01. Dear Agony

Dear Agony
Dear Agony
“It was worth it.”
—— Jaejoong's POV

His heart was beating fast as he was standing at the airport, a single rose in his hands. There were many people holding flowers and posters to welcome their loved ones, but Jaejoong had felt strange buying a whole bouquet. Even though Junsu was all he ever wanted, it was strange for other people that they loved each other. Junsu had made clear that he didn’t care about the others at all, but Jaejoong still felt uneasy with presenting their love publicly.

All those worries were gone when he saw a specific redhead walking through the door, looking tired. No wonder he was tired, after all his flight has gone at four in the morning and he had to be at the airport two hours before that. Even though the younger had dark circles under his eyes, he looked perfect to Jaejoong. His heart skipped a few beats upon seeing him, which was crazy, really. They had been together for half a year now, and Jaejoong still couldn’t get used to him. Used to being with him.

And he knew that Junsu felt the same. When his eyes found Jaejoong’s, his expression lightened up immediately and he dropped his bag for running towards the elder. Jaejoong grinned when Junsu hugged him, and tried hard not to break the rose. He kissed his lovers cheek and gave him the flower. He usually waited with flowers for Junsu, but it was the first time that it had been a rose. Junsu grinned and stole himself a short kiss, well knowing that people around them were staring. He didn’t bother. “I missed you,” he admitted and took another kiss, chuckling as doing so. Jaejoong looked into his eyes and smiled. Junsu was the only person that managed to make him smile like that.

“I missed you, too.” He whispered and pointed at the bag. “And now, give me your bag, I’m standing in the no-parking zone.” The younger chuckled again, gave Jaejoong his bag and took his hand, smelling the flower while letting Jae lead him to the car.

“Found a job?” He asked as he put his seatbelt on. Jaejoong started the engine and nodded. “I have, I’m a bartender- or something similar to that. I clean the dishes. But it’s better than nothing.” Junsu sighed. He had wanted to organize a work place for Jaejoong nearby, so that he would be able to visit him every now and then, but he had refused. Junsu understood him, however. After all, he knew the stories about the North. He looked at Jaejoong. He should be happy with what he had instead of complaining. Maybe, in a few years, they’d be able to move to Seoul or Busan together. He’d like that.

“I was working before you came, so I couldn’t tidy up. I hope that’s okay with you?” Junsu nodded. Even though they weren’t officially living together, all his clothes were in Jaejoong’s small apartment. It was natural that after he came back from the army, he would first go to Jaejoong’s place that had happened to be his ‘home’ instead of visiting Junho and his parents. Even though Junsu knew that they weren’t exactly against the relationship, they would’ve felt better if Junsu had brought a girl home.

***

They got out of the car and Junsu stretched his muscles while Jaejoong got his bag and opened the door to the apartment. It had two rooms, a small bathroom that had barely space for two people and a kitchen. But Junsu loved it here; he would’ve loved it everywhere if Jaejoong was there.

“Are you hungry?”, Jaejoong asked, dropping the bag next to his shoes. Junsu shook his head and yawned, taking Jae’s hand. “No, not yet. For now, let’s go to bed.” Jaejoong nodded and soon they were lying in bed next to each other. Junsu had curled up to the side, head resting on Jaejoongs chest while the elder played with his hair with one hand while the other held Junsu’s hand tightly. Even though Junsu was incredibly tired, he didn’t want to sleep. Every minute that he didn’t spend with Jaejoong seemed to be wasted time. And thus, he forced himself to stay awake. That was, until Jaejoong’s hand stopped playing with his hair. He had fallen asleep. Junsu raised his head and smiled at the sight of the sleeping Jaejoong. Before closing his eyes himself, he lightly kissed Jaejoongs cheek.

***

When he awoke, the first thing he did was reaching out for Jaejoong. However, the bed was empty, and Junsu blinked confused. Where did he go? Rubbing his eyes, he sat up and yawned. Like that, he crawled out of bed and stumbled towards the door. The first thing he noticed when he opened it was the smell of pancakes. A smile crept onto his lips as he made his way towards the kitchen, seeing Jaejoong making the pancakes he’d smelled. When he noticed Junsu entering the room, he immediately smiled and pointed at the plate with pancakes.

“Hungry?” He asked and Junsu nodded, hugging Jaejoong from behind while nibbling on a pancake. Jae, on the other hand, stopped cooking and turned around, kissing Junsu’s forehead.

“We’re having dinner with your parents today, right?” Thinking about it, Junsu pouted. It wasn’t that he disliked his parents or something, he just wanted to spend his time with Jaejoong alone. After all, they only had two weeks until he had to head back to the army. “Yes, I guess.”

Jaejoong grinned, looking at the clock. “That means we’re having enough time for ourselves until then. Tell me, what do you want to do?”

Junsu’s gaze wandered to the window. Upon seeing the sun shining brightly and the people walking around in shorts and tops, he easily made his decision.

“Let’s go to the beach!”

***

Jaejoong was lying on a towel, watching Junsu burying his feet in the wet sand that would be washed away from the waves a second later. Junsu had gotten rid of his shirt and was standing in the water for about half an hour now. To Jaejoong, it was the most fascinating sight ever. He couldn’t imagine to have seen something that beautiful before. Behind Junsu, the water was glittering in the sun, and it seemed as if the boy was shining. He got on his feet and approached Junsu, sitting down next to him. The water was cold, but warm enough to handle. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Junsu asked, his eyes sparkling as he looked at Jaejoong. He nodded, looking at the horizon.

“Let’s go swimming!” Junsu exclaimed, took Jaejoongs hand and shot up, dragging the elder into the cold water. He had goose bumps when the water touched his stomach, but Junsu pressed himself to Jaejoong and wrapped his arms around his waist. Even though their bodies were cold, Jaejoong could feel his skin becoming hot under Junsu’s touch. He raised his hands and cupped Junsu’s face in them before leaning down into a kiss. Junsu returned the kiss as if it was the most natural thing to do, but they both quickly pulled away. Jaejoong looked around, but nobody bothered about what they did. There weren’t many people to bother, anyway. And thus, he kissed Junsu again, with more passion this time. 

***

Their hair was still wet when they arrived at Junsu’s house. They were laughing and holding hands, Junsu was complaining about how Jaejoong had drowned him without any warning. His red hair was shining in the sun and made him look like an angel. They rang the bell together, and laughed after that. But their laughter died when Junsu’s mother opened the door. Even though she was a nice woman, both of them felt uneasy when Junsu’s parents were around. They didn’t care about Junho, but it was strange showing their feelings in front of his parents. The woman, who was more than happy to see Junsu, embraced her son and kissed him several times, before also hugging Jaejoong and telling him that it was good to see him. He instantly wondered how much of that was true, but still returned the words and let her lead them into the dining room- yes, they had a huge room that was only there for having dinner. Junsu took a seat next to Junho, and Jaejoong decided to sit down next to Junsu’s mother, while his father was sitting at the head of the table. He greeted the boys with a smile on his lips, but Jaejoong couldn’t help but feel unwelcomed. Maybe because he knew what would’ve happened to him in the North for loving a boy. He closed his eyes. He wasn’t in the north anymore. Junsu and his parents had a lot to talk about, and even though Jaejoong listened carefully, he couldn’t remember even one thing of the conversation when Junsu declared that it was time for them to go. His mother, who asked his son whether he would be staying at Jaejoong’s overnight and whether that was really okay with Jae, accompanied the two of them to the door and hugged them instead of saying good bye. When she’d closed the door, Junsu looked up at Jaejoong and grinned. “I’m glad my parents like you,” he said, kissing him lightly. Jaejoong nodded. They did like him, so why couldn’t he get rid of that uncomfortable feeling when he met them?

***

They had just reached the apartment and cuddled up in a blanket on the couch, watching one of the dramas Junsu loved so much, when the bell rang. Jaejoong looked at Junsu with a frown on his face. He didn’t know any people that would come to meet him, he’d never told anybody where he lived. “Do you expect somebody?”, he asked Junsu, who shook his head. Jaejoong curiously got up, told Junsu that he’d be back in a minute and opened the door.

Right in front of him, he could make out a familiar figure. His eyes widened as the man opposing him gave him a smile. “Long time no see, Jaejoong-ah.”

Jaejoong didn’t know whether he should laugh or cry, he just stared at the man with widened eyes and opened mouth. “Yunho?” He finally asked, and the man laughed.

“I knew you wouldn’t forget me.”

the writer's words

So, that's been the first chapter. Did you like it? I know it's fluffy as , but I won't be able to make it too cute in the next chapters, so I decided on putting as much fluff in it as possible! :D If you enjoyed reading it, please subscribe and leave a comment. No silent readers, please! :) Anyways, thanks for reading! :) ♥

< a tori creation >