Chapter 1

Lousy Love

Hi my names Kim HeeJoo. I'm 16 years old, I'm a junior in a big high school in Califirnia. I'm not so social. I have only one close friend, Jang HaeSoo but she is more fond of Sierra. No one really likes me at school because all the girls since 7th grade started bad rumors about me because their jealous of how I look. I might sound conceited but its the truth I try not to gloat about my looks because I dont want anymore rumors about me. But don't get thrown off by my looks because not only am the most hated but also the most feared. All the rumors are the same. I try to be as nice as I can but sometimes these girls just drive me crazy and I can't help but let my anger get the best of me I've just gotten tired of being nice and started acting tuff so no one messes with me and so far its worked. I've been suspended many times and even had to get moved from schools 3 times. So far this year I haven't gotten into trouble. I hope not to because I don't want to loose my only friend, Sierra. My family hates me well that's what I think, of course they believe everyone over their own blood all, these rumors have seperated me from my "family" they don't support me. I had to beg them to let me take dance classes and they did but with one condition I had to join band. Managing band and dance is hard but lately its been harder because I also joined a soccer team and I love it but its stressful; school, band, dance and soccer. Atleast I don't have to be at home and get yelled at all the time. I usually get home late and when I do I do my chores than homework and go to sleep avoiding all contact with everyone at home.

 

I was walking to met Sierra at her locker, as I got closer I saw there was a group of girls surrounding her. She backed up against the lockers and looked down. Then one girl grabbed her by the hair and forced Sierra to look at her. Oh no, not my best friend.

"Is this the new way of saying hi?" I smile and grab the chicks hair, pulling her down until she lets go of Sierra. I finally let go and looked at her.

"You should work on your manners." I smirked and walked away with Sierra.

- "You didn't have to do that you know."

-"Then I would lose you."

-"Awwww Heejoo"

-"Ahaha shut up your gonna show them my weak spot"

 

As we walked to 4th period no one bothered us. Band is up next I really like it, it relaxes me. I have recently been talking to a few people and I met this really chill girl her names Kathy. She's so small but crazy and she has similar intrest like me. She introduced me to a lot of people today and I'm glad I have a few new friends in band and good thing they didn't bring up the nasty rumors. As I continue my day school is the same dirty looks here and there but not much changes. As I get out of school I go to my car and drive off to the dance studio. Dance is my escape doesn't matter what type of dance I do anything from lyrical to contemporary to hip hop, its my escape its my addiction and I love it. Practice today was a lot of hard work but I managed and finished with compliments from the I instructer. After dance I went to soccer and did my best and improved a lot. I learned how to pressure more and practice my pk shots and worked hard on my passes and ball control.

 

As I'm leaving the field I notice that I'm being followed. I take the long way to the parking lot to see if I can loose them. Once they stop following me I feel a little more at ease. But when i get to my car I notice a man standing next to my car. He looks in his late 30's. As I get close to my car he has this really creepy smile I'm a little scared right now is anyone even here? The parking lot is so empty. If I get killed will anyone be see or help me out? Holy I'm about to crap myself.

-"Hello are you Kim HeeJoo?"

As I examine him a little more, he has a Asian accent, he's in a suit that looks pretty expensive and his hands are in his pockets. He looks about 6 ft. If he were to attempt something would I be able to escape? I mean I'm 5"1'. Looks like I lived a very crappy life.

-"Umm yea that's me. Who are you?"

-"Haha how rude of me my names. Jeong Wook. I'm the CEO of JYP Entertainment. I've come all the way from Korea because I'm interested in you." "Ummm what do you mean by interested in me?"

-"I want you to become a trainee for one of my companies, BigHit Entertainment."

-"Okay what kind of prank is this, who put you up to this?"

-"No one. Look I'm not trying to anger you but we discovered your YouTube account and saw your dance videos and it looks like your a hard working girl who wants to become someone in life. We've never seen someone as passionate as you. We would be idiots if we let you go. We're willing to give you the oppurtunity of a life time here."

-"Okay so lets say this is true. What would I be doing?"

-"Well we're planning to put you in this boy group and expirement something. We want to make a co-ed group."

-"So I'm just an expirement?"

-"In other words yea i guess" he starts to chuckle

-"okay and if it doesn't work out what will happen to me?"

-"We will pay for everything and send you back home. So what do you say? Are you in?"