they saw a person seating at the front gate and Jessica know who it was, she immediately got out of the car before walking towards the person who turns out to be Yuri.

 

“My god Yuri! What are you doing out here?!” Jessica said as she nudged the latter who seems to fell asleep.

“S-Sica?”

“Yes yes, it’s me. What happened? What are you doing here?” Jessica held her face. “Oh my god, you’re freezing cold!” Jessica shouted as she removes her scarf before placing it over at Yuri’s neck to warm her up.

“I…was…waiting for…you”,

“Why?”

“You’re…mad at…me”,

“I am not mad at you Seobang, really! Oh! Nana, go with us inside, I’ll prepare us some hot drinks”, she asked Nana as she help Yuri to stand up.

 

Jessica let Yuri sat on the sofa while Nana is following them from behind as she seat on one of the seats. Jessica then quickly went to the kitchen.

 

“Oh…hello there”, Yuri suddenly spoke.

“Hi”,

“A friend of Sica I assumed?” Yuri said as she looks at her with tired eyes.

“…yes”,

 

Yuri just nods back before closing her eyes once more. Nana just looked at her. So that is…Yuri. She thought to herself as she checks the feature of the latter. Just then, Jessica returned with a tray of hot drinks.

 

“Here Nana, your milk”, Jessica hands the mug to Nana as she grab Yuri’s. “Here Seobang, drink this up to warm that body of yours”, she added.

“Sorry Sica-baby”, Yuri apologized as she blows her hot drink.

“Stop apologizing already, just drink that up”,

 

Nana watched the two as they looked after each other. She just sighed. Finishing her drink, she stood up.

 

“Oh? Nana, what’s wrong?” Jessica asked.

“I have to go, I still have work tomorrow”, Nana smiled.

“I see…but, it’s already this late, won’t you stay for the night?” Jessica asked.

“No need, I still can drive. I’m not that tired”, Nana smiled back.

“Guess so. Take care okay? Be careful driving…oh wait! Give me your number so I can talk to you again”, Jessica said as she fished her phone out.

 

Jessica see Nana out as Yuri decided to stay inside to warm herself up more. Opening the gate for her, Jessica then stood by her car.

 

“Just text me if you need to hang out. I’m always free”, Nana smiles as she fished out her keys.

“I will…but didn’t you say that you’re a busy person?” Jessica chuckles.

“I am…” Nana answered. “But I can always make time for you”, she added.

“Huh? What?” Jessica asked.

“I said, yes I’m a busy person so I need to get going now! See you later ice princess!” Nana said as she pinched the latter’s cheek before entering her car.

 

Jessica waved goodbye to Nana as the latter did the same before heading off. Holding the wheel with one hand, she sets the music of her car up as she listen to some songs while driving back to her place. She then smiled to herself. So those two are... She thought to herself as she stops the car under a street light.

 

“Jessica…and that Yuri, huh?” Nana said as she stares at her hand resting on the wheel before gripping it.

 

She sighed for the last time as she continues to drive herself home. How’s that for a reunion. 

 

--

 

how's that for another update? i'm inserting another artists to the story so it'll be more grande hahaha!

first it's Bacon and now it's BaNANA hahaha! :D tell me what you guys think okay? it'll be awhile again before i update again so enjoy reading guys ~ toodles