Seven

Right Next To You

“Did you guys see that??” Yuri said amazed.

“What?” Sooyoung ask nonchalant.

“They freaking kissed! Right in front of me.”

“Oh please... All of us saw it too..”Everyone nodded.

“You guys did?”

“It’s Brad Pitt movie we’re watching... Obviously there’ll be a kissing scene. Duh.” Sooyoung said while her eyes glued onto the screen. The rest of the member simultaneously nodding again.

“Guys!” Yuri grab the remote and pause the movie.

“YAAAH! This is the best part...” Tiffany whines.

“I wasn’t talking about the movie....”

“Then?” Hyoyeon ask.

“Taeyeon and Sunny.”

“WHAT?!” All of them scream. Yuri gives a few nod.

“How?” “When?” “Where?”The girls are all bombarding Yuri with questions.

“Just now.... Right next to us.” It’s Yuri turn to answers nonchalant and continue to play the movie.

“What... Unnie did it with all of us around?” Seohyun’s suddenly talks. “That’s not nice...” The members burst in laughter.

“Maknae.. It’s okay... It wasn’t a real kiss. I think it was an accident.”

“How do you know?”

“I think Sunny was aiming to peck on Taeyeon’s cheek but suddenly she turns then... BAM!”

“Really? Wow that must be awkward....” Yoona said. The rest just nodded.

“But.. YUL! Are you spying on them?! Why you know all these things?”

“I can’t help. I thought they were fighting again.. I guess I was wrong. But they look so cute.. HEHEHEE...” Yuri said and makes an innocent face.

“Just don’t say anything to them.. Pretend we didn’t know anything.. They might feel more awkward later. Arraso?” Jessica suddenly interrupted.

“Yess!!” The members answers.

------------

“Taeyeon-ahh...” Sunny sit next to Taeyeon on the bed.

“Sunny..”

“Are you mad at me?”

“No...”

“Then?”

“I shouldn’t have kissed you... I.. I.. I don’t know what came onto me..” Taeyeon try to cover up as she scared what she’ve done might ruin their friendship.

“No... I was the wrong one.... I shouldn’t..”

“It’s okay... Let’s just forget about what happen okay?”

“Ah.. Ye-yeahh... Okay..” Sunny replies trying hard to hide the hurt she felt. “I’ll just go back out.. You sleep first.” Sunny said and left.

“O.. kay.”

-------

Taeyeon and Sunny push and pull antics has been going on for over few months now but nothing is change because neither of them have the guts to confessed and risk the friendship they have.

Taeyeon has been eyeing Sunny ever since they woken up this morning. She felt weird how this usually lifeless bunny suddenly become so hyper, hopping around the dorm, humming some songs while getting ready for their schedule.

“What is wrong with her?” Taeyeon ask to the member who just walk inside the living room without looking to which member is it.

“It’s the Dream Concert.” Taeyeon moves her attention towards the owner of the voice, Jessica.

“O-oh.. Hi Jess...”

“You thought it was someone else didn’t you?”

“Um.. Yeah... Sorry.” Although it’s awkward but Taeyeon has been making an effort to talk and befriend with Jessica.

“It’s okay....” Jessica smiles and sit a seat away from Taeyeon.

“But what’s with the Dream Concert?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hyomin’s there..” Jessica said nonchalantly.

“Ooo.. Hyo—WHAT?!” Taeyeon accidently being loud as the situation dawn in her.

“What’s wrong Taeyeon?” Sunny ask as she heard Taeyeon’s scream.

“Uh... Nothing. Go, continue what you were doing.” Frown, that’s the perfect word to describe Taeyeon’s expression right now.

“Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?” Jessica shrug her shoulders as Sunny is looking at her hoping for an answer.

“Nothing.... You did nothing.. I’m just tired I think..”

“Oh.... Fine then. Go take some rest first, we still have some time before our schedule starts..”

“Yeah.... Have fun..” Taeyeon said and left to the room.

“Yah.. What’s wrong with her? Did you guys fought again?” Sunny ask Jessica as she knows something is wrong with her bestfriend.

“Hyomin, perhaps....”

“What? What does she have to do with this?”

“Well she’s wondering why you are so happy and hyper today.... And only Hyomin comes to my mind since it has been a while both of you get to meet each other.”

“Jesss..... Ugh.”

“So am I correct?”

“Partly, yeah. But Jessss.........”

“What????”

“Uh... Nothing.”

“What’s wrong with you people?” She asked she watch Sunny walk into the kitchen.

----------

The concert has begun and Sunny notice how Taeyeon hasn’t been sticking to her unlike any other day.

She hangs out in the waiting room on her own while waiting for their turn to perform. The rest of the members are busy getting ready, eat and chatting up within themselves. Her eye turns bright when she heard Hyomin’s voice through the speaker and quickly turns on the monitor to watch the group performance.

“Hyomin unnie group's turn?” Seohyun come and sit next to her unnie.

“Yeah...” She said excitedly. “Their new song sounds so catchy..”

“Yes it is... It’s been a while since you last met her, right?” Sunny nodded silently and continue focusing to the screen. Unknowingly to her, another pair of eyes watching her staring at the monitor intently.

“Tae.. Are you okay?” Tiffany ask as she sat next to  Taeyeon. Sunny heard the question and turn to look at her best friend who’s looking at her. Both of them look at each other for a brief moment before Taeyeon turns away and to talk with Tiffany.

Sunny turns back and slump herself on the seat.

-------------

It’s finally the end of the concert all group gather together on the stage and Sunny running with the members to find their spot and start dancing and playing around. Sunny look around and catch a glimpse of the person she has been look forward to see.

But before she manages to reach her destination, Eunjung was first to run up and engulf her in a hug. They are jumping briefly in happiness and Eunjung softly whispers and points her to another figure.

Her folding screen.

The one who had helped her gain confidence more and make her laugh everytime they met.

Sunny ran up but once again interrupted by Jiyeon who’s also pulling her into a hug. She only manage to briefly hold Hyomin’s hands and talk before they were ask to line up for the ending bows.

Sunny quickly run behind Hyomin and sneakily stands next to her. She smiles as they continue talking and enjoying their brief meeting. Sunny completely absorb in her world and forgetting a pair of eyes who has been following her movement ever since they came out from the stage.

Finally, the concert ended and Sunny continue to walk side by side and her old habit come out of excitement. She patted Hyomin’s a few times but both of them just laugh it off as they are used to it. They bid goodbye as both group need to change and go back to rest.

Sunny follows Taeyeon and getting inside the same car but Taeyeon purposely sit next to the maknae leaving Sunny to sit on her own. Sunny stole a glance at her only to meet with a glare.

Sunny pouts.

---------

They arrive in the dorm and everyone just going inside their own respective room and Sunny watch as Taeyeon ignoring her.

Sunny shut the door softly and leans on it.

“What did I do now?”

“Huh? What?”

“Why are you ignoring me today?”

“I’m not.”

“Seriously Taeng? Are you really going to deny it now?”

“Fine, it’s nothing ok. I wasn’t in a good mood that’s all...”

Sunny froze in her spot, trying to figure out what she’s supposed to do.

“So can we all go to sleep now?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry. You sleep first.” Sunny said and turn the door knob.

“Where are you going?”

“Just outside... I don’t think I could sleep now. Night.”

“Sunny......” Taeyeon call softly.

“WHAT?!” her voice came out louder than she intended and she regretting it as she saw the kid leader’s gloomy expression. “I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to yell.” Sunny said still standing at the door frame.

“I know.... I’m sorry for disturbing you too..... Just please, come back inside and sleep here later when you’re done with your stuff outside.. Ok?” Taeyeon try to hide her frown but fails as Sunny smile at the cuteness.

Heart melts.

“I change my mind.” Sunny said and shut the door. “Let’s sleep.” She slid herself on the bed right next to Taeyeon. Both of them lie down quietly as both of them suddenly feel awkward but Sunny initiated the first move.

She turns on her side and look at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon...” She call and Taeyeon quickly copy her action and turn on her side.

“Hm?”

“I love you....”

“And I love you too.....”

Both of them once again go quiet but this time, they let their eyes do the talking. They stare at each other without breaking an eye contact even for a second.

Both of them jump when the phone suddenly ringing. Sunny quickly turns around and grab her phone on the bedside table..

“Hello...?”

“Sunny bunnnnnyyyyyy..” She heard the scream from the person on the other line. Sunny took her phone away from her ear and check the caller ID.

“Yah.. Hyomin?”

“NEeee.. HEehehehee”

“What’s wrong with you pabo? Are you drunk?”

“Heehehe. Yeeppp.”

“Yah. We're just finish the concert, how could you go drinking instead of resting?”

“The members wanted to.. Are you sleeping?”

“Almost.. You disturb me, pabo.”

“Stop calling me pabo.. you, pabo...”

“Yahh!”

“Hehehe sorryyyy.... I miss you Sunny-ahhh”

“I know... You told me so many times already..”

“But you never reply me.... Tell me.” Sunny turn around and take a look at Taeyeon who seem to already fell asleep.

“I miss you, okay? I’m happy that I got to see you after a while but still, it’s already late. Go home.”

“Heeheheehehe.... I want to see you..”

“Hyomin. Go home please..”

“Arraso.. Arrasoo..... Good night.”

“Night.” Sunny sigh and hung up the phone. She turn around and surprise to see Taeyeon is sitting on the bed supporting her head with her hands while staring at her.

 “Yah! Why are you looking like that??” Sunny almost fell off the bed, surprised.

“Sleep.” Taeyeon said and point her finger back and forth from her and the bed.

“So scary. Fine fine... I’ll sleep. Come.”

 


^^