The A Class

Love is... What? (A BTS Story)
~📖*** Hey everyone! Hope you're excited for what happens in this chapter! I made sure this chapter was extra long too! I love the support, thanks guise!~
------------------••••-----------------------
 
Yu-Ra wrote down directions to the A class room for me, figuring I would get lost on my way there. (Not that I would've made it on my own, but it was a bit embarrassing.) 
 
"I could make it on my on." I insisted, lying through my teeth.
 
She looked at me and shook her head. "You don't seem so sure." Yu-Ra stated.
 
Darn. She saw through me too.
 
Giving me the paper, she smiled and waved goodbye, her deep brown eyes radiating as she looked at me. I hesitantly took the paper and bowed towards her. Even though I said she was cool, I still needed to respect her, which made her giggle and reply,
"Cute. Now hurry, you'll be late for your meet up."
 
I thanked her once more and said my farewells to Mr. Sung, who apparently was working on an experiment to make his hair look better. 
 
I knew it.
 
I hurried out the door and thoroughly followed the instructions;
'Turn left, turn right, go upstairs to the top Floor, Open doors, turn right again, walk passed kitchen- kitchen? Anyways-' I noted to myself.
 
My aunt would constantly complain about my mental notes since I rarely spoke aloud when I arrived in Seoul. She said I use to be all loud and courageous, but right now it just wasn't for me. It was weird talking a lot or having all eyes on me (which apparently happened at the ceremony, curse my asian-foreign appeal) ever since I had to harden up because of the incident. 
 
Walking to my home room, I noticed people glancing towards me, or whispering towards my direction. Not good. Eyes were on me. I could feel my cheeks burning as if I had lit a match and rubbed it right against my cheeks. Ouch. I quickened my pace now, from dragging my feet to scurrying across the hall. Or halls, stare cases, doorways, and maids. Man, this place was big. Had I really taken this many turns with Yu-Ra by my side? Definitely. But what surprised me was that she remembers where everything is. I can't even remember listening to the directions to the bus stop my aunt gave me. Guess I have that photographic memory thingy when I have to see it, then remember. Should've taken pictures.
 
Soon enough, I finally reached a pair of double doors with a gold plate on the side saying 'A Class.' I guess it was nice to have the top floor, seeing as it had the best view of the lake, which was now shining brightly. The rain had stopped eventually and the clouds have cleared up, making the sky look nice and blue.
 
'Thank goodness.' I thought in my head. I don't know what I would've done if the rain had taken a new level. 
 
Taking a deep breath, I opened the doors and entered the classroom. 
 
 
Holy nuggets.
 
The room was as bigger than I had expected it to be. 
'Is this really a school?' I thought to myself, repeating the question over and over and over and over.
 
The classroom was twice the size as the main room on the first floor, I assumed as my eyes explored the place. The walls were painted a nice antique looking blue, not so light to irritate the eyes and not so dark to make one feel sleepy or sluggish. The right kind of blue to feel at home or relaxed. White borders were around the walls, basically bringing its own decor to which had nothing on them. Elegant, I decided. The room was elegant looking. The floors were made of black marble and were as shiny as ever, as I saw my own reflection upon them. Polished and refine as I stepped across the room. The class had big wide windows that viewed the breath taking lake and its enchanting waterfall. Chocolate brown curtains were neatly draped to the sides of the windows and tied off with a big fat ribbon, keeping them to their positions. Ivory green plants had been placed around the room, potted in clear glass vases near the windows where the light had shined out the best. Everything was breath taking and dumbfounded every bit of me. But looking at the students, I was even more astonished.
 
Students weren't seated in desks like I had seen while looking through the windows of Class A, instead they were chatting on cherry blossom wooden tables and drinking tea or coffee, or whatever was in the little dainty cups of theirs. That or practically sleeping in long lounge chairs like in the main room (but these were colored black and had pretty ruffles flowing on the sides and bottoms.), or making small talk with various groups standing up. 
 
'At least they had school essentials for a classroom.' I noted as the students clung onto their backpacks and binders. At least they had those things.
 
I was then interrupted by a few girls whispering and pointing towards my direction. 
"Wahh, pretty hair."
"She isn't from here, huh? That rumor must be true."
"Lucky."
 
I turned towards the little group. They all had light pink ribbons in their hair, and they were crouching in a circle. As soon as they saw me staring at them, they hushed up and looked at me nervously. I awkwardly smiled and bowed at them, waving my hand and in return, they giggled and shuffled away. I was never the conversation making type when making new friends, but people who knew me knew my personality. Or use to know my personality. I then quickly turned my attention to the room again, trying to find something that reminded me of a normal school.
 
There were bookshelves and cabinets on one side of the room filled with text books, or books I presumed. Not to mention file cabinets (I hope they were file cabinets full of papers and documents and not extra tea party cutleries.) and a grand desk that had papers stacked neatly to one side and a working stationary to the other. There was also a large name tag screwed onto the desk which read "Ms. Bae Lee." 
 
'The teacher.' I assumed. Over the announcements, I heard that we needed to appear to class at a certain time, and the teachers would come shortly after. That gave me more time to compose myself. 
 
I was just about to explore the room even more when I heard a voice behind me.
 
"Hey, student."
 
'Uh oh..... Did I get in trouble?' I thought. 
I turned around to find a group of boys staring at me. There were about five boys, each and everyone of them didn't have their ties on correctly, just hanging around their necks- which made my fingers twitch, aching to put them on correctly. I have a bit of an OCD when it comes to being neat or organizing or symmetrical. (Or I could just be a bit of a perfectionist.) I also didn't want to mention how their undershirts weren't tucked in properly into their pants, leaving some of the material hanging in and out of it. They were all really tall, or taller than me by a lot I suppose, since I was really small to begin with. Their body figures were nicely built, and I guess they were trying to purposely show it off since a few buttons off the top of their shirts were open. Wait. Why am I explaining this in full detail? I channeled my view to the main boy in the middle. He had brown side swept bangs and a killer smile, to which he showed towards me. He was the tallest out of all of them, and the best looking in my opinion. His arms were crossed as he examined me, making me shift uncomfortably. 
 
"Y...yes?" I squeaked. Even though these boys were my new classmates, they were very intimidating, considering the fact that they weren't wearing their uniforms correctly, and that they pulled off a certain dangerous look. In addition to all that, all but the boy in the middle had either spiked up hair or a buzz.
 
"You're the girl from Cali, right?" The boy in the middle asked, still flashing me a dashing smile which made my heart beat in an unusual way. I then felt a source of panic. This beating, it has to be close to getting seizures right? Am I having seizures? I acted calmly and replied, "Yes."
 
Everyone in his group started to whispers things that I couldn't hear until the boy in the middle raised his left hand, bringing them to a halt. That's when I had the chance to read his name plate.
 
'Yoon Yesung' it read.
 
"No wonder I haven't seen you around Seoul. You made quite the entrance at the ceremony too." Yesung said. I immediately looked down as I felt my cheeks burning up from embarrassment. 
 
"Sorry if I made any inconvenience." I said, watching my reflection on the marble floor.
 
Yesung chuckled and shook his head. 
"Actually I enjoyed it. Not every year you see a pretty girl walk into school."
 
I then shot my head up, surprising Yesung with my reaction. Pretty girl? Was he trying to do those flirting tactics that I'd heard about in those magazines back in the hair salons in California? I didn't read those things all the time since it wasn't my thing, but I did attempt to read them while I was in the hair salon and there was nothing to do. No. He couldn't have been flirting. Right? Right. Right?
 
Right.
 
I smiled at the boy and have a small bow.
"Thank you for the compliment," I answered back, "but I think I may have caused a disturbance to others."
 
Yesung walked up closer to me, so that we were now about three feet apart. Not that I was measuring our distance... Anyways, he stopped at around three feet- I'm guessing, and spoke, "Hey, you know, if you ever need some assistance, I could help you. Maybe we could get some coffee, or go out sometime to get you use to Seoul." 
I gave him a smile and shook my head.
"Someone else has already said they would, but thank you for your generosity." 
 
Yesung have a confused expression, as if he didn't understand me, or that he possibly didn't understand my reaction to his words. But what was so confusing? He asked me if I needed assistance, and I already had a guide to show me around school. And who needs to go get coffee to look at school buildings? Speaking of having a guide-
 
My thoughts were cut short when I realized Yesung was stepping closer towards me. Two feet apart. A foot and a half. He was now standing a foot apart from me. He looked at me with an expression that practically terrified the bejesus out of me. There was a mix of strong desire and lust, something I didn't really want to see on my first day of school. That or I was just really uncomfortable with a guy I just met now face to face with me, practically breathing the same air and had barely any space between us. 
 
Déjà vu.
 
Before I could speak I felt a pair of hands pat the top of my head and a light but alarmed voice say, "So you found your way here in one piece, huh?"
 
I turned around to find a boy with the fluffiest, wavy hair I could imagine with a smile on his face towards me, but as soon as he looked up towards Yesung, he shot a glare that seemed to shake the four boys behind him. 
 
"Who are you to interrupt our conversation?" Yesung growled. His hands balled up into fists as he took a step back.
 
Jungkook gave a dangerous smile and replied back, "Her school guide."
 
Yesung gave one last look towards me and waved us off.
"Hope to see you around, Cali Girl." He said, walking towards his friends and to a group of girls. 
 
'Players.' I decided. No wonder he complimented me.
 
For some reason I felt at ease by Jungkook's side. Not only does he break my fall, but saves me from awkward conversations like that. I looked up at him, seeing him still glaring at the group of boys. 
 
"Umm... Your hand..." I murmured. His hand was still placed on top of my head. Jungkook looked back at me and quickly removed his hand in a panicked motion. As soon as he lifted his hand off however, I was almost tempted to stop him and place it back onto my head. Something about the way he reacts towards me made me feel safe, so I guess when he removed his hand, I felt the umbrella over me was removed.
 
"Thanks." 
 
"No problem, you seemed like you were in a bit of trouble." Jungkook replied, rubbing the back of his neck.
 
I was just about to thank him once more when the doors opened and a woman in her late 20s walked in holding stacks of papers and a little black Channel tote bag. She wore a business like attire- black blazer with a white under shirt, and a black skirt that went down to her knees. Her shoes were a nice pair of black pumps as she clipped clopped her way to the front desk. For accessories, she had on two small diamond earrings and a gold bracelet around her ankle. The lady had short, light brown hair and no doubt looked like a supermodel. All the guys in the room stared at her, except Jungkook. He just respectfully bowed at her direction and whispered into my ear,
"That's our teacher." His face was so close that I even felt his breath against my ear, sending shivers down my spine.
I nodded in acknowledgement and bowed towards her as well.
 
The A Class was different then the other buildings apparently. They had one classroom filled with all years of students. It was a mild group of students, I must say, and they all looked up towards her in astonishment.
 
When she finally reached her desk, she set down her belongings and looked at us all with a warm, comforting smile. She had a light peach eyeshadow on and wore a casual pink lipstick. In other words she looked refreshing, for majority of her makeup was what seemed to be foundation or BB cream.
 
"Welcome students, I am Ms. Bae Lee, your home room teacher. And before you say anything, yes I am young for a teacher, and yes I may seem inexperienced, but I assure you I have worked as a teacher for a very long time." She stated. I wasn't so sure whether everyone was listening to her or just pretended to and was just finding a reason to stare and gawk. Ms. Bae must've caught on because she quickly added on, "Each and everyone of you students are here because you have gone past the limitations to get into our beautiful school, making you all very intelligent intellectuals. It is an honor to stand here and teach you students, for I know you all will become successful and talented."
 
'Another pep talk.' I thought to myself. All of the students around us had their head held high, and some even clapped at her speech. 
 
"However," Ms. Bae interrupted, "the A class isn't like any regular type of class. You must keep your standards grade-wise in school to be able to still attend the A class, unlike the other buildings. After every semester exam, there will be score sheets up at the main building. Every student eligible to still stay into the A class will have a red star next to their name. In conclusion, those who work hard will stay, and those who aren't fully into their future will go to a different class."
 
That broke everyone's cheers and assurance, including mine. It mind boggled me to even think that if I don't succeed, I would leave this class. Just the thought of failing scared me, not that I've ever failed a test before. I remember staying up late to finish studying, even though I had already done studying weeks before as well. I remembered my parents having to scold me for different reasons; studying to long, doing all nighters because I had to finish a book series, or having group study sessions rather than going out shopping and such. Thanks to the terms of staying in the elite class, I felt the mood in the classroom take a turn to awkwardness, and apparently so did other students as they shifted uncomfortably in their high class tea chairs and lounge chairs.
 
"As you can see, there are multiple students of all years assigned to the A class. This class consists of students in the same mind level, so that is the reason there isn't a separate class for everyone. You may have seen a lot of students downstairs. They are students who have an A Class extra curricular, so majority just come here for that. Just like us, if they fail to meat the extra curricular requirements, they fail."
 
Ms. Bae gave everyone an encouraging smile and sighed in relief, only to then explain how the principal just wanted to inform us not to fool around with the luxurious setting they offered. Right then and there, the tension in the room lessoned and everyone went back to their business, obviously knowing that was all the beautiful teacher had to say. A few students, including Jungkook and I, bowed towards her respectively and thanked her for the information. I realized some third years looking around, seeming uninterested in the content. They probably have heard this threat repeatedly so I understood their reactions, especially Jungkook who stretched his arms and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"So, where to next?" Jungkook asked, giving a child like smile. Looking at him made me less tense and a bit calm as I pointed out the door and asked,
"A class music room, please?"
 
Jungkook looked surprised for a split second, and then gave me a nod. Before I knew it, he was grabbing my hand and we were out the door.
 
And there it was again.
 
 
Warm.
 
 
-------------------••••----------------------
~📖*** omigosh everyone! More than 100 views on my book! And before you say anything, it's not Yesung from SuJu, it's just a name :P but you'll find more BTS boys soon! Thanks for everything awesome sauces!~
***{Neauchia}