The Musical Piece

Love is... What? (A BTS Story)

Pressing the keys on the piano, I took a moment to look around my room. The grey chipped walls, the dusty marble flooring. There was nothing homey about it. Filming crews would probably pay to rent the space out for a horror film if they could. To sum it all up, there was nothing in the room. It'd been a over two weeks and I still hadn't put anything new in here.

It wasn't me being lazy or anything, it was just that whenever I tried to picture the room as my own style, nothing came to mind. My room at my aunt's house wasn't any different either, aside from the furniture my aunt insisted I put and the few accessories back home. I didn't want to take anything from home, it was too painful.

Giving up on the idea of redesigning, my mind returned to a knocking on the door. Getting up from my seat, I hurried over to the door, finding a smiling Fluffy.

"Soo-In, you signed up!" He happily said. I raised my brow, leaning against the fancy door's frame, "I saw that you signed up with piano."

Jungkook smiled even wider, "So you were looking for my name?"

Heat grew along my cheeks, "Y-You were the last person to sign up, of course I saw your name."

Jungkook shrugged, "I guess so," Before I could respond, he cut me off, "Can I use your practice room?"

"Why not rent out a room?" I questioned. There must've been other rooms other than mine.

"All the rooms have been taken, and the only thing left to do is to share," He started, a sigh leaving his lips, "So can I please use your room too?" Fluffy gave a pouting look, making me burst into a fit of giggles.

"Of course you- you ca-an." I said breathily clutching my stomach.

"Soo-In."

When I looked at him, he was still pouting. I couldn't help but giggle even more. Looking down, I felt my hair cover my face, hiding the crimson that'd been forming. Something about that look made me laugh.

It was cute.

"Soo-In." He said once more. Jungkook's pout turned into a smirk as he leaned in a bit closer, inches away from my face. I abruptly stopped laughing, aware of his breath on mine.

"Soo-In." He spoke once more, his hand reaching up to pull a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I flinched on his touch, making him chuckle as he finished tucking away the strand.

I self consciously bit my lip, afraid to test my voice. Stammering, fading off, not being able to utter a single word: this boy's made me do it all. Fluffy's eyes fell to my lips, gazing at them with a look of curiosity.

"Do girls always do that?" He asked, his eyes still locked onto my lips.

"W-what?"

"That," Fluffy raised his hand and gently grazed the bottom of my lip, "It makes me want to.."

He stopped mid sentence, letting his hand drop and move behind his back. What was he going to say? Before I could ask anything, Jungkook moved to pat my head and hastily walked into my practice room.

"Wow! The room looks so different from mine." He started, running around the room.

I, however, was still dumbfounded on what just happened. I never dared to question the previous interaction though, because I was too worried I would show a scarlet red face.

"Yeah."

"But you haven't decorated the place yet." He commented, slowing his pace.

I shrugged, "I never got around to it. I honestly don't have any ideas for it either." Walking over to the piano, I pressed a random key, playing whatever song came to mind.

"You say you need the piano?" I ask, feeling his eyes on me. Jungkook sat next to me, joining my composition.

"Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience."

"No problem," I said, turning my head to look at him. He was entirely focused on playing, his hands gracefully touching each note. It was a formation even I couldn't master. His posture, gentleness, feeling, and even emotions were combined as one.

His style of music put together with mine sounded like something I couldn't explain. Both static but dynamic, light hearted but deep. Playing with him seemed natural.

It was different.

As we finished the song, Jungkook looked at me, eyes sparkling, "We'd make a great team."

A smile crept upon my lips, "I guess so."

***

"So I heard you signed up for the ML?" V asked, setting his book down. I peered at him through my own book, "How did you hear about that?"

V shrugged, "Everyone in the regular department knows, and since you're the latest topic I guess that's how I found out."

I stared at him sitting across from me. The school library had chairs and desks for students to study, but we much preferred the bean bags on the floor in the fantasy section.

"I see you're fond of any news about me."

V's cheeks reddened, "N-no! Not at-t all-l."

I let out a laugh, "I'm kidding, I know that already." V seemed much more relaxed, but a bit disappointed. Was it something I said?

"How was your book? The Series of Adventure, wasn't it?" He then asked, a pink reappearing. I felt my cheeks heat up as well, remembering our little falling accident.

"It was really good." I said, hiding myself in my book. V's hand pulled my book down, making me look into his eyes. A smile formed on his lips as he asked, "Was it worth the fall?"

I raised my brow, "Of course. I met you, didn't I? Or are you some kind of ghost?" I let out a dramatic gasp, making him chuckle.

"I wouldn't have broken your fall if I was a ghost." He said.

"Unless you're a ghost mattress," I gasped once more, "Let's experiment!"

"Wha-" Before he could say anything, I poked his sides making him burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Y-yah! W-what are-e you do- doing-g??"

I stopped poking him, "What a shame, you're not a ghost after all."

"Were you hoping for me to be one?" He asked, catching his breath.

"It would be fun if you were. We could do investigations and detective work to find your murderer and stuff." I teased, giggling at the confused face he had on.

"I'm sure Jungkook would kill me." He said, thinking about the scenario himself. I jumped at his name, my heart beating fast, "Why would you think that? Is he your arch enemy?"

V gave me a smile, "I'm hanging out with his latest musical piece right now. I'm sure he'd kill me if I ruined it."

Now it was my turn to be confused.

"Eh?"

V smiled as he stood up, brushing his pants off. His blonde hair stood in random places, making him look like he just woke up. Strangely, it suited him well.

"You'll find out later," he assured me, "I'll see you after school."

"You still have classes at this time?" I asked. A class students had their classes in the morning, and if they were elite students they'd spend the rest of the day practicing.

V nodded, "Every class building does, other than the A class."

"I see," I replied back, a bit embarrassed to have asked that, "See you after school then." V smiled, waving a hand as he walked out of the library.

"See you later, Soo-In."