08. Timeless.

Dear Agony
Timeless
“I promise”
—— Junsu's POV

Junsu had suggested going back to Jeju, but Jaejoong had refused. As long as he didn’t have a cure he didn’t want to leave this place. Even though he didn’t trust Yunho and Changmin anymore, he was still sure that they were the only ones who could help him. And thus, he insisted on staying until they’d found a way of turning him normal again. Junsu had told Jaejoong about Yoochun, about how he learned to control electricity, but Jaejoong didn’t even dare trying. If he did and it went wrong, the thing he’d touched would kill somebody. Simple as that. Rather than trying anything, he spent his whole days in the room while Junsu sat on Yoochun’s bed and tried to think of a solution.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to think about it with Jaejoong, it was just that Jaejoong was too negative. No matter what Junsu suggested, he just shook his head. It was as if he wanted to go back to the North. Up until now, it was the only solution he could think of. But not for Junsu. He’d had a million ideas already. The one he liked the most was asking his father whether he could find a cure. His father was an excellent doctor and the hospital in Jeju had enough space to find out what was wrong with Jaejoong and find a cure.

No. Jaejoong didn’t want Junsu’s parents to know that he was a Monster – when he even wasn’t. But Junsu couldn’t force him to talk to his father. All he could do was talking to him himself, and maybe he did have answers Junsu hadn’t thought about yet. Which was why Junsu escaped off the room once again. He was sitting on Yoochun’s bed once again, and dialed his dad’s number while Yoochun was watching him out of curious eyes. After the third beep his father answered the phone.

“Junsu-ya, I’m glad you’re finally calling. I thought you totally forgot your family.” The man said, and even though his voice sounded soft Junsu couldn’t help but feel bad because he’d called to seldom. He cleared his throat, turned the loudspeaker on and sighed.

“Hey, dad. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to call recently. And I’m sorry that I’m only calling because I need your help, but…” But the man didn’t even wait until Junsu finished the sentence.

“Did something happen? Do you need a surgery? I’ll have you come back immediately!” Junsu looked at Yoochun who was grinning, but he also could see the yearning in his eyes. Of course, he didn’t have parents. When Junsu came here Yoochun had talked about his ‘mother’. Junsu wondered who that woman really was.

“No, dad, nothing happened. There’s just… I’m having this friend and something weird is happening to him, which could be because of injections and surgeries he had in the past. And I was wondering if you’d be able to create a cure.” Junsu said as careful as possible. There was a long time of silence, then his father cleared his throat.

“I’m just a doctor, Junsu-ya. We’re not creating any cures. We’re just finding out what’s wrong with the patient and then give him the medicine he needs. And some illnesses cannot be cured with medicine, so pharmacist will create new cures. It’s just that creating something like that is expensive and it will not be done for one person.” The man explained, and Junsu’s hopes dropped. But he wasn’t about to give up. “But if your friend needs help, he definitely should see a doctor. Maybe he’ll be able to help him. You can bring him here, if you want to. Like that you at least know he’s in good hands.”

Junsu looked at Yoochun who shrugged. There’s nothing to lose. Now he’d only have to convince Jaejoong to come with him. Which would be hard, he knew.

***

“I can’t believe you did this!” Jaejoong was angry. He’d turned his back at Junsu and was staring out of the window, leaning onto the sill. Junsu wasn’t in the mood to fight with him. He’d known that Jaejoong would dislike him talking to his father, and he’d still done it. There was no time to fight, they had to finally do something.

“Yes, you can. You knew that sooner or later I would talk to my dad because it’s our last chance. And you didn’t stop me from doing so, so let’s skip the senseless fighting scene and get back to what’s important: My dad said he might be able to help you. After examining you, that is. So, are you coming with me or not?” Junsu leaned onto the sill next to Jaejoong, just that while Jaejoong was looking out of the window, Junsu placed himself with his back facing the window. Jaejoong clicked his tongue, knowing that Junsu was right. Nevertheless, he shook his head.

“No. If your father knows what I’m capable of doing he will never allow you to be with me.” Junsu rolled his eyes and let out a desperate sound.

“Jaejoong, I’m 24 years old. The times when my father had control over me are long over. He’ll have to deal with it.” Jaejoong raised his head that had been looking at his fingers. Junsu could only guess why: He was afraid that if he didn’t concentrate on them he would break it. Junsu smiled. Maybe he would be able to find a way of controlling himself. After all, if that ‘beast’ was a part of him, there had to be a way he could control it.

“Can’t we ask somebody else?” Jaejoong asked desperately. Junsu thought about the idea, but finally shook his head.

“My dad is the only doctor out there that knows you’re a North fugitive. It will not be as hard to convince him of what happened. And he’s the one I trust the most. So, no, we won’t ask somebody else.” Jaejoong sighed. And Junsu grinned. He knew that with that, he had him. Jaejoong knew that Junsu was right, and he knew that Junsu would annoy him until he’d say yes. And so, he slowly nodded.

“I just hope we won’t regret this later on.” He muttered to himself and turned around, sighing again. “Fine, then. Let’s fly back and ask your dad for help.” Junsu clapped into his hands and texted Yoochun. Jaejoong curiously watched over Junsu’s shoulder. Seeing Yoochun’s number, he raised an eyebrow.

“Is he going to accompany us?” Jaejoong wondered and Junsu nodded as if it was the most natural thing. Jaejoong didn’t seem too content with the decision, but Junsu wouldn’t let him argue. Instead, he leaned in and stole himself a quick, yet sweet kiss.

***

They were sitting in the Gate, waiting for the plane to be ready to be boarded. Jaejoong was holding Junsu’s hand tightly and the younger enjoyed the feeling of the closeness after the time of separation. He the back of the elder’s hand with his thumb and listened to the music that was coming out of the headphones. Yoochun had dozed off while waiting, shoulders moving while he breathed. They’d been waiting for half an hour already, and Junsu was more than tired. But his anticipation and expectations forced him to stay awake, thinking of possible scenarios his father would react when he found out that the weird friend wasn’t Yoochun but Jaejoong. He looked at his lover, whose eyes were closed, but he knew that Jaejoong wasn’t sleeping. The grab around Junsu’s hand was too strong for Jae to have fallen asleep. Junsu leaned his head against Jaejoong’s shoulder and sighed. He really hoped his father would find a way to fix Jaejoong. Otherwise all this had been for nothing. And they’d stand at the beginning again. Without a solution.

Junsu’s thoughts were interrupted when a loud voice sounded through the hall, telling the passengers that the plane was ready for boarding. Junsu softly woke Yoochun up. He looked at the younger man out of sleepy eyes and yawned before standing up and approaching the queue with the couple. He muttered something about them being so cute it was disgusting before crashing into a girl in front of him. The girl stumbled and when she fell, all her things fell with her. The inside of her bag was completely spread on the ground. Yoochun quickly got on his knees to help her, but he hissed at him not to touch her things and put them back in her back, looking obviously annoyed and angry. After Yoochun apologized several times, he got back in line and sighed. Junsu comforted him, telling him that it could’ve happened to anyone, and gave him a comforting smile. Yoochun nodded. None of them noticed how quiet Jaejoong was during that whole time.

***

Junho and Junsu’s mom awaited them at the airport. The woman rushed towards his son and hugged him tightly, tears streaming down her face as she said something about motherly instincts and how she worried the whole time. Junsu hugged her and tried to comfort her by saying that he’d been fine, when he knew that it was a lie. The last few days had been okay, Jaejoong had been hugging and kissing him like before, but they still had a huge problem to solve. After also hugging Junho, who seemed to be a little pissed- which was reasonable, for Junsu hadn’t talked to him since the drama with Jae had started- his twin eyed Yoochun. When he remembered he didn’t know anybody, he bowed and introduced himself. Junho nodded a little, leaned towards Junsu and whispered: “So that’s the friend?” He asked, and Junsu lightly shook his head. But before Junho could go on asking, he said: “Could we talk it through later?” Even though his brother would like to know it all now, he still nodded and gave his brother a smile.

The limousine stood in front of the airport- one of the benefits of being rich- and the driver opened the door for the five of them. When they’d all taken place on the inside- Jaejoong next to Junsu, holding his hand tightly- Junsu’s mom insisted on hearing everything that happened when they were away. Junsu looked at Yoochun and Jaejoong. Both were looking at the ground, obviously avoiding that question. “It was good,” Junsu finally said, but it wasn’t like his mother was content with that. He sighed. “Mom, we’re really tired. Can’t we talk about it later?” He asked, and even though his mother looked disappointed she still nodded and shared a look with Junho. So his dad had been talking to the two of them. And of course both of them thought Yoochun was that weird friend Junsu had been talking about. He really was afraid of how they’d react when finding out it was Jaejoong.

The car came to a halt right on front of the huge house, and while Jaejoong had gotten used to its size and looks, Yoochun’s eyes widened upon seeing it. He leaned over to Junsu: “Only your family is living there?”

Junsu nodded a little and gave Yoochun a smile. “My dad’s a heart surgeon, and he’s really good at it.” He explained, but Yoochun didn’t even listen. Instead, he stared at the huge house in front of him, and Jaejoong remembered the first time he’d been standing in front of the house. He looked at Junsu; it had also been the first time of his whole life where he’d been truly happy. And the place where he’d experienced his first kiss. Even though this house was far from being his home, it was a house he liked. He felt safe there. Happy, at some point.

But not so this time. When he crossed threshold, he felt fear, anger and sadness. Nothing compared to the happiness he’d felt when crossing it for the first time. He squeezed Junsu’s hand a little, and the younger gave him a small smile.

Even though Junsu’s mother had given Yoochun and Jaejoong two guest rooms, Junsu insisted on sharing a room with his lover, since it’d be strange living in separate rooms after living together for such a long time. They’d cuddled up on the bed, Junsu’s head resting on Jaejoong’s chest, while Jaejoong was talking and talking about that it didn’t make any sense and how he couldn’t have come in the first place. After he’d repeated it for the hundredth time, Junsu grew tired of it.

“Jaejoong, stop,” he said, raising his head for looking into Jae’s eyes. “It hasn’t been senseless. Dad will find a way to fix you. And then we’ll find an apartment nearby and everything will be like it was before Yunho showed up.”

Jaejoong shook his head, doubting. “Can you promise it?” He asked, and Junsu bit onto his lower lip. No, he couldn’t. How should he promise something like that, something he didn’t even fully believe himself?

“I promise,” he muttered before leaning in to kiss Jaejoong’s lips.

the writer's words

Sorry that I made you guys wait so long x.x I've had a hard time last week writing anything, I don't know why. However, my mood is (slightly) up, because Team A finally won the judge's votws and the viewer votes. Still, I'm so afraid of the 3rd battle x.x Also, I'm anticipating Taeyang's comeback, so I guess you guys can await a Youngbae fic of me! :D Nevertheless, I'm not going to forget about this story, promised! I'll try to upload more often again, for I have holidays now! *3* Thank you guys a lot for reading! :) ♥

< a tori creation >