Chapter 17

Lousy Love

*Kathy*
 

 

It was the day of the first end of the year music festival. Today was the 2013 SBS Gayo Daejun performance. Heejoo had gotten me a pass for their performances. It was 4 am already and I had agreed with Heejoo that I would go to the dorm at 4:30. I quickly got ready and headed to the dorm. I was at the door and knocked but no one came. I knocked for five minutes and still no one answered the door. Did they leave already? No Heejoo would have told me. I kept knocking and finally I heard the lock undone and the door slowly open. A sleepy Namjoon suddenly popped up from behind the door and was slowly adjusting to the darkness. He slowly ruffled his hair and gave me a weak smile which caused butterflies in my stomach. Being this close to him will never get old.
"Hi oppa." I said trying not to sound nervous.
"Hey Kathy. What's up why are you here so early?" He asked sounding sleepy.
"Please don't tell me you guys haven't woken up. Namjoon you guys have to be at the company by 6." I said a little panicked.
He all of a sudden widened his eyes and panicked too.
". Come inside let's wake everyone up." He said letting me in.
As I was taking my shoes off Namjoon closed the door.
"Seriously what time did you guys go to sleep?" I asked a little frustrated.
"Like 2 hours ago." He said looking down.
"Namjoon!" I yelled at him and shook my head at him.
"Hey hey I'm still oppa so don't yell alright missy." He said and winked at me.
"Sorry." I said and bowed to him.
As he was about to say something we heard a loud horn sound coming from the hallway. We both ran to the hallway and as we turned the corner we saw Heejoo coming out of the guys’ room.
"What was that?" I asked her.
She looked at us and smiled then pulled out a bullhorn from behind her and started to laugh.
"I had to wake them up one way or another." She said and then walked towards us. "Oppa hurry up and get ready the managers said they will come for us at 5:30 and to not worry about breakfast, they will buy us." She said and then grabbed my hand and took me up stairs.
"Where did you get that Heejoo?" I asked her still scared.
"I always had it with me. Now help me pack my backpack yea?" She said and walked into her room.
We finished getting her things ready and went downstairs to the living room to watch TV while we waited for the guys. We were in the middle of watching some re run of a gag show when I felt someone else was in the room. I slowly turned around and saw Jimin leaning on the wall staring at Heejoo. I looked over and Heejoo was knocked out on the couch.
"Good morning oppa." I said to Jimin and got up and bowed to him.
"Shh she'll wake up." He said and smiled at me.
"Oh sorry." I said in return.
"Are you ready for today?" He said coming to sit on the sofa closest to Heejoo.
"Yea I'm actually really excited to see what you guys have prepared." I said.
"Then why didn't you ever drop by the practice room?" He said.
"Because as a fan I wanted to be surprised and Heejoo threatened to kill me if I dropped by. She wanted me to be surprised seeing you guys on that stage." I said and smiled at him.
He looked at me and gave me a cute smile and then turned back and stared at Heejoo.
"Hey Kathy." He said still staring at Heejoo sleep.
"What's up?" I said a little crept out at the fact that he was staring at Heejoo sleep.
"You’re her best friend and you said I'm her type. What exactly is her type?" He asked looking at me curiously.
To be honest I don't know. She never told us her type. I remember while watching BTS videos she couldn't take her eyes off of Jimin and she said she wouldn't mind dating a guy like him. Is it his charm or his strong performance on stages?
"Mmm well I am her best friend but being honest here she never mentioned her ideal type to us. I just remember her saying one time that she wouldn't mind dating a guy like you." I said
"Hmmm well she would seem mysterious about revealing her type." He said lost in thought, "Hey do you think I would ever have a chance to date her?"
"What?" I said shocked at his abrupt question.
"Yea. Last night I told everyone I liked her and I want to be her boyfriend." He said.
Can this guy be serious? He must be kidding right now. We would usually joke with Heejoo about dating Jimin but that was before she debuted with them. She thinks of them as family. Well she did hint somewhat feelings for Jimin last time we talked but she never admitted it.
I looked over and he was just staring at Heejoo. He then slowly lifted his hand and was slowly going towards her. As soon as he was about to touch her face Heejoo grabbed his hand.
"Don't you dare touch me." She said and threw his hand away from her.
"Sorry oppa I should have told you she was awake." I said laughing at him.
"She was awake the whole time!" He said getting up quickly.
"Yea it's one of her many talents." I said laughing as he ran towards the kitchen.
"What right do you have to tell him I think he's my ideal type? Do you want to die at such a young age Kathy?" Heejoo said still lying down on the couch.
"I’m sorry unnie it was a slip of the tongue won't happen again." I said back with a little aegyo.
"Mhmm your lucky you’re cute." She said and got up the couch. "Yah hurry up the managers are on their way!" She yelled from the living room.
"God how can such a small body be so loud. Keep it down my head hurts!" We heard Hoseok oppa yell from his room.
In less than five minutes the guys were all seated on the couch looking more dead than alive.
"What did you guys do last night? You guys look terrible." I said teasing them.
"The hyungs did a little celebration." Jeongguk said looking more alive than the other; actually he and Heejoo were the only wide awake ones. The others look a little....

No they didn't?
"You guys are hung-over!" I said yelling at them.
"Shh keep it down my heads about to explode." Hoseok said grabbing his head.
"Aish I hope you get your act together before the managers come." And just as I said that the door opened and manager oppas came in.
"Morning kids. Let's go we have a few hours of practice and then the show." He said smiling.
We all got up and went outside to the van. The guys and Heejoo went over their performance with the trainees multiple times. They looked amazing each time. I was glad that I was the first fan to see their performance. As they continuously practiced time started to go by quicker. We had to go to the salon to get their hair and makeup done. As we left the salon we headed to the venue where the end of the year concert was going to be held.
"Okay our changing room is over there. Go change and then you guys will go up to watch the opened and I think one performances then come down and get ready for yours okay?" The managers said to the guys and trainees.
"Can Kathy go up with us?" Heejoo asked smiling at me.
"Sadly no. I'm sorry but only idols are allowed. She can either stay back here with us and then go down to the pit area to watch your performance or just stay there, her choice." He said looking apologetic.
"Its okay I understand. I'll go down when it's time for their performance." I said.
We went to the dressing rooms and the guys went in first to change. As Heejoo and I were waiting, we saw one of the stylists running towards us.
"Kathy we need your help with the dancers. There's too many and we have so little time to get them ready. Come hurry." She said and ran back.
"Go they need you." Heejoo said pushing me away.
"Okay if I don't make it before you go on stage good luck and do amazing as always. Love you." I said and hugged her quickly and ran in the direction the stylist came from.
We quickly got all the backup dancers ready and sent them back stage so they could get on stage.
"Hey Kathy!" I heard someone yell from behind. I turned around and saw it was stylist unnie. "I heard from Heejoo that you want to study cosmetology."
"Yea I do. Once I graduate I want to get my license." I said.
"That's good; we have an open spot why don't you start your career a little early?" She said.
"Really?" I said excited.
"Yea you can do internship for now and once you get your official license you will already have a job." She said and then walked away.
Hanging around Heejoo has to be the best. As I looked around I realized I was alone in the little hallway. Where did everyone go? Where am I supposed to go? As I looked at my phone, the show had already started and it was less then 10 minutes before they performed. Crap if I miss their performance I'm dead. I started to run and look around everywhere but there were no people in site. As I e corner, I saw someone with his back turned towards me. He had a black suit on and he was about 5'11" he had a nice body line and he was on his phone.
"Excuse me. Do you know how to get down to the pit area?" I asked the man as I approached him. He froze in place and just stood there quite and didn't turn around. Maybe he didn't hear me.
"Excuse me." I said already standing behind him. As he turned around I realized I knew this man, well guy. Out of all people why did I run into him and mostly in this place?
"Long time no talk neighbor." He said fully turned around and smiling at me.
"GunTae." I said shocked. "What are you doing here?"
"Wow it's nice to see you too. Well it's about time we let the cat out of the bag. My dad happens to own a few buildings here and there and also owns SBS." He said giving me a flirty smile.
"Oh I see. Well I have to go nice to see you." I said trying to get away from him.
"Hey wait. Didn't you say you wanted to get to the pit area, I'll take you there." He said before I could get away.
Great. Just my luck. Out of all people why is he here and now. If Heejoo finds out he's here she'll run away. I'll just let him walk me out to the pit because first I need to watch them perform and second I don't know where to go.
"Okay. Thank you." I said and we began to walk. Turns out I was going the right way; the entrance was just at the end of the hall. As we entered all the staff bowed to GunTae. Wow I guess he is important here.
"Yah, where are you going?" GunTae said stopping me before getting in line to enter the pit area.
"Getting in line so I can see the performance." I said starting to walk again.
"Those people are in line hoping to get in. They stopped letting people in about 20 minutes ago." He said.
"Seriously! Well that's just ing great." I said throwing my hands in the air.
"Come on I'll get you in." He said and grabbed my hand and pulled me to another door. A few minutes later I was in the pit area way in the front with an amazing view of the stage. As soon as I got into my place the lights went out and they came out from the side with Rap Monster rapping. They began their dance and it was perfect, it got to the part where Jimin was suppose to jump off and do a flip but as he did it, he fell on his and played it off. I looked to my side and saw GunTae laughing I elbowed him hard enough to make him stop laughing. I hope Jimins okay. They still kept going and it went to No more Dream. Heejoo was perfect and all her moves were I sync with the guys. Their performance finally ended and the other rookies started to perform.
"Okay let's go." I said to GunTae and pulled him.
"Hey why did we leave?" He said whining behind me.
"Because I only came to see BTS perform. Their the reason I'm here. Hey do you know how to get to where the groups are?" I asked looking around for a sign that said changing rooms or something of that sort.
"Yea let's go I'll walk you." He said and began to walk.
The walk was a really awkward one because everywhere we went the staff kept bowing to us, well to him.
"Yooo GunTae ma man." We heard someone yell from behind us. As we turned around I saw it was a guy about 5'11" too, he had black hair but had it covered with a black snapback which he was wearing backwards. He had a black t-shirt on with black pants and brown boots. He didn't really look Korean, his eyes were pretty big and he had a very big smile.
"What's up!" I heard GunTae say as he approached him. So this guy speaks English.
"Thanks for the passes. I and the guys appreciate it." Snapback guy said. He then saw me behind GunTae and gave me a flirty smile and winked at me. "My brother I didn't know you had a girlfriend. She's really cute and y looking. Keep a close eye on her or else I might just end up taking her from you." He said and winked at me again.
"Ugh" I said loud enough for him to hear and rolled my eyes at him.
"Ha you can have her. She's not my girlfriend. She's a friend from Cali. Kathy this is Jackson Wang, he's from Hong Kong and a trainee at JYP. And this is Kathy, she's my neighbor in Cali and I really don't know why she's here. Why are you here?" GunTae said introducing us to each other.
"I moved here about a month ago. My dad’s company gave him a promotion so he got transferred here so now I'm living here." I said trying to avoid all eye contact with Jackson and looked around at the venue. It was really big and actually pretty.
"Whoa you’re so lucky your dad owns all this." I said to GunTae as I kept looking at the place.
"Ha he told you his dad owns this place!" I heard Jackson say laughing.
"He doesn't?" I asked GunTae a little hurt that I got lied to but then felt a little pity to him.
"Of course he doesn't. HE owns this place. His dad gave it to him as a birthday present last year." Jackson answered.
"Wow thank you for answering me GunTae!" I said to Jackson annoyed at him already.
"Come on let's go to the changing area. You need to meet up with your friend." He said and pulled me with him.
We walked in silence well tried to because Jackson followed around and wouldn't shut up. It felt like forever and I was seriously about to murder this guy.
"What group is your friend in?" GunTae asked trying to help me keep my sanity.
"Umm BTS." I said not even caring if he finds out Heejoo is in Korea anymore.
"Hey I have a question. Whatever happened to Heejoo? We all wondered where she disappeared to at school." He said looking forward.
Great what lie should I tell him? I know if I tell him Heejoo is here, he'll go and try and get her back and make a huge mess of things.
"Ummm she moved." I said walking faster once I saw the changing room sign.
"Where to?" He asked me.
"Why do you want to know?" I said to him trying to hint that I wasn't going to tell him.
"Because I need to apologize to her. There are still things that need to fixed between us." He said his voice cracking a little. I looked over at him and saw that he was sincere.
"Look I don't know if your being sincere or not but I know Heejoo doesn't want to see you. Not yet. I'll let her know I ran into you though." I said and smiled at him.
"Thanks." He said and smiled back.
We finally reached the tent that said BTS and I walked in not caring if the guys were changing or not, I needed to celebrate with Heejoo her awesome stage performance.
"Yah where were you He- oh Mr. President hello." Said the manager oppa. All of a sudden all the stylist that were there got up and bowed even the guys. As I turned around I saw that GunTae had walked in with me. Aish this kid needs to leave already.
"Hello everyone. What a splendid performance." He said and applauded.
"Oh thank you sir were so happy you liked it." Namjoon said more excited than ever.
"Okay you can leave now." I said and tried pushing GunTae out the tent but he kept himself planted.
"Yah Kathy stop." Namjoon said and pulled me away from GunTae "I'm sorry sir she just moved here from America."
"It's fine. Don't worry Kathy can be like that." He said and smiled at me.
"You guys know each other.
"Yes"
"No"
We both answered and I face palmed myself. I swear this kid.
"We do. She was my neighbor back in Cali." He said and winked at me.
"Eww" I said and flicked him on the forehead.
"Yo GunTae hurry up we have to- Namjoon what's up!" Jackson said coming in.
"Jackson what's up why are you here?" Namjoon said doing the whole half handshake/hug thing guys do.
"I was just watching the performances and ran into this kid and this cutie over here and hung around hoping to get some digits. Yo Namjoon help me out yea?" Jackson said flashing me a charming smile.
"No. She's not interested." Namjoon said defensively and pulled me behind him.
"Dang bro harsh words. It's okay I'll just work harder." He said and patted Namjoon on the shoulder.
Soon it got really quite and awkward and we just stared at each other.
"Yah where is she?!" I heard Heejoo yell as she approached the tent entrance. No Heejoo please don't come in here.
"Hey where's- Kathy where were you I looked everywhere for you." Heejoo said ignoring the fact that we had two guests in the tent.
I popped out from behind Namjoon and saw the shocked face of GunTae.
"I was umm watching some of the performances." I said trying to hint to her to not turn around.
"Hey your Mark's girl!" Jackson said which made Heejoo turn around.
"Oh hi Jackson and-" she stopped in the middle of her sentence. She immediately went pale and stopped breathing.
"Oppa." She said and she stumbled back landing in Jimin's arms. Thank goodness he was quick and caught her.
"Hey she's not Marks. Tell that bastard to stay away from her." Jimin said holding on tightly to Heejoo. "Yah are you okay? Come on let's go sit."
"Babe." We heard someone whisper as we all were too focused on Heejoo.
Me Jackson Namjoon and Heejoo just stared at GunTae wide eyes as we realized it was him who said that word. In a matter of seconds Heejoo was on her feet and began to walk towards him.
"Jimin get her." I said and he quickly grabbed her from her waist and didn't let go.
"Don't you dare call me that! I will never and I repeat never be yours again so get lost I don't want to see you." She yelled, in English so only the 4 of us could understand, trying to rip loose of Jimin's embrace. "Yah Jimin let me go!!"
"We'll talk later when you calm down. Bye my love." GunTae said and gave her a charming smile and wink.
"Yo see you later Namjoon. I'll pass by your place later." Jackson said and walked out after GunTae.
All the members and staff just stared at us in shock. Heejoo was still fuming in anger and looked as though she could kill with her stare. Jimin still held in tight to her unaffected by her stare meanwhile the others were even scared to look her way.
"Hey Heejoo calm down, your scaring everyone." I said trying to calm her down. She closed her eyes and slowly breathed in and out and began to calm down.
"What the hell is he doing here?" She said in English through her clenched teeth with her eyes still closed.
"He owns this place. I ran into him while I was going to watch the performance." I said.
"Just my ing luck.  Of all people him." She said looking a bit calmer.
"Just what I was thinking." I said smiling.
"But why would you bring him here!?" She now yelled at me.
"Hey don't yell at me! I tried losing him! He can't take a ing hint god it's not my fault now calm the down Heejoo!" I said yelling at her which shocked her and she just calmed down and slowly everyone in the room was now scared of me and just looked down.
"I'm sorry. Your right." She said not making eye contact with me. Out of all people she knew she couldn't ever yell at me, she had respect for me and in a way she felt a little frightened of me. She may be older than me but in a way it felt good she was scared of me. Hehe.
"It's okay babe. Now just get ready so you guys can go watch the next performances." I said and gave her a light pat on the cheek.
"Hey just remember I am older than you." She said and laughed a little. "Everyone I'm sorry for what happened. Jimin you can let me go now."
I forgot he was still holding onto her. He seemed a little sad which I didn't notice before he held onto her. He still held tight to her and looked her in the eyes. She stared back at him and the look on his face read that he was worried. She gave him a small smile and got a little closer to him.
"I'm okay I promise." She whispered so only he could hear but I was standing close enough to listen. He looked back at her and smiled and let her go. Surprisingly these two look cute together and lately they've been getting quite close to each other. Maybe if they weren’t in the same group together these two could date.
"Okay kids hurry up and get ready!" The mangers yelled and quickly the stylist unnies did their magic and got them ready.
"See you in a bit okay?" Heejoo said before walking out.
"Hey text me okay." Namjoon said passing by me and flashing me his phone from his pocket and then smiling at me. I nodded to him and smiled back.
Being this close to him will never get old.

 

 

 


Hey guys sorry for not updating as much.

I just started school and well yea these three weeks have been pretty busy and its just the beginning.

I will try my very best to try and finish this story before October.

Just a little heads up, this story will start to hit its .

I know its taking me forever but please bare with me its my first story.

So thank you to everyone who has stuck with me this far.

Thanks for subscribing and commenting.

Please comment and give me your opinions, I love to see your guys comments and opinions.

So with that being said thank you and hope to see more lovely comments.

Stay beautiful my lovely readers.

~Valeria