Nine

Right Next To You

Sunny’s birthday.

“Let’s hangout together...”

“Hyomin-aahh. I’m sorry. I already have plan with the members..”

“But... I want to celebrate your birthday...” Hyomin whines

“I’ll make some time for you later. I’m sorry...”

“Fine...”

“I’m sorry...”

“I’ll hang up now..”

“Okay b----” Sunny didn’t get to finish her sentence when the line went dead. She frowns.

Unknowingly, there’s a pair of ears eavesdropping on their conversation and grin widely as if she just won a battle.

--------

“Happy birthday unnie!!!!!” The two youngest scream as they brought in the cake.

They reserved a place for 9 of them to celebrate. Sunny laugh out loud as she saw another crazy pair walking behind dancing suddenly.

“Yah Hyo! Soo! You guys are idol yahhhh!” Sunny yells playfully.

Bottles of champagne, cakes and generous amount of food are present on the table. Sunny sat next to Taeyeon and Jessica on the other side.

Sunny laugh again when she notice Taeyeon slowly turns red after drinking few glasses of the alcoholic beverage.

“Happy birthday Soonkyu!!” Taeyeon yells as she chug down another glass of champagne.

The room is noisy with everyone talking on the same time and take a peek on her watch and realize it has been hours since they started celebrating.

“Guys.... Want to go home now? It’s late.... And most of you are drunk.” Sunny ask softly.

“I’m not drunk.” Taeyeon said.

“You are Tae...Very.” Taeyeon pouts at her reply.

“Seo.... I know you are sleepy. But help me with these drunkard first. Then we go home. Okay?” The maknae nodded and call their manager to come and take them home.

--------

“Goodnight Seo. Thank you.” Sunny peck on Seohyun’s cheek before letting the maknae off to her room. Since most of them fell asleep and refuse to wake up after they arrive Sunny, Seohyun and their manager needs to carry them up.

And the result, they lay all the drunks out in the living room, together.

Sunny get inside every room and bring out every blanket for each member and cover them with it.

“Good night kids, thank you.” Sunny peppering them with a kiss on their forehead before carrying Taeyeon who’s still half awake with her into their room.

“Why are we not celebrating anymoreeee?” Taeyeon slurs.

“It’s late. You want to change yourself or want me to help you?” Sunny ask as she change into her pyjamas.

“HELP MEEE!”

“Yah quiet. It’s late.” Sunny laugh.

Sunny brought a new pair of clothes and put it next to Taeyeon who sat on the bed lazily.

“Take off your shirt.”

“You do it. I’m lazy.”

“Yahhh. Today supposed to be my birthday celebration why am I turning into a baby sitter instead?” Sunny says and pull the shirt off Taeyeon.

“I like you.” Taeyeon says as she let Sunny strip herself out of her stinky clothes.

“I know. I like you too.”

Just went Sunny try to the jeans Taeyeon suddenly gets up and ran to the toilet and vomit everything out. Sunny squatted down next to her and patted her back and help Taeyeon to clean up.

“Feel better?”

“Ughh. Much..” Taeyeon sounded a little more sober.

“Here, wipe your face.” Sunny hands a wet towel to Taeyeon. She reach and their hands touches and Taeyeon holds it.

Both of them look down at their hands. Taeyeon look directly into Sunny’s eyes and squeeze her hand softly.

“Your hand is soft...”

“Yours as well...”

“Sunny..... I." She pauses.

"Why?"

"I... I don’t think I’m sober enough. Let’s just sleep.” Taeyeon said and pull her hands away and walk out from the room.

“Is something wrong, Taeyeon?”

“No... I’m sleepy. I think the hangover kicks in.”

“Oh... Need anything?”

“No.. I’ll just sleep.” Taeyeon lie down and let her back to face Sunny instead.

She knows she almost blurt out her feelings.

But her lack of courage stops what her heart telling her to do.

She's nervous.

Scared.

 


the end. almost.

heh.

thank you!! 

^^