Two

Right Next To You

Few month passes and the day for their long awaited comeback getting closer. The girls are all spending time and moving back inside the dorm as it’ll be easier for them to go for their schedule and practice which always happen way too late at night or way too early at dawn.

They sat together as they reminisce the day that made who they are today and laughed on how silly they look before but in the same time proud with what they’ve gone through and achieve to be where they are today.

“Jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae!”

A sudden outburst of laugh echoed in the room. All 9 of them stole glances at each other and notice how they’ve grew up since that sentence was first used.

 “Yah..” The tipsy member suddenly voice out. “Do you remember that stage where you almost got kidnapped?” Sooyoung nudge Taeyeon with her elbow and continue laughing. “We were so scared back then....” The mood suddenly got calmer.

“Yeah... I remember.” Taeyeon replied softly.

“Luckily Sunny is with us...” Sooyoung said and chuckling by herself.

 “But now... Just look at both of you.... Tsktskkk.” Sooyoung shake her head slowly and take another sip of their so-maek bomb made by Sunny.

“SOO!” Hyoyeon hit her shoulder.

“Sooyoung unnie.. You’re drunk lets go to bed....” The maknae try to pulls Sooyoung up back into the room.

“ANiiyoooooooo. I’m not drunk yet........ There are still foods here...... And what I said is the truth! Look at this two danshin......” Sooyoung whines and points her fingers to the two members while trying to get herself off from Seohyun holds.

“Yah CHOI SOOYOUNG!” Yuri yells. Both her and Yoona gets up and help the maknae bringing in the drunk member into the room before making things worst than it already is.

It’s quiet.

No one dare to say anything.

Sunny look down staring at her glass filled with gassy bubbles from her drinks. She holds the glass tight in her hands and chug it down in a shot. All eyes on hers but they know she could handle the drink. In fact, she could handle a few glass more. A longing filled with guilt eyes took a glance at her and an obvious frown plastered on her face. She turns away quickly and grabs on Tiffany’s hand.

“Ppani-ah. I’m sleepy..... I’m going into the room first.”

“Ok... Sleep tight. I’m going to clean this mess first.” Tiffany said and pat on Taeyeon’s head before letting their hands go and watch the eldest disappear behind the closed door. Tiffany gets up and pick up a few empty plates and bring it into the kitchen. Hyoyeon offer to help and without waiting for answer already pick up the glasses left by her members.

“Sunny....”

“Hm?”

“Are you still going to keep drinking?”

“Mmm. Yeah.... It’s fine if you want to go first. No need to wait for me.”

“Ok... I’ll be inside my room.. Just yell my name if you need anything”

“Thanks Sica.”

“For what?”

“Being here with me...” A hint of sadness can be heard in her voice.

“I’ll be with you anywhere or anytime you want me to.” Jessica said give a peck on her forehead before walking herself to the room.

-------

She has been tearing her eyes out once she step inside the room but quickly trying to wipe it away when she heard the door opened.

“Fany-ah?” Her voice breaks a bit but quickly she cover it with a cough.

“Have you been crying?” She heard the voice. She turn herself around and look at the person who’s standing in front of the closed door.

“What are you doing here?” Her voice is strained.

“Talk to me... Or at least listen.” Sica retaliate with the same strain of voice.

“Why should I?”

“BECAUSE SUNNY MISSES YOU! THAT’S WHY!” she yells but still trying to control her volume. “I KNOW YOU HATED ME, FINE! I GET IT. BUT NOT SUNNY, NEITHER DOES SHE HATED YOU.” Jessica took a breath and sigh. “And I know you misses her too....”

Taeyeon just stare with wide eyes towards the younger girl. “Why are you telling me this?”

“It’s okay if you no longer want to acknowledge my presence. It’s okay if you are going to keep being angry at me. I’m sorry that it’s because of me that we turned out like this. But don’t let Sunny go.. You meant so much to her. More than what I was once meant to you...” Jessica turns around holds onto the doorknob but stopped halfway.

“And I bet she meant the same to you as you change so much after the fight with her. You were still laughing when it was our fight. But now, I hardly even see that ert grin of yours.”

Jessica shut the door close and leans on the wall as she cover her face with her hands and let a few drops of tears trickling down. She look into the dining hall and saw a lonely soul keep drinking her alcoholic beverage like there’s no tomorrow. “I misses both of you...”She whispers to the air.

 

 

FLASHBACK

It had been a few days since the last incident happen. She still remember how Sunny broke into tears after the fall and how she froze on her spot and let someone else sooth the girl. Her eyes follow every step the girl took before she disappears, before she excuses herself. Their schedule are over and somehow she could feel that it’d be the last time she’ll see the short girl mingling around her trying to cheer up her mood.

Because she’s too selfish to even care about other’s feel.

She watches how Sunny never turn to look or check on her anymore. The bed placed opposite of her own are now more than often emptied, barely occupied unless they have a heavy schedule that forced them to stick together in the dorm but even then Sunny would barely talk to her. Usually she’ll just smile a small smile before lying down and faces the wall.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

I LOVE YOU. I always have been.

I won’t blame you for not knowing it, heck I don’t think I want you to know and ruin us.

But..

It hurts me a little when you first came to me and admitted your feelings for Jessi but it’s okay, as long you happy.

As long you are happy, I am happy.

I won’t force or make you come to me. I’ll watch and smiles and acted as a friend that both of us deserved. I won’t burden you with my feelings.

I brought it upon myself.

But it hurts me more to see you hurting, it hurts me more to see a frown Taengoo dazing out alone.

I guess...

I’m settling with hurts for you.

But...

I’m too fragile now. Accepting hurts too much that I can’t shield myself from broken. That fall feels like a glass vase fell hard on the floor.

Broken to pieces.

Not sure if there’s a glue exist to mends it back together.

 


well..... just because.

^^