Four

Right Next To You

All 9 of them seated inside the booth inside the recording hall waiting for the shows they’re invited in to start.

“They are now halfway to 50 years old....” The girls scream hearing how the MC just introducing them to the audience. They laugh.

Once again, the three of them are seated next to each other but this time Sunny decides to sit in the middle between Jessica and Taeyeon. The show started off right away with the MCs trying to dig their scandal and dating experiences but knowing to well how to handle the questions they succeeded in dodging on giving proper answer.

It has been a while since they last became a guest in such fun, relaxing shows that’ll make them laugh heartily to tears. Like what just happened to Taeyeon.

Sunny stole a glance. Deep inside, she’s doubtful with the tears that fell on Taeyeon’s cheek. She acts normal and laugh along as the MCs continue making an attack towards them.

Sunny then was asked to show her infamous aegyo to the camera and once again all of them broke into laughter. Sunny teased Jessica on her modest aegyo and unintentionally hurts Taeyeon some more.

As hours passed, the shows almost come to an end and the MCs asked the member to say anything to the member who’s on their side. Hyoyeon quickly took that chance and volunteer first as she knows now the members who are having a cold war will be forced to talk to each other.

Jessica then proceed to ask Sunny to lessen her alcohol beverage consumption as she know the girl have been quite a drinker nowadays especially after her fight with Taeyeon.

The whole time she was nervous, thinking on what should she said or how hoping it wouldn’t make things worst between them. She took a deep breath and turn to look at Taeyeon.

“To Taeyeon, I hope you would stop making yourself more depressed.” Taeyeon was a bit nervous herself as she also didn’t know what to expect coming out from the younger girl’s mouth.

“I wish you would stop listening to sad songs and making yourself felt more sad.” Sunny chuckled trying to get rid the lumps in .

“From now on, when you’re feeling sad.. Come to me, and I’ll sing a fun song and do cute things for you..” Sunny said sincerely.

“Ne, unnie.” Taeyeon said as she caress Sunny’s cheek in which, surprises Sunny but still manage to act normal and hides all her feelings.

----------

It was already so late at night when their filming finally ended and they rode the car in silence.

Sunny turn her head and watch the eldest on the other side. She watches as the eldest stay frozen with her earphone on and eyes close, probably sleeping.

Sunny slowly slide out from her seat and move to sit on the empty space right next to Taeyeon. Hyoyeon who was busy texting at the backseat look up in silent as she watch the danshin make an attempt to get better, unknowingly, a smile crept on her face.

Taeyeon open her eyes when she felt a weight occupying the empty seat next to her and surprised to see the face, the smile she has been longing for. They stare at each other for a while before Taeyeon felt a soft pull on her right hands and Sunny put their palms together, holding it tightly. Sunny leans back on the seat and sigh of relief before closing her eyes.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon can’t seem to take her eyes off from their tangled fingers, her eyes fulls of worry.

Worried that Sunny might let go.

---------

Sunny open her eyes when she felt the van stopping. She look around and notice they already arrive in front of their dorm, but noticed the weight on her left shoulder when she try to gets up and the tight grip on her hands. She looks to her side and see Taeyeon already fell asleep on her shoulder. She calls the girl softly and she’s awake.

“Tae, come. We’ve arrived.” Sunny said softly and pull the girl with her to leave the van.

She leads the way and Taeyeon awkwardly follows.

Unknowingly to the oblivious two, their act was watch by their members as Hyoyeon already gave a heads up to the other six by texting them to not disturb the two and let both of them to have their time. Once they make sure Sunny and Taeyeon already went up, the girls get out from the van and broke onto laughter.

“They are so awkward!” Hyoyeon laugh.

“Yah.. It’s better than nothing. This is the worst they have ever fought with each other.” Yuri said.

“Yeah.. They misses each other’s a lot.” Yoona agrees and smiles.

“Yah kids! Go up and sleep. You’ll only have schedule in the evening so have a good rest and don’t go disturb that both danshin. Let them get better on their own. Arraso?”

“Ne oppa! Kamsahamnidaaaa.” The seven girls thanked their managers and bows before goofing off while going up to their dorm but all gone quiet and went to their own respective room as to not cause a chaotic moment to both who just come to a better term with each other, the Dandyu.

--------

“Sunny-ah...” Taeyeon called softly once they are behind the close door in their room.

Sunny stop pulling Taeyeon’s hands and stop walking. She let go of their hands and turn around to look at Taeyeon.

“Don’t let go...” Taeyeon said and pull Sunny’s hand back onto her own and hold it tight. It’s now Sunny’s turn to stare at their tangled fingers, then she look up and look at Taeyeon.

“I won’t. I promise.”

Sunny step closer to the eldest and leans her head and give a soft peck on Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon use that chance to snake her arms on Sunny’s waist and give her best friend a hug. The hug that both of them have missed. They stay hugging for quite some time before Sunny realized that Taeyeon had already fell asleep while using their hug for support.

“Yah.... Are you that sleepy Taengoo?” She chuckled and pulls the sleeping girl with all her might to the bed.

---------

It's morning.

Sunny shifted in her sleep and stretch her muscle as she started to wake up only to realize there’s a weight preventing her from moving. She look to her side and see a sleeping girl snuggles and her hands wrap tightly on her waist.

She smile and move on her side slowly to face the sleeping girl.

She caresses her cheeks and move a few strands of hair messing on Taeyeon’s face.

 

If best friend is the only thing that can get you to stay by my side, then be it.

I’ll be your best friend forever.

 


 

i actually did the nameless POV on purpose.

just so it'll be more fun to guess. 

prolly not. lol

but I do give hints to who it is in their flashback or something.

but it's okay there'll be less to none unknown POV in the upcoming chapter. :)

and anyway,

thaaaaaank you guys. 

^^