It's You

The Fact

 

Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions!!! I appreciate it more than you guys know :D

[Song: It's You - Michelle Branch]

 

Heejin leaned back in her chair in her “office” aka sewing room, finishing up work for Designer Park for the New York fashion week. Designer Park had given her merely a few weeks to make his creations reality, which was extremely difficult since Designer Park was a perfectionist and constantly asked Heejin to adjust things.

 

She rubbed her eyes and took a break. She had barely slept these past few days because she had been basically working 18-hour days just so she could finish everything.

 

“You look tired.”

 

Heejin looked up to see Doojoon leaning on the doorframe. She silently cursed herself for not wearing makeup for the first time since starting at Cube. “Shouldn’t you be resting? Rough couple of weeks for you.” Beast had been traveling around Asia doing promotions and fan meetings.

 

He walked in and sat on a nearby table. “I could say the same to you.”

 

She shook her head and smiled. “I’m alright. I just need to get these outfits done and then I can sleep for a week.”

 

“You always did sleep like you were hibernating,” he teased.

 

“Hey!” But she couldn’t think of a good response because it was true; almost nothing woke her up when she slept after being tired.

 

Doojoon set down a cup of coffee, iced with skim milk and 2 sugars, just the way Heejin liked it. “Don’t work yourself too hard.”

 

Heejin watched Doojoon leave. That’s the guy I fell in love with.She missed him the most when she was tired; he always knew exactly what she needed. Even though Hyunshik tried, they hadn’t gotten to the point where he knew everything about her, her likes and dislikes, her habits.

 

A few days later Heejin finally finished the clothes for designer Park. She had just presented them to him and gotten his approval to fit the models and do touch-ups. Luckily that could be done in a few days so Heejin got a break.

 

She headed to G.NA’s first fitting for her comeback. As she finished the fitting and told G.NA she could change back into her clothes, Heejin suddenly felt dizzy. Must be the lack of sleep. Thank goodness I can go home soon. Heejin chugged some water to get rid of the spinning that was going on in her head.

 

Next thing she knew, a voice was yelling out her name and everything went black.

 

Doojoon paced outside of the hospital room, waiting for the doctor to come out and let them know the news. Hyunshik rushed there as soon as he heard what happened as well as the rest of Beast. Hyunshik was shocked when he got a call from Doojoon telling him Heejin was in the hospital. He knew she had been working hard lately, but didn’t know she hadn’t been taking care of herself.

 

Doojoon was passing the fitting room when he saw Heejin and was about to say hi when she suddenly collapsed. He immediately rushed over, calling her name, but she was unresponsive. An ambulance came right away and he escorted them to the hospital.

 

Why are they taking so long? I knew she shouldn’t have worked so hard. I should have forced her to slow down or talked to designer Park for her. A million thoughts ran through Doojoon’s head as he waited.

 

Heejin opened her eyes slowly and adjusted to the lighting of the room. Where am I?She glanced around and was about to move when she felt someone holding her hand. Heejin looked at her right hand and saw Doojoon sleeping while gripping her hand.

 

She tried to think of a way to loosen his grip without waking up but failed as he stirred and lifted his head.

 

“You’re awake?” He immediately sat up once he saw her eyes open.

 

She nodded. “What happened?”

 

“You fainted at the end of G.NA noona’s fitting. The doctor said it was because you were sleep deprived and slightly malnutritioned. Have you not been eating?”

 

Heejin smiled sheepishly. “Sometimes I get too busy and forget.”

 

“How can you forget? You shouldn’t take on so much work and neglect your health,” he scolded.

 

“Sorry to make you worry, oppa, but I have a few days off anyway so I’ll be as good as new.” Heejin realized Doojoon was still holding her hand and slipped it out.

 

He looked down as she took her hand back. “Hyunshik was here earlier, but he had to leave for work. So was the rest of Beast. They’re all really worried about you. The doctor said you should stay in the hospital for another night so they’ll be back later to visit.”

 

She nodded. “Don’t you have a schedule too?”

 

“I cancelled it to stay with you.”

 

“You shouldn’t have. I’m fine, really.”

 

Seeing Heejin lying in that hospital bed broke his heart. How could he bare to leave her? Waiting for the news from the doctor brought back a flood of memories. They say life flashes before your eyes in times of crisis and it did for him, but instead of his own life, memories of Heejin appeared. In those moments of panic, Doojoon realized he couldn’t let her go. In his heart of hearts, he knew they were meant to be, that she would forever be the one for him.

 

“Oppa, you should go home and rest. It couldn’t have been comfortable sleeping by my bed,” Heejin said the next day as Doojoon helped her into her apartment. Hyunshik was scheduled to travel to Shanghai for work for a few days and Heejin refused to let him cancel it so Doojoon took charge of taking care of her, to which Hyunshik was grateful for.

 

“No,” he replied firmly, “I’m going to take care of you to make sure this never happens again. You scared everyone half to death.”

 

She rolled her eyes as he led her onto the couch as if she was a crippled person. “Really, I’m okay,” she tried again.

 

“You obviously are not if you were just in the hospital. Now sit while I prepare some beef and vegetable juk for you.” He headed into the kitchen and put away the groceries he had bought before picking her up from the hospital.

 

“You know how to make that?” Heejin was skeptical. Doojoon was good at cooking the basics, but that’s it. He was terrible at making new types of food, especially the first time.

 

“It’s easy. I looked it up online.”

 

Even though she felt like they were going to have to order food later, Heejin took out her iPad, checked her e-mail, and started sketching some new designs.

 

Doojoon finished making food and was about to call Heejin over when he saw that she had fallen asleep. He went over and put a blanket on her, afraid she’ll be cold with the air condition on.

 

He couldn’t help but brush the hair away from her face and want so badly to be sleeping next to her. Doojoon looked at her peaceful face. I love you Heejin-ah. I did before and I always will. He ignored the incredible guilt he felt towards Hyuna. He knew Heejin was the one and while Hyuna was an amazing girl and she did everything right, she just wasn’t…Heejin.

 

Heejin suddenly shifted and opened her eyes, taken aback that Doojoon was so close to her. “What are you doing?”

 

“Uh…you fell asleep so I put a blanket on you.”

 

She squinted at him, not really believing it. “Oh.”

 

“Anyway, food’s done. Come eat.”

 

After lunch, the two sat on the couch, each doing their own thing. Heejin was surfing the internet researching the latest trends while Doojoon flipped through the television trying to find a soccer game.

 

“Are you really going to just hang around here until Hyunshik oppa gets back? He’s not coming back for 2 days.”

 

“Of course I am! Obviously without someone watching you, you don’t take care of yourself.”

 

Heejin rolled her eyes. She wasn’t a little kid and she felt bad that Doojoon was giving up his free time to watch over her.

 

“Won’t Hyuna mind?”

 

Doojoon paused. Hyuna had called him earlier when they were eating lunch and he excused himself to go talk to her. He didn’t mean to but he lied about being with Heejin. Doojoon could only imagine how she would react if she knew what he was really doing.

 

“No, she’s very understanding.”

 

Heejin looked at him. “You act if I don’t know Hyuna. You didn’t tell her, did you?”

 

Doojoon didn’t answer.

 

She sighed and went back to her iPad. “It’s not good to lie early in the relationship. It’ll come back to haunt you.”

 

“Do you tell Hyunshik hyung everything?”

 

Heejin nodded as she scrolled through a page.

 

“Everything? Even everything about us?”

 

Her finger stopped moving. “Not everything. There are some things he’d be better off not knowing, but he knows enough.” She continued to scroll.

 

“Why don’t you tell him?”

 

She looked at him, confused. “Why are you asking?”

 

“Just answer.” To Doojoon, Heejin was sometimes easy to figure out. He knew a lot about her. But sometimes she was difficult to read. She could hide her feelings very well if she wanted to.

 

“Because it’s not relevant to my relationship with him and knowing…certain details would only hurt him.”

 

“You told meeverything about all the guys before me,” He wanted to corner her, to see if she felt the same as he did.

 

“That’s different.”

 

“Why is it different? You told me before that everything you saw in me, you see in him too so how is his relationship different from what we had?”

 

Heejin put the iPad down on the coffee table in front of them. “What are you really trying to ask, oppa?” Doojoon was never too good with mind tricks.

 

“Just that. How am I different from him?’

 

“Is everything okay? Are you and Hyuna going through some problems?” Heejin thought after so many years of liking him, maybe Hyuna’s expectations were too great for Doojoon. Or maybe Hyuna’s seen all the nice things Hyunshik’s done for Heejin and am jealous since Doojoon doesn’t have much time to be with her.

 

“Everything’s fine.”

 

“Okay…well, Hyunshik oppa’s not too different from you.” Heejin thought for a moment. “You’re both really caring and observant, like after you watched me order coffee for the first time, you knew exactly how I like it from then on. You both really care about your friends and family. You’d do anything for them. You’re both very ambitious and set high goals for yourselves. But…”

 

“But?” Doojoon unconsciously held his breath waiting for her but.

 

“Don’t get me wrong, Hyunshik oppa’s amazing. But he just doesn’t…get me the way you did. You know how I do that girl thing where I say one thing but really mean another? He hasn’t learned that I do that yet. And when we’re out at night and sometimes it gets chilly, he hasn’t learned to always bring a jacket for me like you used to even though you’d be sweating the whole time wearing it,” Heejin chuckled at that memory, “When we’re in the car and there’s a speed bump or a sharp stop, he doesn’t reach over to make sure I don’t lurch forward like you did.” Heejin had a slight smile on her face as she reminisced, but suddenly stopped, realizing what she was saying. “But those are all things he can learn with time. They’re not a big deal.”

 

He smiled. “Komawo.”

 

“For what?”

 

For letting me know I did some things right with my first love.”

 

Heejin chuckled awkwardly at the words ‘first love.’ “I’m hungry. It’s already 6, let’s eat! I’m craving ramen so much!” She got up and quickly left for the kitchen.

 

Doojoon sat there for a moment smiling. If there’s even the slightest chance I can win you back, Heejin, I’m going to take it. You just confirmed my belief that you still think of me and of us.