V

Love is... What? (A BTS Story)

There, right in front of me, stood Blondie and Jungkook, who looked as surprised as I did.

"Library girl.." He started, his face turning a bit red. V looked at me in disbelief, as Jungkook asked, "Are you okay, V?"

"You.." Was all I could manage to spit out, which made Mark give me a confused look on his face. 

"V! You missed a lot last night." Jimin said, putting V into a head lock.

"Yeah, we made a new friend." Jin added.

V looked at Jin with wide eyes, then back to mine, which were filled with panic and embarrassment.
"We, uh. Kind of met.. Already." He stammered, shifting uncomfortably.

"Really? Do tell! Jungkookie wouldn't tell us how he met Soo-In either." Jimin said, catching V's attention.

"Hyung, you've met her already?" He asked Jungkook, who looked slightly confused. He calmly nodded yes and looked around the shop.

V ran his fingers threw his blonde hair and gave a slight smile. Giving an awkward laugh, he slowly explained, "We met at the library, she-"

"I was looking for a book and he kind of helped me out," I finished his sentence, giving him a bow. "Sorry for the inconvenience." I added. Luckily, V caught on and responded back,
"I-uh, it's fine."

Jimin looked at V and me closely, then threw his hands in the air, annoyed.
"Yah! What kind of meeting is that? That's no fun at all!"

V gave a apologetic smile at Jimin and said, "Sorry, it was just small talk in the library."

"Yeah, just small talk." I chimed in. V and I exchanged smiles and switched the topic to sports, which Jimin was happy to talk about.

The boys continued on with their ruckus; wrestling, singing, fighting, running around. I was out of breath just watching them play around. They tried teaching me one of their games once, something about counting numbers and skipping some? Most games were easy to understand, but once I got the hang of something, they'd start a brand new one and teach me more. The only time I'd got out of some games were when I had to refill their orders and tell Mark to make new dishes, to which he happily did because it meant they couldn't mess his hair up anymore.

"Soo-In, can I talk to you for a second?" V asked, making my insides flutter about. "Of course." I answered automatically.
V and I walked into the kitchen, where we wouldn't be bothered.

"Sorry." We both said in unison.

"I didn't mean to-" We both said again.

"I-uh." We said, making us laugh.

V leaned on the counter, running his hand through his light shaggy hair. "Sorry about the guys." He said, his face a bit red.

"No, it's fine, really. I think I'll survive it." I managed to say, still giggling.

"Really?"

"Really."

V smiled, "I won't tell the guys what really happened, I think it'll be a bit weird I'f I did." I nodded in agreement.

"Thanks." We said again.

*

"Lets play Rock Paper Scissors!" Jimin sang, nearly falling off of his chair. 

"Loser pays for the food!" Jin added, pushing Jimin off the chair for the hell of it. 

"Yah, you guise never pay for the food." Mark remarked, glaring at Jimin who now laid on the wood flooring.

"Of course we do," Ho Seok said, ruffling Mark's hair up once more, "If we didn't, your mom and dad wouldn't have tolerated us this long."

"Aish.." Mark mumbled, running his hand through his hair. I giggled at his actions, which made him even more flustered for some odd reason.

"Besides..." Ho Seok said, then he whispered something into Mark's ears so that only he could know what he was saying. Mark instantly turned red and looked at Ho Seok in disbelief. 

"Hey, Mark, are you okay?" I asked, stepping up closer to him to get a better look at his face. When he finally got a hold on himself, he flashed his usual glare at me and walked off, mumbling words to himself.

"What's his problem?" I thought aloud.

"Just something I told him," Ho Seok grinned mischievously. I shot him a disapproving look, to which made him laugh and pat my head.

"You know you look cute with any expression on your face right?"

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. Instantly, I looked down at the floor, trying to hide my blush. 

"Are you guise really older than me?" I asked, catching my breath. The boys just smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

'Really..'

As soon as the boys finished their orders, I grabbed their plates and placed them in the kitchen sink. Washing each plate with care, I then set them in the dishwasher to dry. 

Ring ring 

I looked up at my phone, half expecting a text message from my aunt, who surprisingly didn't come home last night. I'd figured she'd worked overnight and slept at a co-workers house for the time being, which was fine since she was an adult.

'Worked late. Stayed at a coworkers house. Sorry, wont be home tonight either. - Aunt.

Sighing, I replied back saying it was fine and to be well, since all of her work has been difficult for her. I put my phone back into my bag and walked out of the kitchen, bracing myself for more hectic to come my way.

The boys were back to playing games, but I noticed how different Jungkook was acting at the moment. His expression lightened up a bit as the conversations carried on, but I did catch myself glancing up at him because of how quiet he was every now and then. I was also a bit relieved when he finally got up and said nonchalantly, "Let's go."

When I glanced up at the clock, it read 7:55. "I have to get going." I explained, untying my apron.

"So why did Jungkook say 'let's go' instead?" Nam Joon pressed on. 

"It's dangerous to walk alone at night. That's why I'm going with her, for a friendly cause." Jungkook explained, grabbing my backpack and handing it towards me. I couldn't help but feel a small twinge in my heart when I heard the words 'friendly cause'. 

"Okay, okay. Just be safe, you two." Nam Joon said, waving us off. 

I gave him a smile and said my goodbyes to everyone. Within less than a minute, I found myself running off to catch up with Fluffy who was already out the door. 

As I walked out of the shop, I lost sight of the fluffy haired boy. The streets were empty, and there was no sign of the boy anywhere.

'Had he gone off by himself?'

Before I could take another step, I felt an arm drape over my shoulders, its warmth covering me like a blanket.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I said, surprised by his actions.

"You came faster than I thought." He said cheerfully into my left ear, chuckling at my reaction. My heart felt as if it would jump out of my throat due to the vibration in his voice.

"I walk fast, you should know that from last time." I said simply, hiding my face from his.

'Deep breaths. Deep breaths.' I repeated in my head.

"I'll get used to it." He smirked, pulling me in closer as we walked.

"Yah, what are you doing?" I asked, wriggling away from him. Like before, I had failed and was only brought closer into his chest.

"I'm cold," Was all he said. I was about to argue back, but just when I opened my mouth to respond, Jungkook quickened his pace and teasingly said, "What if your balance board catches a cold?"

"Balance boards don't catch colds." I countered.

"Guess I'm one of those special ones that can." He replied back, giving me a lopsided smile. I rolled my eyes, trying to look as uninterested as possible.

"Really..." I scoffed, folding my arms.

He nodded yes and we walked on, his arm still around my shoulder. I watched as his breath carried throughout the air, dancing on the cold, winter night. 

'What is this?' I thought to myself, 'You've only known the fluffy head for two days and now he's a trustful friend?'


Knowing that fact made me frown. Had I not change from before? Why is a stranger so comfortable to be around?

"What's wrong?"

I was so lost in my thoughts to realize Jungkook was speaking. "Neh?" I asked, trying to comprehend what he said beforehand.

Jungkook raised his hand and set it on my forehead, making me gasp and take a step back. 

"Yah, why are you-"

Jungkook placed his hands back on my forehead, examining me closer. The warmth of his hands took me by surprise, making me jump and stumble backwards.

"Are you feeling well?" He asked, feeling my forehead. I could only nod my head, still in shock due to his forwardness.

"W-why are you doing this?" I questioned him, moving his hand off of me. Jungkook shrugged and rubbed the back if his neck, "You seemed out of it." 

"Sorry..." Was all I said.

"There you go with your 'sorry'. Not everything's your fault." He assured me, putting both of his hands up in the air.

'Liar.'

"I know that," I responded, "It's just that I feel bad."

"Well.. You don't seem the type to cause trouble, you seem like a good person."

Liar. 

Liar.

Liar.

It's because you don't know..

"Thanks." I said shyly. 

Jungkook let out a smile and patted my head, "A really obedient, quiet, and good person."

"Hey!" I complained, which sent Jungkook into a burst of giggles.

*

We were half way to my house when suddenly Jungkook asked, "How did you meet V?"

"At the library," I said, focussing on the light posts as we walked on by, "I needed some help, and he helped me."

Jungkook gave a sigh, pulling me in closer to him.
"Liar," He said in my ear, "You can say that to my hyungs, but I won't have it."

I felt the blood rush into my cheeks as he clarified that he didn't buy my vague response. But still, I pressed on with my answer, "I'm not lying, I met him at the library."

"That's not the full answer, I mean."

"Why do you think that?"

He shrugged, "Guess I just know when people lie."

I rolled my eyes and wriggled out of his grasp and went up ahead of him, "I met him at the library and had a little trouble with finding a book. V helped me was all."

Fluffy's expression turned to a frown when his arms hit his side. "Hey."

"What?"

"What about me being cold?"

"What about it?"

"I don't like being cold." 

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" 

Jungkook fastened his footsteps until he was by my side once more. He then hung his arm around me, smiling with content, "This is good."

"Isn't it a bit odd to be this comfortable with someone you've met only yesterday?" I questioned him, trying to sound the least bit flustered.

"I get that question a lot." He replied, "But I think your an exception."

"Why is that?"

"Because if I'm going to walk you home everyday I figured that it would be a good excuse."

"You didn't have to walk me home, really." I said, quickening my pace. I suddenly felt guilty, making him look after me in such a short time.

"But I do." He said quietly, making me stop in my tracks.

"What?"

Jungkook turned around and looked at me, his face serious and kind, 
"I want to be around you."

--------------------------•••--------------------------------------

Haha long time no see long time no seeeeeee~ (A.K.A T.O.P) Hope you like the update and sorry for the delay!

Neauchia}