Always For You

The Fact

 

[Song: Always For You - Michelle Featherstone]

 

A girl walked into Cube Entertainment, portfolio in hand, ready for her first day of work.

 

“Excuse me,” she went up to the receptionist, “I’m here to see President Hong.”

 

She looked up at the young lady. Must be another trainee. The girl was cute and looked young with big eyes full of naiveté and medium-length brown hair with side-swept bangs. She was petite and not more than 165cm. “Do you have an appointment?” I hope it’s not another one of those girls who thinks she can get in to see the president simply based on looks.

 

“I should, my name’s Kim Heejin.”

 

The receptionist pulled up the president’s schedule and checked for her name. Lucky for her, it was actually there. “Take the elevators to the top floor and follow the signs to the president’s office.”

 

“Kamsahamnida,” she bowed slightly and went to the elevators.

 

“It’s almost lunchtime, did you decide what you want to eat today?” Another female worker came up to the receptionist, “Was that Heejin?”

 

The receptionist looked at her confused, “How do you know her name?”

 

The older female shook her head, “This is how people can tell you’re newly hired. She was a JYP trainee, one of his most promising. No one picked up singing and dancing as fast as she did. Heejin was recruited from New York City when she was 15. JYP was actually thinking of putting her in the Wonder Girls after only a year of training but decided she’d do better as a solo artist.”

 

“Better than the Wonder Girls as a soloartist?”

 

“Shocking, isn’t it? Makes you wonder how much potential she had. I heard she wasn’t only talented but beautiful and naturally charismatic. Barely needed any training on normal etiquette on variety shows. Before even discussion of debuting even began, she had a fanbase already. People were really anticipating her.”

 

“If she’s so great, then why didn’t she debut?” The receptionist was skeptical. There was no way she was as amazing as she sounded. Otherwise, she’d be famous by now.

 

The co-worker shrugged. “No one really knows. One day she just didn’t want to do it anymore. JYPE already started discussion about her debut date too. The official excuse was that she wanted to concentrate on school and I guess she did since she got into some fashion school in America, but there has to be more to it.”

 

“What makes you say that?”

 

“It was too sudden. No one just randomly decides they want to give up a dream they’ve had and worked so hard for for 2 years out of the blue. But anyway, I’m starving. Let’s go eat already!”

 

“Guys, listen up!” Beast’s manager Kim Jiyong interrupted their dance practice for Fiction and gathered all 6 members. “Designer Park has recruited a new assistant to help you guys with your clothes for the new album. She’s going to be the main liaison since designer Park’s busy with 4minute’s comeback as well.” He waved his hand toward the door and all the members turned to see who it was.

 

She poked her head out first and smiled at the mostly familiar faces.

 

“Yah! Kim Heejin!” exclaimed Yoseob as he rushed over to greet her.

 

Heejin gave him a big hug as Gikwang and Dongwoon came over as well.

 

“You guys know each other already?” asked a confused Jiyong.

 

Heejin smiled. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before but Yoseob, Gikwang, Dongwoon, Doojoon, and I were all JYP trainees.”

 

The manager as well as Junhyung and Hyunseung all nodded in understanding.

 

She greeted the other 3 standing, careful to avoid eye contact with Doojoon. Yoseob, Gikwang, and Dongwoon immediately began bombarding her with questions about how she’s been and how America was and everything as the others stood around awkwardly listening.

 

Finally the manager interrupted them. “She has to go meet with designer Park right now to discuss the plans for the MV next week and you all need to get back to practice.”

 

“But hyung,” began Gikwang, “we haven’t seen her in 3 years! Can’t we get a little free time?” He gave Jiyong a big smile and Jiyong simply rolled his eyes, already used to the members begging for free time.

 

“She can’t. The outfits haven’t been started at all and she’ll need all the time she can get to make them. And you guys can’t. I heard from the choreographer that you need a lot of work still. You can catch up another time.”

 

He led Heejin into a different conference room to meet with designer Park.

 

Doojoon thought he was dreaming. There was no way she just stood in front of him. He’d been thinking about this moment for so long, the moment he’d see her again. He had done what she told him: he was famous. But when she didn’t come back soon after their debut, he began to lose hope.

 

Now she was back. And she was going to be working with him. He couldn’t help but think it was on purpose, that she actually wanted to see him too.