Eight

Right Next To You

Taeyeon wakes up to no one on her side. She sit up and look around the room to find a certain danshin. She walk out of the room but she finds the dorm is a bit too quiet for her liking.

“Girrlllllsssss!” She yells out loud.

Nothing.

“Is there no one here? Where are they.......?” Taeyeon mumbles. She decides to go check the member’s room on her own.

After opening several empty room finally she found her member.

“Sica.. Wake up..” She calls. She walk inside the room and shake the sleeping figure’s body roughly.

“Yahh. Ice princess! Wake upppp!” She says out loud.

“Five more minuteeee......” The sleepy girl whines and pull her blanket back up on her face.

“Fine..” Taeyeon slump herself on the bed next to Jessica. “You better wake up after five minutes..”

Taeyeon look around the room. It has been a while since she last enter the room for more than a minute just because it’s Jessica's.

Lots of frames are hanged on the wall. She gets up to see each of it clearly.

Her parents, Krystal, their group, Sunny and Jessica picture while they are playing around then Tiffany. Her feet stop walking and stare at the last frame.

It was her and Jessica’s picture during their debut. Both of them were hugging tightly and all smiles.

“Tae?”

“Hey..... Jess, you are awake..”

“Yeah... Morning. What are you doing here?”

“Oh. I’m sorry.. I was waking you up but you said five more minutes so I take a look around.. I’m sorry if you feel uncomfortable..”

“Naahh. It’s okay.. Every member are allowed to be in my room any time of the day...”

“It has been a while....”

“What?”

“I came in here...”

“Ohhhh..... Yeah.”

“Hmm. Jess! I almost forgot... Where are the others?”

“Why?” Jessica stands up heading to the bathroom but stopped halfway.

“Because just both of us left in the dorm today... Does everyone have their schedule?”

“Really? I don’t think any of us has schedule for these few days... Manager oppa said we have some free time for ourselves...”

“Oh...... Then they just left us here without saying anything..”

“Lets call them later... But first, I need to do some toilet duty....” 

“Yah.. You go do that. I’ll wait outside.” Taeyeon laugh.

----------

“I’m hungry......” Jessica said as she walk out of her room.

“Me too..”

“Let me cook something for us then..”

“What? You?”

“Yes. Why? You could help me too.”

“No no no... Both of us are handicapped in that area and there will be none of the member to save us if something turns out wrong..... Lets go eat breakfast outside.”

“Pshhh. I think I could still do a good job though.” Jessica pouts.

“No.. I don’t want our members to come home to a burnt apartment. Come. lets go out.”

“Okay... Let’s shower first..”

“Okaay...”

 

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon grab her phone when she heard it’s beeping signalling a message just arrive after she walk out from Jessica’s room.

Taengoo-yahh! The members and I all go out to play today but both of you and Jessica seems to be dead asleep so we just leave you guys. So be nice and try to have fun together, okay? It has been a while since it’s just between the both of you in the dorm. So take care. Have fun! We’ll come back later in evening.

And go eat! Don’t starve yourself. Take care of Jessi too. –Sunny

“Yah... Why don’t you just say you want me to spend time with Jessica today....” Taeyeon mumbles to her phone.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

---------

 

“You know... You are weird today.”

“Why?”

“You are talking to me... Like a lot.”

“Jess...”

“Hey.. I was just playing. No need to look so beat up.”

“We never really talk about this, don’t we?”

“Um.. Yeah.”

“I’m sorry. I did hurt you a lot.”

“It’s okay. I was wrong too. I shouldn’t have been so emotional and say those words. I’m sorry too.”

“Truce?” Taeyeon holds out her hands.

“Truce!” Jessica grabs Taeyeon’s hand and pulls her close for a hug. “Don’t ignore me again...”

“I'll think about it.”

"What?!"

"Kidding... I miss hanging out with you like this..."

"Me too..."

After having their brunch the duo decides to go back home and enjoy their time together watching movie.

----

“Girls, I’ll go back to the dorm first and see how it goes with both of them. Continue having fun ok?”

“Yeah... Take care.”

Sunny stop at a shop and buy some snack for both girls they had left at home while they are out having fun.

Sunny quietly enter the dorm and notice the noise. She tiptoed inside and peek her head and saw Jessica and Taeyeon sitting side by side laughing at the movie.

She stood there quietly peeping on her bestfriend and the girl she love. A smile formed. She chuckled.

With the way they are now, how did they even manage to ignore each other for so long.....

Sunny chuckled.

“Kids....!” She raise the plastic bag filled with snack surprising the two.

“Yah... I didn’t hear you come in.”

“How long were you here?

“I’m ninja!!! And I’ve been here long enough...” Sunny smiles. “LET’S EAATTTT! I’m hungry....”

“Yahhh. I thought you were buying this for us....”

“I did! Uh, I mean I am. But... I’m hungry toooo. The kids were busy playing they don’t even care about eating.” Sunny pouts as she rubs her tummy.

“Even with those shikshins around? Wow..” Jessica laugh.

“Come we still have some more food.”

“You guys cooked?”

“Almost. But Taeyeon won’t let me.. She said no one will be here to save us.” Jessica pouts. Sunny’s laugh heartily listening how both her bestfriends playfully bickering with each other again. 

Sunny grabs both their arm and pulls them into a group hug.

“This is so nice....”.