Five

Right Next To You

Taeyeon stirs in her sleep as she can feel movement around her and on her face. She peeks her surrounding with one eye and can’t help to smile.

“Sunny....” She snuggles closer. “I miss this..”

“We can sleep like this everyday...”

“Let’s combine our bed and just sleep next to each other..”

“Sure... We’ll do that later.” Sunny laugh seeing how clingy Taeyeon has become.

“I’m sorry.....” Taeyeon said out of the blue.

“Why? Tae......”

“I pushed you.. I didn’t mean it.... I know I hurt you... I know I shouldn’t act like I deserve to be your best friend but.....” Sunny give a tight hug shutting up the kid leader.

“Shhhh. I know... I’m sorry too... I was harsh. You and I deserve each other and I miss you, I don’t want to not talking to you so let’s forget what had happen. Okay?” Taeyeon was crying and let herself being hug.

“I love you Kim Taeyeon.. So don’t worry..”

--------

The dining room is noisy with seven girls together having their breakfast while chatting up with each other on the same time.

“Yahhh...... You guys don’t even call us for breakfast?!” Sunny’s voice suddenly echoed through the room when she realizes all her member already halfway munching on their food.

“On our defence, it’s because we don’t want to disturb you guys. It’s been a while after all but don’t worry, we already save some of the food for both of you danshin.” Hyoyeon said with a smirk.

“Whaa-- How did you guys know?”

“Well.. You weren’t being so subtle when you change your seat to Taeyeon’s side last night...”

“You guys are hopeless...” Sunny laugh but she turns around when she heard footsteps coming towards her and she saw that genuine dorky smile that has been gone for quite some time.

She held her hands out and waits for Taeyeon to reach it before pulling the eldest toward their seat at the table.

“Kids raise your glass! Today’s a happy day and may it last forever!” Sooyoung yells and makes all the members cheers with their glass filled with juice and milk. All of them break onto laughter with how silly it seems.

-----------

They are hanging out in the dorm and Taeyeon was laughing while talking to Sunny until Sunny went inside the room.

“You’re in love....” Yuri says out of the blue after spying on the two talking and reacting to each other the whole night.

“What?” Taeyeon laugh. “With who?”

“Sunny.”

“Well.. I do love her, she’s my bestfriend.” She denies. “What makes you said that?”

“Well... I know you confessed to Jessica and things didn’t work out and you guys fought too but, you still laughing, and a byuntae. The only one affected at that time was Jessica.  But clearly, it’s different when it comes to Sunny. Everything that defines you almost gone during your fight with her.” Taeyeon forced a laugh and Yuri smirk noticing her change.

“You and your ridiculous idea...” Taeyeon avoids meeting their eyes.

“I’m just saying.. And I’m glad seeing the byuntaeyeon back in action again.” Yuri smile and gets up.

“Yah.. Where are you going?”

“It’s late, I’m already feeling sleepy. Goodnight..”

“Oh, night..”

“Give yourself another chance Tae..” Yul patted the leader head a few times before heading to her room.

Taeyeon grew quiet. She thought about it for quite some time until she heard Sunny call her to get inside the room sleep since it’s already so late and they have spent so much energy during their schedule in the evening.

----------

Taeyeon smiles as she sees the sleeping face next to her. They’ve been sleeping together ever since that night where Sunny approached her in the van on their way back to the dorm.

All of sudden the talks she had with Yuri and and what Jessica had said to her few weeks ago flooded in her mind.

She stares at the lying figure next to her.

“What if I really fell for you Sunny..? What should I do..” She whispers.

Taeyeon thoughts are interrupted when she heard few knocks on the door from the girls calling her and Sunny for breakfast, but since they have no schedule, she let the younger girl to sleep some more. She gets up and left the room.

Slowly, when she heard the click from the door, she opens her eyes and stares at the empty space next to her.

“Then you should tell me....” She whispers alone.

Somehow she can’t help but to smile as she knows there’s a chance for her and Taeyeon to be more than what they are. But then, clouds of doubt shades her happy thoughts.

Frown again.

 A growling sound from her stomach pulls her back to reality. She stretches herself and put on her pyjama pants before heading out to find something to eat.

Sunny smiles when she sees all eight members already seated and making a lot of noise in the dining room. She goes to each members and kiss them on the head and Taeyeon looking up at her with a hopeful smile when it’s her turn but instead of a kiss all she got is few pats on the head by Sunny.

 

“Yah.........” Her hoping smile is gone. She whines.

“Why..... I’m hungry.”

“Fine..... Tsk. Eat.”

 


 

Few more left. 

Dun dun dunnn~

THANK YOU!

^^