You

The Fact

 

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement!!! :) I'm actually trying to finish this story up because another story keeps running through my head and I know if I start that one, I'll never be able to finish this one lol. So advanced apologies if the next few chapters seemed rushed or sudden!

[Song: You - Beast]

 

“Wow, hyung! You brought all this? What’s the occasion? You never buy us food.” Dongwoon eyed the large number of packages of take-out food Doojoon had suddenly brought in during a late night meeting for the United Cube concert. They were going over all the logistics, stage layout, outfit changes, set list, etc.

 

Doojoon began taking out all the small containers inside. “Yah, don’t touch it yet. Some stuff’s not for you guys.”

 

He began organizing everything on a nearby table as the coordinators had their meeting in the conference room next door regarding the set list. Artists weren’t required to attend any meetings except the ones for stage layout and outfits. They were supposed to be at practice but Beast was taking a small break.

 

After taking everything out, Doojoon went to his bag and took out 2 containers he had brought from home. In one, he filled it with kimbap and steamed sweet potatoes. In the other, he put rice with peas arranged in the shape of a heart on top, kalbi, and seafood pancake. He smiled at his own creation. Perfect.

 

The meeting had just let out and Doojoon told everyone to help themselves to the food he had bought. The hungry staff and idols quickly gathered around the food and devoured it all, thanking Doojoon for being so considerate of them.

 

Heejin was busy on the side, writing reminders to herself after the meeting. There was still so much to do in the next few days and she couldn’t afford to forget anything.

 

She looked to her right as she felt someone sit down on the floor next to her.

 

“You should eat. I saw you didn’t have much for dinner.” Doojoon brought out the 2 containers from earlier and began opening them.

 

As soon as Heejin saw what was inside, she was tempted to eat it since they were all her favorites, but refused to give in. She put the lids back on and pushed the containers back towards him. “It’s okay. I’m not hungry.”

 

“Heejin-ah, I made this just for you. Even though I didn’t have time to personally cook it all, this is still the first dorisak I’ve made for anyone. The least you can do is humor me and try it.”

 

Heejin felt a little bad and was going to say she’ll just try a little of it when Hyuna suddenly yelled Doojoon’s name upon entering the room and came over.

 

“Oppa, our rehearsal ended late and it looks like everyone ate everything. I’m so hungry.” Hyuna pouted and rubbed her stomach, looking at the empty table where the food used to be.

 

Heejin stood up and held the containers. “Doojoon oppa was just showing me the dorisak he made for you. He saved plenty of food for you.” She handed Hyuna the boxes.

 

Doojoon stood up too, “That—”

 

“Oppa, komawo! You’re the best!” Hyuna gave him a big hug and Heejin slipped away as Doojoon hugged Hyuna back hesitantly while watching Heejin walk away.

 

The next morning Heejin had to get up to finish adjustments President Hong wanted the night before. She had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before and had been sewing for 2 hours already.

 

“Ow!” Heejin felt a small stab of pain and looked at her finger. “Damn it.” She rummaged through her bag to find a band-aid for the prick the machine had made on her index finger. I should have been more careful. I hate cuts on my hand, it’s the worst feeling.

 

Aha! Found it. Heejin took out the band-aid from her purse. Suddenly someone grabbed the band-aid out of her hand and she looked up to see Doojoon. “Oppa, give it back. I need it.” She put out her uninjured hand for him to hand it back to her.

 

He didn’t say anything and simply sat down next to her, grabbing her index finger. “You should be more careful.”

 

“I can do it myself.” She tried taking her finger back, but Doojoon held on tight.

 

“Stop moving.” He carefully placed the band-aid around her finger.

 

Heejin couldn’t help but watch him closely as he helped her. Heart, you need to stop beating so quickly right now. Brain, you need to stop digging up old memories of him.

 

Doojoon smiled. “There, all better.”

 

His smile and proximity suddenly confused your heart for a moment, but luckily Junhyung appeared. “Doojoon-ah, time for practice!”

 

Heejin and Doojoon quickly turned toward the door, surprised at the voice.

 

“Araso.” Doojoon got up and began following Junhyung out.

 

Heejin turned back to the sewing machine and started it up again.

 

“Try not to get hurt while I’m gone, okay?” Doojoon said as he paused at the door before leaving.

 

Heejin sighed when she was alone. “Oppa, please stop making this difficult.”

 

For the next few days, Doojoon was very persistent. Because of preparations for the United Cube concert, the two of them saw each other even more. To others, Doojoon was attentive to Heejin simply because of her fainting incident. However, Heejin was getting tired of Doojoon’s attempts. He was constantly there, bringing her coffee, making sure she wasn’t working too hard, basically at her beck and call and she hated it.

 

Heejin finally couldn’t take it and pulled him aside.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you going to give in to your feelings finally?” Doojoon was half-joking, half-hoping.

 

Heejin rolled her eyes. “Oppa, you’re becoming really overbearing. You forget, you’re still with Hyuna and I’m still with Hyunshik oppa. You also forget, you’re an idol and that comes with its limitations. I left that industry for a reason and I don’t want to be dragged back in. So for the sake of preventing scandal and drama, just stop.”

 

“I’m going to break up with Hyuna.”

 

Heejin’s eyes widened and she shook her head. “What?! That’s not what I meant!”

 

“I never should have been with her in the first place. Seeing you move on, I just wanted to prove to you that I could too. But I couldn’t, my heart didn’t let me move on for one moment.” Doojoon grabbed Heejin’s arms and stared deeply into her eyes. “I love you.”

 

She stood in shock for a moment, before her rational side took over and she brushed his hands off her. “Beast’s leader Yoon Doojoon shouldn’t act like this over a girl. Let me go and leave me alone.” She her heels and quickly walked away.

 

Doojoon watched her with furrowed eyebrows. I’m not going to give up on you, Heejin. I see the hesitation in your eyes.He left to go back to the dorm to rest.

 

Little did both of them know, Hyuna had forgotten something in the meeting room and had gone back to get it, overhearing their conversation by accident.

 

I knew it, she thought, All the nice things he’s been doing for unni wasn’t out of friendship, but out of love. I thought I could make him forget, but I guess he never did, not even for one second. Oppa, you told me she was a part of your past. How could you lie to me?Her heart broke a little before anger suddenly overcame her. Yoon Doojoon, I’m not letting you go. Just wait. You won’t be with unni if I can help it.