Fall Out

Love is... What? (A BTS Story)
I heard the sounds of bells go off, signaling all students to get to their classes. Taking one gasp of air, I hurried into the A Class room, where the High and Noble lived. Even after a week in this school, I still couldn't get over how beautiful the school was. With it's chocolate drapes over the wide windows, it's cream colored paint upon the walls. I still didn't understand why I was here.
 
Sighing, I walked over to a table and sat down on its cushiony chair placed next to it. A wave of relaxation overcame me as I let out a deep breath. I'd stayed awake all night, afraid to go back to sleep.
 
The memories were to painful to revisit, and the only time I couldn't force them out was when I was in a state of sleep. The remembrance of seeing the man I trusted abandon her, the memories of seeing her sprawled across the floor. 
 
I hadn't realized I was zoning out when I'd heard our teacher, Ms. Bae speaking, "Good morning class."
 
We all respectfully said our greetings, letting her inform us of our schedule: doing nothing and only studying for exams, which were seasons away.
 
"I am excited to inform you that the Honors High music league will be coming up soon," She said, looking at the class. My ears perked up at the sound of that, as well as the other students. Ms. Bae smiled, happy that caught out attention.
 
"Yes, the ML will be coming up soon. The date hasn't yet been decided but we plan on hosting it around December."
 
All the students started murmuring things in excitement, some were even jumping up and down. I was intrigued. Raising my right hand, I called out, "What is the ML?"
 
I felt the whole room turn towards me, awestruck. Was this music league thing that big of a deal? Ms. Bae smiled and answered back, "Every year we hold this event. It's when all talented students come up and perform in front of major league judges. There's one winner and that person signs with a big company,"
 
The winner signs with a big league company. That caught my attention. I nodded my head, letting her proceed.
 
"In the beginning of the competition every student may audition, but it is up to the judges to choose twenty competitors to continue on. Two contestants will be eliminated each week until we're down to the top ten, and those students will then compete for the most points given from the judges to become number one."
 
There were oohs and awes from all around the room.
 
"So, that being said, I hope you musically talented students come forth and audition." She said proudly. When she finished her announcement, she sat down in her desk and started some of the large stacks of papers she'd recently brought in.
 
'What's in those papers that makes her work on them everyday?'
 
There was an uproar from the class. Dozens of students were squealing and jumping up an down. First years maybe? Some started making phone calls for talent lessons while others planned their performances.
 
"Soo-In ah." I heard Yu-Ra's voice call out. I glanced to my side, seeing a cheerful second year skipping towards me. 
 
"Yu-Ra shi." I said, a smile creeping upon my lips. Her smile widened as she made her way, sitting on a seat in front of me. She wore a messy side braid today, her hair sticking out in places that would make me look atrocious. She didn't have her glasses with her so I was able to see the beautiful hazel but eyes she sported.
 
"I haven't seen you around in the past week," She started, "Where were you? Or rather, what were you doing?"
 
My smile faded gradually, "I was just spending time in my music room."
 
Yu-Ra raised a brow, "What made you do that?"
 
"N-Nothing." I stuttered. Shoot. Yu-Ra leaned back into her chair, her arms crossed, "Nothing, you say?"
 
I put on my best straight face and nodded, "Well, if you count exploring the school campus then you could say I did nothing."
 
'There. That wasn't the actual truth, but at least some truth was there.'
 
"Ahh~ I guess you did do nothing. I assumed you'd joined the students in Class D with that Second Year you were with." She said with a wink.
 
I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, "W-What are you talking about?? I w-wouldn't ever join the Class D in that k-kind of activity."
 
Yu-Ra let out a contagious laugh, rocking back and forth. For a moment I thought she'd fall off her chair.
 
"Alright, I believe you... A little bit."
 
"Wah- I'm telling the truth!" I said frantically. She laughed a bit more, watching me wave my hands around.
 
"I know, I know. I saw you exploring the other class buildings." She said assuringly
I let a sigh escape my lips, making Yu-Ra giggle. 
 
When Yu-Ra calmed down, she looked out towards the window, light reflecting off her name tag. Her school pin had something else engraved on it, reading: A Class 1st years co-attendant.
 
"Where's your partner?" I asked, leaning forward to get a better look at her pin. She consciously poked at the silver plate, a tired smile on her face.
 
"I wish I knew." She said simply.
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
"You haven't seen him in the past week, neither have I."
 
I nodded in acknowledgment and thought. Why hasn't the co-attendant showed up? He was elected for a reason right?
 
"Yah." 
 
My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a voice full of authority. Looking up from my seat, a brunette second year stood, arms crossed and tapping her foot. Her hair was curled into a half up do with a white ribbon around it. Looking at her closely, I noticed how flawless she looked. With her porcelain skin, her rosy red lips, even the long eyelashes. It took all my strength to not stare and gawk.
 
"Yes?"
 
The brunette unfolded her arms and leaned on one side of her hip, a bit annoyed.
 
'Ahh, the girl from last week with the other two girls.'
 
Now that rang a bell.
 
"We have some unfinished business." She stated.
 
I smiled politely, "Like what?"
 
The girl glared at Yu-Ra, and surprisingly, Yu-Ra returned her gaze. The space around them became tight and compact, a fume surrounding them it seemed.
 
"She doesn't need to be apart of our conversation."
 
"She's my friend. She can stay if she wants." I countered, crossing my legs. Yu-Ra gently tapped on my arm, her gaze still directed to the brunette.
 
"It's okay, it's your business not mine," Yu-Ra assured as she turned towards me, a smile reappearing, "See you around, Soo-In." Yu-Ra got up from her seat and walked away, joining a group across from us.
 
I looked towards the doll like girl, "So what business were we talking about?"
 
The girl shifted on her feet, "I didn't want to be the one doing this, but since you turned the other girls' invitations down," she said with a sigh, "we would like to have you around with us. It'd help with your reputation and ours."
 
Reputation?
 
"I don't think I'd fit your group, considering you're a year older than me." I said. The brunette had a look of agreement in her eyes.
 
'Does she really want me to be in her group?'
 
"Still," She answered back, "you'd make a nice addition since you're the latest news."
 
I was silent for a while, contemplating how to turn her down. The gesture was nice to think about: being surrounded by people, having a posse to hang out with. The only thing standing in my way was their style and their attitudes.
 
"How will I benefit from this? It doesn't seem like you want me there either."
 
"I told you, your image will look better if you're with us. You fit into our standards of popular and you just got here, that's something. And you being with us benefits all of us."
 
I was silent once more. Being surrounded by people, popular even, was tempting. But not how I was suppose to live.
 
I heard the brunette sigh, making me look back up to her, "If you're gonna say no now, I won't have it. Just hang out with us a couple times and then give your final verdict. Don't judge a book by its cover, New Girl." She then walked off, prancing away on her heels and into a crowd of people.
 
I shrugged to myself, getting up from my spot and grabbing my things. I could feel the eyes of everyone around the room glance at me, as if I was a mysterious puzzle. Heat grew upon my face as I forced an unreadable expression. The air around me seemed to move out, leaving me to stagger breathing.
 
Walking towards the classroom doors, I spotted Fluffy laughing with a group of second years. He looked much happier than how he looked from our previous encounter: his face darkened, his laugh harsh, and his frame limp. Seeing him happy tugged something in me, making it harder to breathe.
 
Guilt rushed into my chest as I glanced at him laughing, his hand patting a girl's head. Was this feeling normal for me?
 
All together, my breath hitched in my throat. His eyes met mine for a brief second, his face turning a tad red, and quickly looked away. My eyes shifted to the floor as I quickly grasped for the door's handle, leading me out of the suffocating room.
 
***
 
Tears formed in my eyes, blocking my line of sight. I hastily wiped away the tears, probably reddening my face as I ran out. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I wanted to get out.
 
I ran out to a familiar kind of scenery, one with soft grass and a lake view. It didn't hit me until I hit something.
 
Someone.
 
Bouncing off of the person, I hastily replied, "I-I'm so sorry."
 
The person grabbed my arms, making me look at at them. 
 
His earbuds still hung around his neck, his hair flying in the wind. He had on a black jacket, it's pockets large enough to stash anything in them. He looked down at me, his face lighting up.
 
Soon Jiyong.
 
"Jung Soo-In shi?" He asked. I couldn't utter a single word, let alone speak without breaking down, so instead I nodded.
 
All of my grief disappeared as I looked at him. He looked tired, his hair looking extra messy, dark circles under his eyes. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days. He was looking at me, I could see that, but his mind seemed far away.
 
"A-Are you okay?" I started, startling him. 
 
"I could say the same to you," he gestured towards my leg, "Are you okay?"
 
"I'm fine," I said looking towards the ground. He lifted my chin up, getting a good look at me.
 
"Maybe not so fine." I caved.
 
•••
 
"How's Honors High so far? Is the High and Prestigious to your liking?" Jiyong joked, sitting next to me.
 
The wind was blowing slightly, it's chilly air surrounding me. I looked out towards the waterfall, seeing the crystal clear water splash about. The grass was soft against my legs, soothing almost.
 
"It's a bit overwhelming." I admitted. Jiyong nodded, his hood falling from his head, "I thought the same thing last year."
 
I looked at him, my gaze trailing from his face to his name plate: Soon Jiyong: A Class First Years Co Attendant.
 
"You're the Co-Attendant?" I asked, poking at his name tag. Red flashed across his cheeks as he jumped a bit in his seat. He regained his cold exterior and replied back, "Yeah, you could say that." His voice was rough, making me frown.
 
"Why don't you attend class then?" 
 
"There's a reason for everything."
 
"Then what's the reason?"
 
He was silent for a while, meaning he wanted to drop the subject. Grabbing his hood, he covered his head and plugged in his earbuds, purposely tuning me out. Normally, any sane person would just leave him alone.
 
I decided to test the water.
 
Scooting closer to him, I poked his name plate again and asked once more,"What's the reason?"
 
He flinched ever so slightly, and if I wasn't so close I wouldn't have seen it.
 
"I know you're not listening to music." I said, tilting my head a bit.
 
He looked at me, "How do you know that?"
 
"Because I do that too. Whenever I want to listen in on a conversation, or get out of one, I put earbuds in and pretend I'm listening to music."
 
He was staring at me now, a look with more meaning that I could understand.
He sighed, giving in, "I was trying to get away from something."
 
I smirked, "Running away is never the answer."
 
A smile drifted onto his face, "What a hypocrite." 
 
"Yeah, I guess I am," I gave him a thumbs up, making him chuckle. He looked much younger when he laughed, as if twenty years had lifted off his shoulders. I smiled at the comfort he gave off, despite his cold exterior. Something just felt calming, if that was the right word to call it.
 
For the rest of the time we were silent. It wasn't the awkward silent, but more of a peaceful silent. I felt the wind carry me away, bringing me to another world where mistakes could be erased. The waterfall ahead was a soothing sound, it's waves crashing along the shining rocks. 
 
Ding Ding
 
I opened my eyes, feeling the peaceful sensation drift away. Lunch time had just begun. 
 
I looked over to Jiyong, surprised to find him sleeping on the bed of soft grass. His hair was sprawled out in random places and his earbuds partially placed in his his ears. I wanted to say my goodbyes, thank him for the time he lent to me, and see him off. But the thought of disturbing his sleep stopped me, especially since he looked so ragged and tired when he'd came across me.
 
Smiling, I whispered my goodbye and gave him a thumbs up. For a second I thought he smiled before I left.
 
***
 
I thought I was heading towards the lunchroom hall, but as I walked passed the dark chocolate curtains and countless numbers of rooms, I realized I wasn't going to eat lunch.
 
Walking over towards my room, I stopped as soon as I grasped the door's handle. Off into the distance, music played. That seemed rather odd, considering every room was soundproof and the music seemed close by.
 
I walked towards the sound, intrigued by its catchy beat. By the time I got to the music's source, I realized why I could hear the music. The door was wide open, it's music inside blasting. From a side view of the room, I could see mirrors around every wall.
 
I slowly walked into the room, astonished by the sight of who was in it.
 
His hair bounced around as he moved, jumping and turning to the beat of the music. His uniform was off, him wearing a T-shirt and sweats. Beads of sweat appeared on his forehead as he danced, his movements slick and crisp.
 
I didn't realize I was staring until the music stopped, his eyes then reaching my own. The punch of guilt engulfed me once more, making me drift my eyes towards the ground.
 
"I-I'm sorry. The door was open so I heard music." I started. He didn't say a word, he just stared at me.
 
"I-I'll... I'll take my leave then.. Sorry to disturb yo-" I tried to walk away, realizing that I walked farther into the room than I should've. But before I could even move, Jungkook blocked the entrance.
 
"Jeon Jungkook." I started. He then walked up to me, trapping me against a wall with both hands to my side. He enclosed the space between us, his torso nearly an inch apart from my own.
 
"What are you-" 
 
"Soo-In," He whispered, his breath ragged. I felt my heart would burst into oblivion.
 
"Y-Yes?" He felt much larger now that he was so close.
 
"What are you keeping from me?"
 
-