Mistake

The Fact

 

Sorry for the long wait! Did you guys hear about Doojoon & Gayoon?! Ahh, my heart broke :( Wonder if it's true.....Anyway, enjoy! :)

[Song: Mistake - SNSD]

 

Hyunshik was working at his office when his secretary told him someone was here to see him.

 

“Hyuna?” He looked up to see the young idol walking in.

 

“Hyunshik oppa, sorry to come without telling you first. Are you busy?”

 

He actually was but Hyuna’s one of Heejin’s friends so he lied and gestured for her to sit on the chair in front of his desk.

 

“I don’t want to take up too much of your time so I’ll just get to the point.”

 

Hyunshik nodded, confused at what could have made Hyuna come to his office.

 

“You know I’m dating Doojoon oppa, right?”

 

“Heejin mentioned it before.”

 

“And you know about their past, right?”

 

“Mhm.” Hyunshik was becoming more and more confused. Why is she bringing that up?

 

“I’ve loved Doojoon oppa for years and I know how much you love Heejin unni, which is why I wanted to let you know…” She paused just like she practiced earlier to make herself seem hesitant to reveal this piece of information.

 

“Know what?” He took the bait.

 

“I don’t know if I should tell you this, but I feel like something’s going on between them. They’ve been a lot closer lately and knowing how crazy they were for each other back then, I think some of the old feelings have come back.” Hyuna paused and analyzed Hyunshik’s shocked face. “I just wanted to let you know since you don’t see them together as much as I do. I’m sure you don’t want to lose Heejin unni just as much as I don’t want to lose oppa so I wanted you to know and do everything you can to keep her with you.”

 

Hyunshik’s head was spinning. A variety of emotions came over him: surprise, anger, sadness, confusion. He didn’t know what to say or think.

 

Hyuna got up from her seat. “I’ll leave you alone to process what I just told you. It was a huge shock to me too.” She took out a piece of paper and pen from her bag and scribbled something on it before putting it on his desk. “If you need anything or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me. We’re in the same boat, fighting for the people we love so let’s work together, okay?”

 

He didn’t respond.

 

“Okay…I’m going to go. Please don’t tell unni I told you this, she’d be really angry with me. Bye, oppa.” She bowed slightly and left the room, satisfied with what had occurred and Hyunshik’s reaction.

 

Hyunshik sat at his desk for a few minutes before quickly grabbing his car keys and cellphone.

 

Heejin held her sketchbook in one hand as she felt a roll of fabric with the other. She was at the fabric store to buy new material for the last set of United Cube outfits.

 

It’s going to be summer so it’ll be hot. I should buy some breathable material. She moved to the next aisle, looking for better material. Ah, what if it rains? Should I get some fabrics that won’t cling to the body when wet?She backtracked to a different aisle, trying to figure out which fabrics go with which outfits.

 

Heejin suddenly bumped into someone while she was looking at her sketchbook. “I’m sor—” She stopped when she saw who it was. “Hyunshik oppa? What are you doing here?”

 

Hyunshik looked down at her and smiled softly. “I wanted to surprise you.”

 

“Surprise me?” She was confused. “How did you even know where I was?”

 

“I called Designer Park and asked. I also asked him to give you a few days off.”

 

Heejin widened her eyes. “Why?”

 

“I’m taking you on a mini-vacation.”

 

“I can’t, there’s so much work to be done for the concert. Designer Park wouldn’t let me take a day off, never mind multiple days.”

 

Hyunshik smiled brightly. “He did when I asked and told him I’d find him 2 people to replace you free of charge.”

 

“Where are you going to find these 2 people?” Heejin crossed her arms, skeptical.

 

“I’ll have my secretary get on that. Anyway, let’s go. We’re leaving tonight.” He grabbed her hand and led her to his car.

 

“Going where?”

 

He opened the car door for her. “Hawaii.”

 

Heejin spun around with open. “Hawaii? You’re joking.”

 

Hyunshik shook his head. “Nope, you’re been working so hard and you told me you always wanted to go so…I thought this was the perfect opportunity.”

 

Once both of them were in the car, Heejin asked, “But what about your work? I thought you guys were really busy with your annual budgets due soon.”

 

“It can be done when I get back. I’m going to drop you off at your place and then go to mine to pack. I’ll pick you up at 5PM for our flight.”

 

Heejin couldn’t believe it. She had mentioned wanting to go to Hawaii to Hyunshik before, but she didn’t think it would happen so soon.

 

Once Hyunshik dropped her off, he sped to his place. I can’t lose you Heejin, I really can’t.

 

As Heejin was packing, Fiction started playing from her phone. She sighed, knowing very well it was probably Doojoon.

 

“Why are you not back yet?” He asked before she could even say hello.

 

“Hyunshik oppa and I are going on vacation,” she replied as she balanced the phone between her ear and shoulder while folding a dress to put into her luggage.

 

“What?! How can you go on a vacation with him when the concert’s in a week?”

 

“Oppa worked it out with Designer Park and I’ll be back by Sunday. I have to go pack. We’re leaving in an hour.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Nowhere you can go.”

 

“Yah, just tell me.”

 

“Why? It doesn’t matter and it’s not like you can take a break right now to follow me.”

 

She was right and he knew it. No matter where she was going, he couldn’t afford the time to follow her. “Fine, can you just let me know when you’re coming back at least?”

 

“I don’t know exactly. He surprised me and I don’t really know any of the details. I’m hanging up, oppa. I’ll see you when I get back!” Before Doojoon could respond, she already hung up. A get-away with Hyunshik oppa is just what I need. Sorry, Doojoon oppa.

 

As Heejin and Hyunshik sat in their first class seats, Heejin looked out the window as they pulled down the runway.

 

“Are you excited?” Hyunshik asked as he took her hand.

 

She beamed and nodded.

 

“I have lots planned for us. It’ll be everything anyone would want to do in Hawaii.” He called his secretary while he was packing and asked her to arrange all the best hotels and activities for their stay.

 

Heejin adjusted herself and put her head on his shoulder as the plane began takeoff. Hyunshik kissed the top of head and laid his on top of hers as she said, “Oppa, you’re the best. I’m so glad I’m with you.”

 

Those simple words made everything all worthwhile for him.

 

The next 4 days were pure bliss for them. Hyunshik did everything he could to make sure she was happy and succeeded since Doojoon never once crossed her mind.

 

They visited Pearl Harbor, hiked to Manoa Falls and played under the waterfall, laid out at Waikiki Beach, snorkled at the Hanauma Bay, surfed and wwakeboarded on the various beaches in Honolulu, and dined out in the beautiful sunset every night. It was magical and completely like a dream. All the moments and laughter they had together only made Heejin like Hyunshik even more and be certain of her decision to be with him.

 

On their last night, Hyunshik set up dinner on a secluded part of the beach and surprised her with a dozen roses.

 

Afterwards, they held hands and strolled down the warm beach.

 

“Heejin-ah,” Hyunshik said softly.

 

Heejin stared out at the ocean and answered, “Hmm?”

 

“I know he still has a part of your heart and he might always be, but do you think you can make just a little room for me?”

 

She turned towards him as he looked straight ahead. She knew who he was talking about without him saying it. Heejin had never seen Hyunshik so sad before and it broke her heart to know she was the reason for her sadness. “Oppa…”

 

“If you feel even an ounce of what I feel for you, then give me a chance. I promise to try to never make you sad, to always be there when you need me, to never let you down,” he turned and looked into her eyes, “In this short amount of time, I’ve fallen sohard for you. You’re one of the best people I have ever met and it scares me that I could lose you at any moment.”

 

Heejin suddenly hugged him. “Don’t say any more. You’re not going to lose me.”

 

Hyunshik hugged her back tightly and rested his chin on top of her head. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too, oppa,” Heejin replied. Part of her, the rational part, believed it was true. That part wantedit to be true and knew that with time, it was possible. But the other part, that small voice still lingering around, told her that the majority of her heart will always belong to another. That was the voice Heejin was determined to crush. Hyunshik oppa is my happily ever after. Please let me completely let go of Doojoon oppa.