six.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

Warning: This chapter is boring!!


 

 

 

“You d- I mean, what do you mean?” Jungkook acted as if he didn’t say anything.

“I know your feelings now…” she slowly said, looking down at her hands, holding onto her dress.

“You do?” he became nervous.

“I don’t know how to say this…..” hearing that made Jungkook nervous even more. She continued, “I…-“

Then all of a sudden, the door opens, “Yah! Hyori-ah!” The boy’s arms are open wide, wanting a hug. “Jungkook? Bro is that you?” He stopped that motion, and did that hand-clap, and a pat on the back thing, with Jungkook, as soon as Jungkook stood up.

“What are you doing here so early, Kang Kyungwoo?” she asked.

“I couldn’t wait to see you, but now that Jungkook’s here, I feel even better!” he lured Jungkook and Hyori into a group-hug, and squeezed them both tight. The hug made Jungkook and Hyori’s face and lips close each other that if Kyungwoo squeezed tighter, they would’ve stole each other’s first kiss.

He let both of them go, and looked around Hyori’s room. Jungkook and Hyori looked at each other in awkwardness, with Kyungwoo not looking at them. Hyori’s room was just a normal teenager’s room. Her walls were painted light blue with clouds near the ceiling, a desk by the window for homework, a closet with a mirror, and her bed filled with stuffed animals.

Kyungwoo looked at the shelves of her desk and spotted a picture which made him smile, “Yori-ah, you still kept this photo?” he took the photo frame, and faced it towards her.

She leaned in forward, to get a better view, and noticed that it was when they were kids, in the park, and Kyungwoo kissed Hyori on the cheek, “How can I not keep that? It’s very cute!” Jungkook felt something die inside. He was there too; he got cut off in the photo. But in the photo, he was just enjoying some ice cream, during the sunny weather.

She took the photo from his hands, and shoved him, “Now get out, I’m not ready yet!” Jungkook turned around and made his way to the door, “Not you Jungkook! You’re staying here! With me!” He stopped his tracks, and got shocked when she said, ‘with me’

“Yah! Why does he get to stay, and not me?” He pouted and frowned.

“Because unlike you, he doesn’t barge into my room, and just start to get all touchy-touchy!” she grabbed Jungkook by the waist, which made his eyes grow big, and closed the door, behind Kyungwoo.

“Yah! Don’t touch me there! You know I’m ticklish around my waist,” he shrugged off her hands, while his bottom lip stuck out.

“Let’s go back to where we left off,” she said sitting next to him on the bed, like they were before Kyungwoo barged in.

“Yah were you guys kissing?” Kyungwoo yelled on the other side of the door.

“Get your ear off of the door and go back downstairs! We’ll be down in a few!” she yelled at the door.

“Roger!” he saluted the door. The other thing that Jungkook hates about them too, is that they ALWAYS yell at each other. Jungkook and Hyori argue, not yell.

She exhaled, “As I was saying, I heard you say, ‘I like you’ to me.” She slowly said, again, staring into his eyes.

He rubbed the back of his neck, “Ahh that. Just forget I said that.” He said not looking at her, tossing his arms around.

“But… I don’t want to..” Jungkook looked back at her. “I accept that you like me, but… I want…. to take… things….. slowly. Why don’t we do that?” she said.

He faked a laugh, “Y-yeah, we should do that,” and faked a smile.

“So we’re good right? No more awkwardness?” she asked.

“No awkwardness!” he gave two thumbs up.

“Great! Now, let me get dressed, you should too, I asked your mom to bring proper clothes for dinner here. She went to her closet, and took out a white business shirt, a black tie, black business pants, a black belt, and shiny black shoes. Basically, a business suit, just without the jacket.

He grabbed his clothes away from her, and walked towards the door, until Hyori stopped him. “Where do you think you’re going?” she asked.

“To the bathroom to change?” he pointed to the door.

“Why don’t you change here? I mean, we have done that when we were kids anyway.” She insisted, not changing yet.

“That was when we were kids. I bet you do- woah….” He became speechless, as Hyori took off her uniform. She didn’t notice him looking, and just continued dressing up. After putting on her dress, she fixed her hair, and caught Jungkook staring at her.

“See, I don’t mind. I have nothing to hide from you.” She said, with her hands on her hips.

“Ughh, fine.” He undressed and put on his pair of clothes. He picked up the tie, but once he put it around his neck, Hyori shoved his hands out of the way. Jungkook didn’t do anything because the truth is, Jungkook doesn’t know how to tie a tie. Yes, the uniform has a tie, but it’s always Hyori who does it.

“When are you going to learn how to tie a tie?” she chuckled.

“Maybe when you teach me?” he chuckled too.

“Fine, now let’s go down now. I feel like we took too long.” She did the last touches on his tie, and put her hands on the doorknob, but Jungkook’s hand goes over it.

“Let me do it. I’ll be the gentleman here.” He opened the door with his left hand and his right hand on his heart.

“It’s about time!” Jungkook glared at her.

“Oh my gosh Hyori is that you? And Jungkook! You’re a man now!” Mrs. Kang stood up from her chair, in the dining room, and took a good look at the two, feeling awkward.

“Please sit guys.” She gestured the two, to the seats available next to Kyungwoo. Hyori was about to sit next to Kyungwoo, until Jungkook took it. She didn’t want to make a scene, so she just shrugged it off, and sat in to the seat, next to Jungkook.

“My my have you gotten prettier Hyori.” Mrs. Kang smiled at her.

‘Liar’ she thought. “Thank you Mrs. Kang. As for you too. You look like you haven’t aged a bit. Possibly the age 45?” she smiled. Jungkook chocked on his water, that he was drinking.

Mrs. Kang’s face turned irritated, but still managed to put up her fake got-to-look-good-in-front-of-people face. Hyori’s parents did nothing, since they think the same about them too.

‘What a fake smile’ Ms. Lee thought pretending to be mad at Hyori. Hyori and Jungkook quietly high-fived under the table. Kyungwoo didn’t notice it. The reason for the high-five was because when they were younger, Mrs. Kang always told Jungkook and Hyori that they look like old geezers.

The doorbell suddenly rings. “Oh, that must be your parents Jungkook!” Mrs. Lee yelled because she was already far from the table.

“Did your mom say anything about my parents coming?” Jungkook whispered to Hyori. She shook her head.

“Did your parents tell you?” she whispered back. He shook his head.

As soon as the Jeons entered, Kyungwoo and his parents stood up, to hug them. They all sat down, and chatted, leaving Jungkook and Hyori doing nothing, but eating.

“Hyori and I are going somewhere,” Jungkook stood up, and grabbed Hyori by the wrist, which made it hurt her a little bit.

“I’m going too!” Kyungwoo stood up, and yelled, loud enough for the neighbors to hear it.

“No, please stay honey, we haven’t seen them for a long time.” Mrs. Kang said. ‘Finally, those old geezers won’t be here anymore!’ He sat back down.


“Be sure to be back before midnight!” Mr. Lee yelled. “Ne!” They both yelled.

They walked out to the busy street, and went to their bubble tea hangout place. They ordered their usual and sat down at their usual spot, where they can only sit next to each other, and can get a good view of the whole store.

“Oh, is that Jhope hyung and Hani?” Jungkook pointed to the door, where a couple holding hands entered.

Both of their jaws dropped, “That is!” Hyori yelled, making everyone around them look at them, except for Jhope and Hani. She bowed apologizing. Jungkook’s mouth was still opened, staring at them, and Hyori closed it with her hand.

“Are they dating?” Hyori asked.

“I think they are. I mean, that’s the closet they have gotten to each other, that I have seen.” He mentioned, gluing his eyes to them, ordering their drinks.

“No, I have seen them closer before,” Hyori shook her head, also gluing her eyes to them.

“Let’s go to them,” he grabbed her wrist, again, and walked towards the two.

As soon as they were right behind them, Jungkook cleared his throat. “Care to explain what’s going on here Haseok?” Jungkook’s nickname for Jhope and Hani.

They turned around and jumped, “Oh my goodness! Don’t scare me like that again you guys! Especially you Hyori, you know I get scared easily.” Hani said, with her hand on her heart, that’s beating fast.

“2 chocolate milk teas?” The lady behind the counter said.

“Wow, couple sweaters, couple shoes, and now couple drinks? Now I know you guys are dating.” Hyori stated.

“Just don’t tell the others yet?” Jhope told her.

“Why? Best friends to lovers? That’s so cute! You guys look cute together!” She smiled.

“I said the same about the best friends to lovers part too!” Hani took a sip of her drink, and help up her hand, to high-five Hyori. Jungkook and Jhope just looked at each other.

“So hyung, why don’t you want us to tell the others?” Jungkook asked.

“Because I want to make it a surprise!” Jhope said.

“I think you’re too late…”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I find this chapter boring, but long! I haven't updated in a while because I've been busy. I would've updated yesterday, but I went to Reno, and I forgot my flashdrive at home. But I'm home now, so yea, here's an update! How's it? Please comment below!

thanks for reading~saburiina