eight.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

Chapter 8: Playful Kiss Moment

“Can you sleep with me?”

Jungkook’s eyes shot open as he heard her say those five words. It’s been years, well forever for Jungkook, since they have been on the same bed together. He has known that she was afraid of the sound of thunder and the flash of lightning, ever since she was a little kid. There was no behind story why, so it just came naturally.

“W-what?” he hesitated for a bit.

“Please? I’m scared,” she hid under her blanket, waiting for Jungkook. He rolled up with mat, pillows, and blanket, and went on her bed, under the blanket. He scooted inside the bed, and stopped as soon as he felt Hyori’s skin go into contact with his.

As time went by, Jungkook was still awake. He couldn’t sleep for some reason. He looked over to his right, and found Hyori’s face, facing his direction. Her on her side, her left arm under the pillow, and her right arm under her cheek.

He has looked at her differently. Not the little girl from when they were kids, but as a young adult, where puberty hits. He saw the way she crinkled her nose when she sleeps, and he chuckled at it. He felt wide-awake now, so he got off the bed, and went around her room. He hasn’t taken a good look around her room for awhile.

He the lamp on her desk, and sat in her chair. He looked up on the shelves that came along with the desk, and found a million of pictures. Most of them were Jungkook and Hyori, that it made him smile as he took a good look at it.

He picked up one of the photo frame, and took a good look. It was when Hyori and Jungkook were in their first day of high school. He remembered that day, like it was yesterday. He was wondering if she still remembers. He put the frame back, and grabbed another photo frame. It was the time when Jungkook accidentally twisted his ankle, from basketball, so he had to stay in the hospital for days. The pictured showed Jungkook on the bed, and Hyori holding a bouquet of flowers looking at him, smiling.

He put it back, and looked at her again. She was facing the other way now. He turned back to the photos and stood up. He walked towards the door, and opened it. He went down the stairs and into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and poured himself a cup of orange juice, with the lights off. Then all of a sudden, the lights went on. Jungkook looked up and saw Mr. Lee.

“Hello son,” Mr. Lee said. “Have a seat,” he said in a kind way. Jungkook sat down and took a sip of his juice.

“I heard you like my daughter,” Mr. Lee said going straight to the point.

“W-what?!” Jungkook exclaimed.

Mr. Lee chuckled, “I was kidding.” Jungkook sighed. “I know I’m not your father, but I think I have found the right girl for you.” He mentioned.

Jungkook just sat there, blinking, while his hands cupped his cup.

“Jungkook?” Mr. Lee asked as he waved his hand in front of Jungkook’s face.

He snapped out of it, “I’m sorry what?”

“What’s going on with you boy? Anyways. Right now, you’re a grown man, and a grown man should have a lady by his side. And I think I found the person~” he sang.

“W-who?” he asked worriedly.

“She’s my friend from high school’s daughter. She’s the same age as you, and she’s really pretty. I think she might fit you, Jungkook,” Mr. Lee stated.

“But I already have someone in mind,” he said quietly.

“Oh really? Who? I might not know her, but I still want to know,” Mr. Lee said.

“Nahh, nevermind,” he shook his head.

“Hey, I want you to tell me anything. I’ve known you ever since you were a kid remember?” Mr. Lee asked. Jungkook shook his head, and looked down on his hands.

“Can I not say it now? I want to make sure that I still like her, after all we’ve been through,” he said. Mr. Lee nodded and patted Jungkook’s back as he stood up, to go back to sleep.

Jungkook finished his juice, and went to the sink to wash it. He walked up the stairs to Hyori’s room, and silently closed the door. He still feels wide-awake, so he went to Hyori’s backpack, to see what’s in it. He went through all of the papers she had, and found three folded papers, hidden on the bottom of her bag. He took it out, and unfolded it. One was the one where Hani got a few days ago, and the other two…..

‘When did she receive these?’ he thought. He just shrugged it off and put it back into her bag, making it look like he never moved anything. He went back into the covers, and fixed himself up. Then Hyori switches her side, and now she’s facing Jungkook. She wraps her right arm around Jungkook, thinking he’s a teddy bear. He chuckles at her movement, and intertwines his fingers with hers, and falls asleep.

---------------

“Kids! Wake- oh,” Mrs. Lee said as she opened Hyori’s door to wake them up. She went back to her bedroom, and got something. She tip-toed into her room, so she won’t make a noise, and took a Polaroid camera from her back. She takes a picture, and chuckles as she leaves the room.

Hyori groaned as she saw the sudden flash in her sleep. She rubbed her eyes, and then opened her eyes. Right in front of her, was Jungkook, with his fingers intertwined with hers. She blushes at the way they are right now, and let go of his hand. She goes over him, and got off the bed. She brought her textbooks with her to the kitchen, and got greeted by her excited mother.

“Good morning dear!” Mrs. Lee yells as she ran to hug Hyori. She squeezes her tight, and Hyori looked at her father, who mouthed the words,”I don’t know.”

“Want some breakfast dear? I made nutella pancakes, yours and Jungkook’s favorite,” she sang as she went to the counter, and picked up the plate of nutella pancakes, and set it on the table.


“Go wake up Jungkook dear,” Mr. Lee demanded. Hyori nodded, place her books onto the table, and went to her room. She shook Jungkook, and he groaned saying, “No! I don’t want to wake up!”

She chuckled and sighed, “It’s a school day wake up!” She hit his arm, and he immediately woke up. He sat up, and rubbed his eyes. “Go downstairs now, mom made breakfast.” She left him, and went back downstairs. He stood up from the bed, and fixed his hair, then went down to the kitchen.

“Good morning everybody!” Jungkook yelled.

Mr. Lee put down his newspaper that he was reading, and greeted, “Good morning!” along with Mrs. Lee. He sat down on the chair next to Hyori.

As soon as he laid his eyes on the nutella pancakes he yelled, “Nutella pancakes!” He picked up his fork, and got two pancakes, and ate it like there’s no tomorrow.

---------------

Jungkook and Hyori went to school, and went sepreate ways, so they can go to their lockers. Hyori opened her locker, and placed the books she didn’t need, and got the books that she need from her locker. She made her way to her class, and walked in. As she was walking to her seat, something comes out of one of her textbooks, and falls onto the ground; Hyori didn’t notice it. She sat in her seat, and put her head down.

The person nearest to the thing, looked on the floor, and picked it up. His eyes widened, and the person in front of him, saw the look on his face.

“What happened?” his friend said as he looked at the thing he was looking at. He too widened his eyes.

Then a bunch of girls, went to look at what they were looking and yelled, “Omo! Hyori and Jungkook?!” Hyori’s head popped up, and saw a huge group of kids looking at her, with the kid in the middle, holding something, which looks like a photo.

She stood up, and went over to them. She took the photo from the boy’s hands, and her jaw dropped. It was a picture of Hyori and Jungkook cuddling with each other, while holding hands, in their sleep.

[FLASHBACK]

“Go wake up Jungkook dear,” Mr. Lee demanded. Hyori nodded, place her books onto the table, and went to her room.

Mrs. Lee took out something from her pocket, and opened one of Hyori’s textbook. “Honey what are you doing with Hyori’s textbook?” Mr. Lee asked.

“Nothing,” she goes back to eating her food, while Mr. Lee looked at her weirdly.

[END]

“H-how did- W-what is-“ she couldn’t finish her two questions. She started breathing hard, making everyone cautious about her.

“Yah!” A female voice spoke behind all of the students. Everyone looked back, and made a pathway for the three girls to get through. She took the picture from Hyori’s hands, and looked at it. She scoffed. “I know you’re best friends all that shiz, but stay away from Jungkook, he’s mine,” the girl in the middle said.

“And you are?” Hyori asked in an irritated tone, as she took the photo back.

She scoffed, “Kim Bomi!” she shouted. She walked closer to Hyori, “When I catch you doing stuff like that again, with Jungkook, get ready,” she said. Her crew left after Bomi left, and made the class silent.

“Woah what’s going on in here?” Hani asked as she enters the classroom. She walks over to Hyori and checks out what’s in her hands. “Wow,” she said staring at the picture.

 

 

 


author's note:

I wanted to name this chater 'Playful Kiss Moment' but then I noticed that I named the chapters by numbers. So I just put it in the beginning of the story. How is it? Sorry I took forever to update, I had to study for JROTC Cadet of the Month, and I had Girls Drill Team practice, on shouting loud like a man. Thank you Tiera_98 for making my chapter banner! That's all I have to say. bye...

*Late Edit: So I have Thanksgiving Break now! Yay! But I will be away for awhile. I doubt that I will have time to update with family parties and.... BLACK FRIDAY! Sorry about that.

thanks for reading~saburiina