Chapter 4

In your Eyes 2

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany was now inside Taeyeon's car as the two of them didn't dare to say a word to the other. Tiffany would only steal glances at Taeyeon but diverts her eyes to somewhere off when Taeyeon looks at her. Taeyeon just sighs. She stops the car to a gas station for a refill. She gets out of the car leaving Tiffany alone.

 

"Maybe, I was a bit too forward?"

 

Taeyeon scratch the back of her head as she enters a convenient store. Meanwhile, Tiffany makes herself busy as she watch the meter of the gas running. She kept her stare for a while when suddenly Taeyeon opens the door with a plastic of goodies on her hand. Offering any to Tiffany, the latter just politely rejected it. Taeyeon pays for the charge as she starts off her engine and continue to drive back home. Taeyeon had enough of this tensed atmosphere they are having, she decided to break the ice between them.

 

"I'm sorry",

"Huh? Ah..."

"I'm sorry about earlier. You must be surprised about that",

Surprised?! I'm shocked! "No, it's okay",

"Uhm, I just wanted to apologise",

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip as she keeps her eyes on the road ahead of them making Tiffany blush and smile at the same time. It was almost 7:00pm when they arrived at their unit; Tiffany being the first to got out of the vehicle then Taeyeon. Tiffany unlocks the front door of the house as she enters followed by Taeyeon who close the door before them.

 

Placing their things on a corner, Tiffany went to the kitchen to have some milk while Taeyeon sat down on the sofa before turning on the television set. Tiffany followed Taeyeon on the living room as she hand her some refreshements and snacks. She sat next to the latter as she placed her legs on Taeyeon's lap.

 

"Ti...Tiffany",

"I hate you",

"Ah?! W-why?"

"You don't call me Fany anymore",

"But...you are mad and...",

"I told you its okay! You don't believe me",

"But...",

 

Tiffany is now irritated on Taeyeon's stubborness. Stashing away the snack on her hand, she pushed Taeyeon on the sofa resulting the latter to lay down on her back having Tiffany hovering over her. Taeyeon was about to say another word when Tiffany shuts it off with . She grabs both Taeyeon hands and place it on top of the latters hand before gripping it on place as she deepens the kiss.

 

Tiffany then parted her lips on Taeyeon as she inhale for air. Taeyeon just remained seated on the sofa without uttering a single word. The taller girl fixed herself as she seat up straight and continue on watching some television show.

 

"Tiffany..."

"TaeTae shut up",

"Yes Ma'am!"

 

The next day, TaeNy a d YulSic plan on having a picnic by the lake on the other town as Taeyeon and Yuri prepares the things needed on the trip.

 

"Haha! That's so lame Taeng! You are so under!" Yuri laughed.

"I don't want to hear it from you Yul. Speak for youself", Taeyeon said.

"Anyway, did anything happen beside that?"

"What?!"

"Eh!? Nothing happened?!" Yuri asked.

"What do you mean nothing happened?! Of course, nothing happened! What do you expect!?"

"Ahh, well...a little lf this and that, maybe?"

 

Taeyeon just give her a poker face as she continues to fixed the things on the back of the car. Meanwhile, Tiffany and Jessica are in charge of the food for the trip.

 

"I wonder what those two are talking about", Jessica said as she place some quick glance over Taeyeon and Yuri.

"Just let them",

"So Tiff, what happened last night?"

 

Tiffang raised an eyebrow to her bestfriend since she knows very well what she is talking about. It was most lunchtime when they finished packing and decided to eat some food before heading out. Jessica went over to where Taeyeon was seated as she sat beside her.

 

"Do you mind?" she asked as she hooking her hair on her ear.

"No. Please",

 

Taeyeon and Jessica wasn't used to be sitting close to one another as they chew on their food. Taeyeon didn't mind the latter as she keeps on chewing her food while Jessica stares blankly into space, again.

 

"So...do you want to talk about something?" Taeyeon asked.

Jessica turn her face. "Taeyeon...don't hurt Tiff",

 

Taeyeon was a bit in shocked as to what Jessica had told her. She furrowed her eyes as she follows Jessica heading to where Yuri and Tiffany is. Diverting her eyes to somewhere else, she engulf herself on her own thoughts.

 

Don't her Tiff, she thought. Why would she hurt her? Does she have any reason to do it? Why would she say something like that? Deep within her thoughts, she didn't noticed that Tiffany was waving her hand close to her face.

 

"Oh Tiff...Fany, what's wrong?" she asked as she shake the thought out her mind.

"Ahh well...we were just about to go? Are you done?"

Taeyeon stares at Tiffany without answering her. The latter then leaves Taeyeon as she grabs her leftover before tossing it into the nearby trash can before going back to where she is seated and grabs her by her arm.

 

"TaeTae, if you stare too much, there won't be anything left on me. You wouldn't want that right? Now let's go. Jessi's going berserk",

 

Taeyeon let the latter drag her inside the car as they head off to their destination. Yuri was the one driving as Jessica sat next to her, sleeping. Tiffany and Taeyeon, on the other hand, took the back seat of the car as they let their bodies feel the coziness of the seat. Tiffany then intertwined their fingers as she rest her head on Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

It was already passed three in the afternoon why the group arrived at the picnic site. Yuri and Taeyeon set the grill as Tiffany and Jessica arrange and put up the tents. After countless times of trying to put the tent up, they finally managed to get it right with the help of the manual book. Tiffany placed a picnic mat next to the tent as she and Jessica rest for a while.

 

“Seobang, is the food ready?”

“Oh! Not yet Sica-baby, just a few moment. Want some refreshments?” Yuri answered back.

“Ahh. Okay, I’d like to have lemonade”,

“Fany-ah, what do you want?” Yuri asked Tiffany.

“Oh, I’ll go with what Jessi wants”,

“Got it. Be right back”,

 

Tiffany and Jessica continue with their small talk while Taeyeon finishes their meal for the day. Her time was interrupted when she heard her phone ringing inside her pocket. Wiping the grease off her hand, she answered the call.

 

“Tiff, so how are things with you and Taeyeon?” Jessica suddenly changed their topic.

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean Tiff”, Tiffany could only fake a laugh, she then sighed.

“It’s nothing Jessi. I guess…I’m just being a little too…possessive?”

 

Jessica, after hearing Tiffany’s statement gave her bestfriend a you-don’t-say look. She then looked at Taeyeon who seems to be occupied with her phone call, she then looks back at her bestfriend.

 

“You know Tiff, Taeyeon loves you dearly so you don’t have to be so possessive towards her”,

 

Tiffany just look at her.

 

“Talk about yourself Jessi…you’re all over Yuri”,

“Eh…our case is nothing like yours so it’s okay. Anyway! Back to where I was saying, don’t be too possessive on her. Just let her be. You know…” Jessica answered back.

 

Just then, Yuri came back with their lemonade glass as she seats next to them.

 

“Oh? Who’s Taeng calling?” Yuri asked as she sips from her juice.

“Who knows, she’s been on that call for a while now”, Jessica answered.

 

The three of them observes Taeyeon as the latter is most likely having a hard time on her phone call. Just then, Taeyeon put her phone back to the pocket of her jeans and resumes to her cooking. She noticed that the three are eyeing her so she gave them a smile before waving back. The three waved and smiled back to her before resuming to their little conversation.

 

“Something’s up”, Yuri stated first.

“Work, maybe?” Jessica followed.

“But didn’t TaeTae already finish her work?” Tiffany asked, as Jessica and Yuri shrugs their shoulders not knowing that.

 

Tiffany once again looked at Taeyeon with a worried expression clearly showing on her petite face. Tiffany started to worry about her. She leaves the group as she joins her.

 

“Oh…Fany, don’t. The smoke will get in your eyes”, Taeyeon said as she fan the charcoal to keep it burning.

“It’s okay. I won’t”,

 

The two just stood there glancing over at the meat being cook as the other two stare at them with disbelief. Jessica just shook her head before diverting her eyes to somewhere else while Yuri just forced a smile to them before ignoring the two.

 

“So…who was it?” Tiffany asked.

“Who’s who?”

“The one that you called”,

“Ahh…that. I didn’t call them, they did”, Taeyeon answered back as she fix the charcoals.

“…so, what do they want?”

Taeyeon look at Tiffany before biting her lip, “Work calls”, she added.

“Ahh…”

 

Silence took over them after that answer as they continue on checking the meat. Just then Tiffany tugged Taeyeon’s shirt catching her attention.

 

“Eh? What is it Fany?”

“…”

“…ugh, Fany?”

“Don’t go”, Taeyeon’s eyes widen.

“W-what?” she asked Tiffany.

“Don’t leave…stay here…do your work some other time”,

“…o-okay”,

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany where too shy to look at each other’s eyes so they just stare at the innocent meat being cook in front of them. Tiffany’s hand was still tugged to Taeyeon’s shirt. She doesn’t want to let go.

 

The night passed so slow as the four of them enjoy their little outdoor dinner under the sky. The four enjoys the night as they talk about different things about their daily lives before everyone was gathered. Being the people who travelled almost around the world, Yuri and Jessica shares the most number of experiences.

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask…why do you like to travel so much? I mean, it’s a waste of money”, said Taeyeon.

“Travelling is a leisure time Taeyeon, if you didn’t know that…what we are doing now is travelling, well in some aspect, in fact. It seems work clouded your mind, mind dispersing them for once? Enjoy the moment will you?” Jessica coldly replied.

“Haha, you’re no fun Jessica. I was just asking”,

 

Jessica just shook her head as she took a bite on her food. After taking their dinner, they shove everything away as they enjoy the starry night sky while lying down the picnic mat they’ve prepared a while ago.

 

“This is my first time seeing this many stars in a still position, we’re like in outer space!” Yuri said as she acts like she’s grabbing the stars.

“Me too, didn’t know it would be this beautiful”, Jessica said.

“How about you guys? Is this your first time as well?” Yuri asked Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“It’s my second time”, Taeyeon said.

“Oh? When’s the first?” Jessica asked.

“The first? It’s when Tif—”

 

Tiffany quickly covered Taeyeon’s mouth as she tries to change the topic.

 

“Fany-ah, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked.

“Haha! Nothing Yuri-ah, the sky’s beautiful isn’t it?! Haha!”

“Tiff, what the heck are you doing to Taeyeon? Let her talk”, Jessica said as she seat up from the mat.

“Ahh…”

 

Taeyeon removed Tiffany’s hand that was covering .

 

“This was Fany’s birthday gift to me…it’s the best birthday gift I’ve ever received from her, so far”, Taeyeon answered the question. Tiffany madly blushed after hearing it causing her to cover up her entire face.

“EH!?” Yuri and Jessica shouted in disbelief.

“Tiff, you actually thought of that?! I didn’t know you have a vast imagination!” Jessica said.

“Haha, that’s so sweet. A thing perfect for Fany-ah to do”, Yuri followed suit having a smirk on her face.

“Shut up already! Argh!” Tiffany said quite irritated with her hands still covering her face.

 

The three just laugh at the cute expression Tiffany was showing them as they continue on stargazing while chatting over random things. But there was one thing that keeps bothering Taeyeon, it was her phone. She placed it on silent mode for her not to notice but the buzz keeps bugging her. She didn’t want to turn it off since it may be an emergency and some cases so she keeps it on. However, as the night goes by, the buzzing didn’t stop. It keeps on buzzing and buzzing and finally, Taeyeon decided to answer it.

 

“Excuse, just need to take this call. I’ll be quick”, Taeyeon then walked away from the group.

 

Tiffany’s sad expression came back.

 

“It’s okay Tiff, she’ll tell us what’s happening. Don’t worry. Just trust Taeyeon okay?” Jessica said as she comfort her bestfriend.

“That’s right Fany-ah. If Taeng ever cheated on you, I swear I’ll deal with her. But with today’s case, I don’t think it is about cheating. She never looked so worried”, Yuri said as she take a quick glance over at Taeyeon.

“I guess you’re right. I’ll just wait for her to open up. She’s a busy person after all”,

 

The three continued on their discussion without Taeyeon. The call is longer than Taeyeon could ever imagine. She glances over the group once in a while before going back to her call. It was Siwon, who was calling her. He is insisting Taeyeon to go back to work as soon as possible for some urgent matter. Taeyeon couldn’t answer him for she knew to herself that today was supposed to be her day with Tiffany, but she can’t. In the end, Taeyeon agreed on going back to work first thing in the morning. Bidding farewell to Siwon, she inserted her phone back to her pocket as she rejoins the group.

 

“So Taeng, who was that just now? You sure took your time”, Yuri asked as she munch on some chips.

“…ah, it was Siwon”,

 

The three stopped on whatever they are doing and are now looking at Taeyeon.

 

“He called? What for?” Jessica asked.

Before Taeyeon answered Jessica’s questions, she took a quick look at Tiffany. “Work matters”,

“Huh? But didn’t you say you’d already finished everything before setting this day?” Yuri asked.

“I did, I did. But Siwon insisted on me going back tomorrow, it’ll be good if it is first thing in the morning”, Taeyeon said as she hung her head low.

“You could’ve have said no”, Jessica stated.

“W-what?”

“You heard me. You could tell him you can’t, you’re booked. You’re busy. Besides, Miyoung and Hyoyeon are there right? Why not let them do the work for you?” Jessica retorted.

“…I”,

“Jessi! Stop bombarding TaeTae! She’s a busy person you know!” Tiffany suddenly joins the conversation.

 

Jessica looked at her with an annoyed expression as she stands from where she was seated.

 

“That is what I hate about your attitude Tiff. You don’t like these kinds of things but when it is Taeyeon on a pinch, you just let it happen. Why don’t you do something? Don’t just seat there just because you’re an international singer. You could lose your most precious possession. Don’t get me wrong Tiff, I’m just concern about you. Seobang, I’ll go on ahead”, Jessica said as she finally leaves the group before entering their tent.

 

Taeyeon remained speechless after what Jessica said. It is all true. She could just say no to him, but then, why can’t she?

 

Tiffany was shocked when Jessica told her those things…How can she do something when Taeyeon isn’t letting her? She could lose her most precious possession, this made her think deeply.

 

“Sorry about Jessica’s behavior today, she have her monthly period you see. But then again, she has a point. You two, try to think about it. Well then, I’ll be going on ahead. Don’t stay up to late, Taeng you need to go to work tomorrow”, Yuri said as she bid them goodnight.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were left outside as they stare into blank space. None of them utter a single word. What Jessica told them was the whole truth. Taeyeon stares at the fire of the beacon they made as she thinks about it.

 

“TaeTae”, Tiffany started.

“Yes?”

“Do you really have to…go?” she asked.

“…y-yes. I’m very sorry Fany. From the tone of Siwon’s voice I know that it’s not some kind of problem that can be solve for a day. I don’t know”, Taeyeon tried to explain.

 

Tiffany just bit her lip as she tries not to let her tears escape her now watery eyes.

 

“It’s okay TaeTae, I understand. It can’t be help. Things like this are inevitable”,

“But…”

“It’s okay, really. You should go tomorrow. We three will you until there. We could always set another day for this, right?” Tiffany said as she forces a smile.

“Fany…”

 

Tiffany just keep on smiling at Taeyeon as the she hung her head low not meeting Tiffany in the eyes. Just then, Tiffany stood up and Taeyeon followed suit. They both enter their separate tent as they lay down on each sides.

 

“Good night TaeTae”,

“G-good night…Fany”,

 

 

--

i'm very sorry for the long hiatus.. been busy with schools...

and now that school is over, back at updating this fanfic!

so what do you say? :D 

Christmas will be the day after tomorrow, omo! i can't wait! :D 

advance happy holidays guys ~