ten.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

The next day…

Hyori woke up late, so she had to hurry to class. She even skipped breakfast, the most important meal of the day! She ran to the bus stop and she could feel and hear her stomach growling. She took her phone out and saw that she only had ten minutes to get to school. The bus finally came, and she sighed in relief.

The bus came to a halt, and she ran for her life off the bus, being careful of her surroundings. In the middle of running, she carefully took out her phone from her pocket, and checked the time. She noticed that she had one minute before the gates fully close. She sprinted, and felt comfortable with the wind blowing through her face. There was one point when a bee passed by her eyelash, that she felt it.

She saw the gates, and ran even faster. The gates were twenty inches apart, and she passed by the gates swiftly. She stopped, and stationed her hands on her knees, panting like she ran a marathon, well, she kind of did. She fixed her hair, while walking towards the buildings.

‘Oh, my stuff is at Hani’s locker.’ She thought. She’s taking her time because her first period teacher doesn’t usually get to class on time. Hundreds of yards away from their lockers, she sees a boy figure standing in front of their lockers. She wanted to walk faster, but she already lost all of her energy.

She saw that person put something in a locker, but she quite can’t put her finger on it. She wanted to yell who that person was, but she would get scolded by the teachers. As soon as she walked two feet closer, the person left, jogging the other way, only showing the boy’s back.

She unlocked Hani’s locker, opened the locker door, only to find a piece of paper fall down to the ground. She picked it up, and unfolded the letter. She read it, and it was totally different from the other ones, but it was still from the same person.

‘           Dear the most beautiful girl in the world,

I bet you’re wondering why this note is different from the other ones. No? Well, too bad I’m going to explain why. Instead of giving you clues, I wanted to let you know, why I give letters to you. I want to start off with, you’re really funny. Every time I see you smile, I feel like fireworks exploded in my heart. I also love how you order your favorite drink, chocolate snow, with extra tapioca. I know a lot of guys say this, but I really mean it. You’re really different from the other girls; you don’t wear make-up, you don’t try to get guys’ attention, and you act like a fair lady. I know you don’t have more time to read all of this, so I’ll just tell you in another letter.

Sincerely,
Your Secret Admirer <3’

Hyori’s eyes and mouth, started to smile.

‘This is the best note I have ever read. But too bad. It’s for…… Hani’ she thought.

She didn’t want to waste more time, so she grabbed her books from Hani’s locker, and put the note in one of them. She walked towards her classroom, and went through the back door, just in case. When she opened the door, the teacher still wasn’t there, so she roughly closed the door, and went to her seat.

“Hey, what took you so long?” Hani asked, leaning in towards her.

“I woke up late.” She replied. She didn’t want to tell Hani about the letter, yet. Because they were in class, and she wants to keep reading it, for awhile.

“Hey, Hyori-ah, may I borrow you math textbook?” a girl in front of them, Song Ahreum, asked. Song Ahreum was known as the second prettiest girl in the school, first was Hani.

“Yeah go ahead,” she responded not looking at her, and gesturing her to just take it.

Ahreum grabbed the textbook, and something fell out of it, into her backpack. She slammed the textbook onto her desk, and opened it. She needed the textbook because she didn’t finish reviewing the lesson. She took out her polka dot notebook, from under her desk, and opened it to a blank page. She went inside her backpack, to get her pencil case, and noticed that something was out of place. She found a piece of paper, and opened it.

‘Oh my goodness! I bet it’s from Jungkook oppa! I never knew he has felt the same way. How did he know how I like my drink ordered? Who cares! We’re meant to be!’ she thought.

She secretly folded the letter to its shape, and put it back inside her bag, so no one would suspect a thing. The teacher came in, and apologized for being late, for the millionth time. They continued with the lesson, and all Hyori could think about was the letter Hani received. She wanted to take it out now and read it again, but Hani sits next to her, she might think something is suspicious.

*ring ring*

“Let’s put our stuff in our locker. Unless you want me to put your stuff in my locker again.” Hani said.

“Please?” she asked, handing her books to Hani. Hani left first, and went back to her backpack, to put everything away. On her way to her bag, two girls bumped into her, who doesn’t belong to her class. She clicked her tongue, and brushed off their DNA on her arm. She walked to her bag, and started putting her pencils, pens, and erasers into her pencil case, but stopped after she heard something.

“Hey, Ahreum-ah. From the text you texted us, you received a love note?” one of the girls asked. Hyori stopped what she was doing, and her eyes widened.

“Well you read right. I found it in my backpack earlier. It must be from Jungkook oppa. I can’t believe he likes me back!” Ahreum squealed. Hyori scoffed, quietly, and rolled her eyes.

‘What is Jungkook up to again?’ she thought, packing up her stuff again. She put everything away, and went to the cafeteria, where she thinks Hani must be. She walked to the cafeteria and it seemed like there was not a lot of people there. But she found Bangtan and Hani.

“Han-“ Hyori was about to call Hani out, but she got bumped into, again, by Kim Bomi. Bomi jogged to Bangtan’s table yelling, “Jungkook oppa!” in a nasty, cute, and high pitched voice. She turned around, and looked at Hyori, then back at Bangtan’s table.

Jungkook smiled, then turned around. But as soon as he saw Bomi, his smile faded. He rolled his eyes, and grabbed his spoon, with his elbow on the table, and started picking up rice, little by little. He looked at the spot on his right, it was empty. He looked at Bangtan, and they immediately got the message.

Rap Monster clears his throat, and stops her with his hand out, like a bodyguard, “What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m seating with my,” she looked back at Hyori, who was still making her way to Bangtan’s table,then back at Rap Monster, “my Jungkook.”

Suga then stood up, “I don’t recall him being yours. You don’t own him.” He crossed his arms, standing next to Rap Monster. He looked at how tall he was, then took a tiny step away from him.

“But he is mine. My dad told me, that my dad and his uncle are fixing us together.” She explained, crossing her arms, with a smirk on her face.

“WHAT?!” Bangtan, Hani, and Hyori yelled, but Hyori was louder.

‘So she’s who Mr. Lee was talking about.’ Jungkook thought, looking at the ground.

“So I’m here just to claim what’s mine.” Bomi was walking towards Jungkook, after pushing Rap Monster and Suga out of the way, and was about to grab his arm, but a hand stopped her.

“Now, since when Jungkook was a thing?” Hyori asked, still holding her arm.

Bomi shrugged her arm off of her, and sat next to Jungkook. “Look, he and I are meant to be okay? I remember seeing him in elementary school, middle school, and now we’re at the same high school. Doesn’t that mean something?” she asked, looking like she’s about to give up.

“Well, Jungkook and I have been going to the same school. That’s just because we’re best friends. It doesn’t mean anything; it just means we go to the same school.” Hyori told her. Jungkook froze, and his eyes widedened a tiny bit. Bangtan and Hani looked at Jungkook.

“W-well… We…” she stuttered, and then stormed out of the lunch room. Hyori smiled, and sighed that she’s finally gone.

She sat next to Jungkook and patted his back. “I know this is not going to cheer you up, but there’s one more girl after you. But this time, she’s nicer. You won’t believe who she is, but I think you do.” Hyori winked at Jungkook, took his apple on his tray, and went to her classroom.

Jungkook check to see if she’s finally out of sight, and looked at Bangtan and Hani. “Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

Jimin spoke up, “Jungkook-ah, what was that wink for?” he asked.

“I don’t know either.” He replied as he titled his head, in confusion.

Hyori walked to her classroom, and found Ahreum and her gang. She walked up to them. “Hey Ahreum.” She smiled.

“Hey Hyori-ah.” She smiled back to her.

“Hey, I heard you say that Jungkook gave you a note?” Hyori asked.

“Yes, what about it?” she asked tilting her head.

“Well, as his best friend, I know that you and he will make a good couple.” She stated.

“You think so?” she smiled and looked back at the letter on her desk.

Hyori snapped her fingers after thinking about something, “Hey, Jungkook is going over to my house later. How about you come?” she asked.

“Sure, I’d love to!” her face brightened as she smiled.

The bell rang, and everyone started coming back to their respected classrooms, and sat down in their seats waiting for the teacher to come.

[After School]

“Who are you looking for Hyori-ah?” Jungkook asked, looking at Hyori who’s tippy toeing try to find Ahreum.

“I’m looking for someone.” She said. “Ahh, she’s right there!” She yelled, “Ahreum-ah!” while waving her hand up in the air. Jungkook looked at her, was wondering why Hyori was waiting for her. Ahreum went towards them, and Hyori wrapped her arms around her arms. “She’s coming over to my house with us.”

“O-oh, okay.” Jungkook quietly said, and started walking ahead. Hyori started mouthing words and gesturing Ahreum to go next to Jungkook, and start a conversation. Ahreum jogged to Jungkook’s side, and scared him for a bit.

“Soooo…” she couldn’t find the words to ask him anything. She was too shy. She still couldn’t believe that Jungkook liked her back. She’s been waiting for him to like her back ever since they started school. She just cut right to the chase, “When did you start liking me?”

“What?!”

 

 

 

 

 


author's note:

How was this chapter? Sorry you guys that I haven't been updating. It's because I was absent from school for two periods, and my teachers are giving me a zero for it, even though they excused me, and I had to work it out. I also have finals this coming week, so I decided to update now. So you guys finally found out who Mr. Lee was talking about. & a misplaced letter! ooooouuu!

thanks for reading~saburiina