five.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

Hani was just hanging out in her house, after coming from school, doing nothing, specifically. She didn’t even feel hungry. But she wanted to go out, somewhere. After walking a million times, around her house, she went to her room, and got her phone on her bed.

 Her bed was a king size, with her theme as, Care Bears. Her bed was filled with stuffed bears, with all of the colors of the care bears. The walls of her bed room, was painted sky blue. Her room, was a little big, but not as big as Jungkook’s.

‘What are you doing now sweetie?’ She texted Jhope.

‘Nothing. You?’

‘Nothing. Can I come over to your house?’

‘Sure thing sweetheart. But my room is messy.’

‘I don’t mind. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.’

‘Okay’

Jhope and Hani have this thing where Jhope calls Hani ‘sweetheart’, and Hani calls Jhope ‘sweetie’. They’ve been calling each other that ever since they entered middle school. It all started when Jhope suddenly called her sweetheart, and Hani thought it was cute, so they’ve made it their thing.

Hani quickly braided her hair to the right, and left her bangs on the right. She dressed in black jeans, a gray v-neck, a dark blue cardigan, care bear socks, and crochet shoes, with the design of a bunny, looking nothing like a queenka.

Hani has her own pair of Jhope’s house keys, and put it into the key lock. She unlocked it, and went inside.

“I’m here.” She said. Jhope went down the stairs, and told her to go up to his room, while he gets them both, some juice.

“Here,” Jhope handed the cup of juice to her, “Do you want to do anything sweetheart?” She shrugged her shoulders, and took a sip of her juice.

He snapped his fingers, “Ahh, there’s this carnival a few minutes from here, want to go?” he asked.

“Sure, let’s go!” she put her finished cup down on his desk, and went downstairs, to put on her shoes.

It was a bit chilly outside, so she wrapped her arms around Jhope’s right arm. Everyone basically thought that they were a couple, but judging by the way their aura together was, they knew they weren’t together.

They went to a game station where you shoot water into a specific spot, and when the small stuffed bear reaches the top first, you win. Hani already lost 3 times, so Jhope put his hand over hers, and won first place. Hani pointed to a Despicable Me minion that’s bigger than her. They both didn’t want to carry it, so Jhope quickly ran to his house, and left it there. He came back, and they both got hungry. Jhope had a feeling for cotton candy, so they went to a cotton candy vender, and got a pink one.

They sat down on a bench, and realized that the sun was halfway down.

“Let’s go on the ferris wheel sweetheart?” Jhope insisted.

“Sure.” She responded. While waiting in line, they just laughed at the memories they had when they were younger.

As soon as they got to the front of the line, the lady working said, “Aww, what a cute couple. If only I had a boyfriend,” she smiled and gestured them to the next available ride. They both looked at each other and just smiled because they’ve heard that a million times.

Once they got in, and the lady closed the door, Jhope sat next to Hani, trying to finish their half eaten cotton candy. As they reached the top, already finished with their cotton candy, Hani started tearing up, and Jhope noticed it.

“Sweetheart, why are you crying?” he rubbed her back.

“We had a memory here when we were kids, remember sweetie?” she looked at him, straight into his eyes, and put her hands on top of his.

[FLASHBACK]

“Sweetheart let’s go on the ferris wheel.” Jhope said, with a big smile. They were already 13 years old, and the same exact carnival, that happens every year, was the same carnival they went to. Hani nodded, and got inside the ride.

As soon as they reached the top, Jhope quickly kissed Hani on the cheek, as he sat next to her. Hani’s eyes widen at shock.

“W-why’d you do that?” she asked, blushing.

“It’s our anniversary, ever since we became best friends 7 years ago.” He stated.

“Has it been this long?” she asked.

“Wow! Well… happy anniversary sweetie.” She said, as she gave him a kiss on his cheek too.

[END]

“Of course I remember. That’s why I insisted, that I quickly run to my house to put your stuffed bear there, so I can buy this.” He took out a rose, from his back. “Happy 10 year anniversary, sweetheart.”

“Aww, sweetie thank you,” she hugged him, “but I didn’t get anything for you.” She pouted.

“It’s okay, I don’t want you to give me anything. As long, as you’re still my best friend.” He hugged her.

They finally reached the end of the ride, and got off. They slowly walked to Jhope’s house, while Hani’s arm was wrapped around his, like when they were going to the carnival. Jhope took out his keys, and unlocked the door. They both took off their shoes, and Hani said she was going to quickly get some juice, while he went to his room first.

He opened the door, and the light. The first thing that caught his eye was what was on his bed.

“Surprise!” Hani yelled behind him, which made him jump. She chuckled and continued, “This is my anniversary gift to you. Happy Anniversary sweetie!” She ran to him, and hugged him. He hugged her back.

There was a big pile of balloons, a box of Sour Patch Kids, and a bouquet of flowers with a card, on his bed.

“How’d you do it?” He asks, as he broke the hug.

“I have my ways.” She chuckled.

“Thank you sweetheart.” He smiled, and hugged her again.

“Aww, look at the two best friends.” Jhope’s older sister, Jung Sumin, said as she stood at the door, hugging her boyfriend Park Namgyu, admiring the two.

They quickly broke the hug, and Jhope asked, “What are you guys doing here?”

“Same as you guys.” Sumin said. Jhope and Hani looked at each other confused.

The older sister chuckled, “It’s our anniversary too,” she looked up to her boyfriend, and kissed him on the lips.

“Ughh. I’d rather you do that, not in front of us,” he said, “How long were you guys?” he asked.

“We’ve been dating for 3 years. Remember when we brought you guys to the carnival 3 years ago? That was when he asked me out. Another cool fact is, we were best friends, at the same age as you guys started being best friends too.” She looked up to him, and kissed him on the lips, again. Then they left.

“Wow, best friends to lovers? That’s so cute!” she squealed, as she closed his door.

Jhope sighed, and turned to her, “How about we give that a try.” He insisted.

“What do you mean?” she asked, wondering if he means the same way she’s thinking.

“How about we give it a try, and if it doesn’t work out, then we can go back to being best friends.” he said.

Hani took a long time to answer. She was thinking of how their future was going to turn out. The only thing she was worrying about was that, she didn’t want to lose her best friend.

After taking a long time to say something, she finally spoke up.

“Sure, but you have to ask me out, properly.” She whined.

He chuckled and got another rose that came out of nowhere, and got down on one knee.

“Kim Hani, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes. I’d love to be my sweetie’s girlfriend.” She took the rose, and hugged him, as soon as he stood up.

 

 

 


author's note:

Another update! So here's a little relationship between Jhope and his sweetheart. Remember Jane and Malcolm? Well, Jane found out that Malcolm doesn't like her, she heard him herself, but not straight to her face. I feel bad for her, she told me that she cried. Sad isn't it?
Anyways, did any of you guys liked it? 

thanks for reading~saburiina