Three

Right Next To You

It’s the girl’s comeback day.

All nine of them have gather together in the living room in their dorm to watch their comeback showcase that was filmed few days before their comeback day.  They brought all foods and drinks and sit close to each other and giggling like a bunch of teenagers while waiting for it to starts.

Taeyeon sat next to Tiffany while Jessica and Sunny doesn’t seems to be separable nowadays. Both of them sitting on the floor while leaning on each other for support.

And a pair of eyes sadly watches the scene as she knows she no longer have the right to get in between those two.

 

 

FLASHBACK

“Heyy.. KIDSSS!!!!” Sooyoung yells once she steps inside their practice room in the company.

“What are you planning to perform as we got a stage either to perform solo or in group..” She smiles widely remembering what her manager had told her.

Yoona quietly approaching Sooyoung from behind asking her to be teammates while the other sitting and quietly and thinks on what they wanted to do. Unknowingly, Sunny glance up to Taeyeon direction and saw her also in daze. They always wanted to perform together just both of them before.

She knows that the plan should’ve been forgotten now. Jessica then lean her head on Sunny’s shoulders as she thought of a song to performances.

“I’m going to sing Someday...” Jessica said softly.

“I don’t know if I want to perform......” Sunny heaved a heavy sigh. “I can’t even think of anything.” She stole a glance at Taeyeon direction again seeing her talking with Tiffany, like she always did nowadays.

“You should... Just have fun.” The taller one said and patted her back.

“Maybe. I don’t know.”

“It’s okay.. We still have some time, just think about it first. Or maybe just ask the other kids if you can join them.. Fans must’ve wanted to see you too.”

“Yeah... Thanks Sica... Good luck with your performance.”

“I’ll try.... Cheer up Soonkyu!”

“Yah... Don’t call me Soonkyu!” She playfully hit Jessica’s hands and their giggle doesn’t go unnoticed to a pair of eyes watching them from across the room.

“I love you Sunny....” Sica said while trying to hold her laughter as she keeps teasing Sunny.

“I love you too... Thank you.” Sunny said and lean her head on top of Jessica’s on her shoulder.

---------

“Why you don’t want to do your own solo, Taeyeon? We all know you could!” Tiffany ask in disbelieved after she listened to what Taeyeon had told her.

“I know I could... But I don’t want to.. So lets just do our duet and get it over with, okay?” Taeyeon said, pissed off. She kinds of getting irritated with everyone after they keep bugging her when she said she doesn’t want to do solo for their comeback show.

“Taeng.... Sunny already formed a group with those two kids..”

“Still.....” She glance up to Sunny.

“Whatever floats your boat Taeng, whatever floats your boat.” Tiffany said those words softly before walking out from the room.

She floats my boat...... But I row it to the iceberg. She thoughts alone as she watch Tiffany walk out and leave her alone in the room.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

They are watching in silence as they watched Jessica performs Someday.

Taeyeon took a glance to the singer who sits on the other side with Sunny. They watch the girls smiling and laughing while watching them perform on tv. She didn’t know how long she’s been staring because now it was her and Tiffany’s turn to sing. She noticed Sunny's now sitting up straight looking intently at the tv screen.

Is that the only way we could look at each other now, Sunny?

“Sunny-ah where are you going?” Jessica asked when Sunny abruptly gets up in the middle of the show.

“Uh.. Toilet.... I’ll come back.” Sunny said softly without even looking back. Taeyeon could see from behind that Sunny is wiping her face with the back of her hands.

Are you crying? Taeyeon wonder.

---------

They are scheduled to guest on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook that day. Both Sunny and Taeyeon were push to ride on the same car by their manager. Sunny noticed how Taeyeon keeps shutting down her world whenever they aren’t filming these days by listening to songs, and knowing Taeyeon for years this is not a good sign.

She chose to sit on the same row with Taeyeon but on the opposite side as she scares that Taeyeon might get angry with her. Sunny took the time when Taeyeon has fallen asleep to look at her best friend.

 The one she has badly misses.

Scares are what stopping her from tackling down the kid leader and snuggles with her.

Scared to be pushed away again is what keeping her at distance.

After performing ‘I Got A Boy’ and ‘Dancing Queen’ they were told to sit based on age and the eldest will sit on the first row that makes Taeyeon, Jessica and Sunny to be seated together right next to each other. Jessica braving herself to hold and patted Taeyeon once in a while and show her that she’s there and she cares eventhough Taeyeon could barely hide the awkwardness everytime she felt her touch.

The MC starts with talks with the members before continuing to Bingo game they had planned with two lucky fans. The first statement was clearly a joke to get on the girl’s reaction and everyone burst out in laughter. Then the MC proceeded to state a statement to bring out the truth from the girls.

“I am lonely to death.” He said, few of the girls chuckled at how ridiculous it sounds and he starts the count.

“1, 2, 3!”

Taeyeon stands up.

“Taeyeon-ah..” The name slipped out of , and so much easier than she had thought as Jessica was surprised to see Taeyeon admitting what she felt.

Meanwhile, Sunny briefly take a look at Taeyeon and something tugs one her little heartstring and she forced herself to keep smiling. To see Taeyeon admitting her feelings publicly like that means, Taeyeon must’ve felt it a lot and she knows she’s partly to blame.

She took another looks towards Taeyeon who turned red in embarrassment as she didn’t expect it’d be only her who stood up.

 

I’ll get rid of this silent thing between us.

I’ll brave myself once again for you.

So please... Taeyeon.

Let me be by your side this time.