Final Chapter.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“You don’t know how long I have waited for you to ask me that!” Hyori yelled with a huge grin on her face.

Jungkook smiled, “So is that a yes?”

She nodded, “Yes.”

Jungkook’s smile got even wider and carried her off the ground, twirling her around. Hyori squealed at the sudden action, which kind of hurt Jungkook’s eardrum. But that wasn’t what was important in the moment.

“I love you.” He said after he stopped twirling Hyori around, but kept her in the air.

Hyori chuckled, “I love you most.”

The two shared a kiss that they will never forget because that was the start of their long awaited relationship. No one could be happier than Jungkook in the world, at this moment. He turned his best friend into his lover, shared their first real kiss, and just the presence of Hyori makes him happy.

Years later…

“Oppa, I’m going to class now!” Hyori yelled at Jungkook before leaving the house. The two are now in their last year of college. Yes, they are high school sweethearts. After all of these years, they are still together. Even though they had their ups and downs, they went through it and worked everything out together. That’s how strong their bond is, no matter what, the problem will be fixed.

“Wait!” Jungkook yelled. As Hyori waited for Jungkook at the doorstep, she heard a lot of clashing sounds, and very loud footsteps. She chuckled at how cute and silly her boyfriend is. Jungkook came out of the house with a suit on; the reason being is that he’s going to an interview for a very huge company in a few hours. Hyori was wearing a cute A-line dress with cute heels because Jungkook forced her to wear it.

Both of their parents, of course, accepted their relationship. They were actually waiting for them to get together. They didn’t know that it would take them almost forever! Jungkook and Hyori decided that they will go to the same college together, you know, to make things easier. Jungkook almost didn’t make it, but one person declined their offer from the college, and Jungkook was next on the list. Both of their parents agreed to buy a house just for them, because one, their parents house is a little far from the college, two, they are going to the same college so why not, and three, their parents wanted them to have their alone time.

“Ppoppo,” Jungkook asked as he puckered his lips. Hyori chuckled and pecked his lips.

“Good luck on your interview. Here’s another kiss for good luck.” She said before pecking his lips, again. Jungkook grinned.

He sighed and hugged her, “Do you know how lucky I am to have you as a girlfriend?”

“Do you know how lucky I am to have you as a boyfriend?” Hyori asked, emphasizing the first ‘you’.

Jungkook chuckled, “Of course I know. Now get to school before you’re late.” He let go of her and she started running to her car.

“Good luck, oppa!” she yelled before going into her car. Jungkook waved at her and she waved back before stepping on the acceleration. He watched her until she was out of sight, smiling.

He heard a sound in the bushes and chuckled, “Okay, you guys can come out now.”

“Ugghh!” the sounds of groaning came from the men behind the bushes. There were even sounds of cracking knees. All Jungkook could do at the moment is watch and laugh. He won’t even dare to go inside the bushes with a nice suit on.

“Aish, Jungkook-ah! You could’ve told us that we would be staying behind the bushes, kneeling down! Now my legs are asleep!” Jin complained.

“Eyy hyung, it’s not always about you.” Suga said.

“Guys!” Jungkook yelled to draw their attention. All of his hyungs looked at the maknae. “Hyori only has one class today, and it ends at 11 am, but I told her that my interview ends at 5:00 pm, and-“ he was about to continue, but was cut off.

“5:00PM!!! Bruh, an interview never takes this long.” Jimin stated.

“I know that! I just want to stall for a long bit. And plus, she fell for it, thinking it is for a HUGE corporation. Well, it is, but it’s only going to take 5 minutes.” Jungkook said. He told Hyori that he is going to an interview to get a job at a huge corporation, and said that it will take forever, but in reality, it only takes 5 minutes. “So!” he clapped his hands. “Let’s get to work?” he asked.

His hyungs smiled and walked into his house, with a bunch of stuff in their hands and backpacks.

“So, that is what happened during the dark ages. Any questions? Concerns? Comments? Yes, Miss Hyori.” His teacher called.

“I just wanted to know, are you single?” she joked. Her class is mostly girls and there’s only about 7 boys and 18 girls in her class. And guess who her teacher is… it’s Rain. I mean, who wouldn’t want to date that hunker? But Hyori just asked that as a joke, and she is not the only one, in her class, who asked that. All her teacher did was chuckle.

“As I’ve said before, no, but I wouldn’t want your boyfriend, who you’ll be smooching after class, to hurt me.” Rain pointed out and smirked.

Hyori blushed, and slouched in her seat at the memories…

“Anyways, on with the lesson…” her teacher’s voice faded in her head as she looked at the letters from years ago. She took out the letters from the front of her textbook and read them again.

Hello there :) Just to let you know, I'm you SECRET ADMIRER. Don't worry, I'm not creepy, I'm just a normal teenage boy, who likes you. Be ready for more letters! See you later :)

Hey there. I wonder if you have figured out whom I am…hehe. Anyways, from now on, I will give you really tiny clues on who I am. The first hint is:

                                                            I’m your grade

            -Anonymous

 

I guess you really can’t figure me out. I’m not going to give clues on this one, but I will for sure tell you that I’m waiting for you to find me out. I’ll be waiting…. :D

 

Dear the most beautiful girl in the world,

I bet you’re wondering why this note is different from the other ones. No? Well, too bad I’m going to explain why. Instead of giving you clues, I wanted to let you know, why I give letters to you. I want to start off with, you’re really funny. Every time I see you smile, I feel like fireworks exploded in my heart. I also love how you order your favorite drink, chocolate snow, with extra tapioca. I know a lot of guys say this, but I really mean it. You’re really different from the other girls; you don’t wear make-up, you don’t try to get guys’ attention, and you act like a fair lady. I know you don’t have more time to read all of this, so I’ll just tell you in another letter.

Sincerely,
Your Secret Admirer <3

 

The last one has got to be the best one, yet. Twice a month, she would read those letters again. Why? Who wouldn’t? Those were meant for her, from Jungkook, but wanted her to take a challenge, thinking it was for Hani. In the end, she didn’t finish her challenge, but at least she got her best friend as her boyfriend.

“Okay class, you are all dismissed. Remember, your essay about the Dark Ages is due next week. Have a good weekend everyone!” her teacher yelled before walking out of the classroom.

Hyori collected all of her stuff, and slung her bag onto her shoulder. She exited the room. “Hey Hyori!” someone called.

She turned around to someone who she has been wanting to see for half a year, “HANI!!!!!!” she yelled. Hyori dropped her stuff onto the ground, and ran to her. The two shared a very tight hug. “Why are you here?” Hyori asked.

“Why? Can I not visit my best friend?” Hani asked.

Hyori smiled, “Of course you can, but just let me know.” She said before walking back to get her stuff off of the ground.

Hani chuckled, “Let’s go for bubble tea? Jhope told me about this good bubble tea place just a few minutes by walking from here.” Jhope and Hani are still together after all these years, too. Those two go to the same college too, but back at home, which is pretty far from where Jungkook and Hyori goes to college.

Hyori nodded and the two were off. The two arrived at the bubble tea place, and Hani insisted that she orders for them while Hyori waits. Hyori agreed and found a place for them to sit.

“Hey, can I get a Taro milk tea with tapioca, and a Chocolate Snow with extra tapioca.” She ordered.

“Would that be all?” the cashier asked.

“Uh yes, I have my friend, Hyori with me, you know what to do, right?” Hani asked. The cashier paused for a second and nodded. Hyori paid for their drinks and waited for their drinks with Hyori. “So, have you and Jungkook… you know…” she smirked.

“Once again Hani, no. How about you and Jhope? Have you guys done it?” Hyori asked. Hani was silent and looked away. “Oh my gosh,” she was surprised, “did you use protection?” she whispered.

“Omg yes! Of course. What kind of a person do you think I am?” Hani asked, hoping Hyori got the joke.

“A person who wouldn’t.” Hyori said. Guess she didn’t.

Hani’s jaw dropped, “Oh my gosh, you’re so mean!” they both chuckled.

“Taro milk tea with tapioca and chocolate snow with extra tapioca.” The worker called.

“Hyori go get it.” Hani demanded.

“Wow, bossy much?” Hyori smiled. She walked up and from afar, she saw that there was a paper on her drink. “Umm, what is this?” she asked the workers. They all just ignored her because they were too busy making the other drinks. She sighed and walked back to their table.

“What’s that paper on your drink?” Hani asked. Hyori shrugged and took the paper.

She unfolded the paper and it seems to be a note. It said,

Hey beautiful, I know you know who this is, but just play along. Go to the park we went to when we first moved into our house.

Hyori smiled at how cute the letter was. “Hani I-“ Hani’s phone rang.

“Hello? Yes. Okay. Alright. Uhuh. Okay. Love you.” She said into the phone. She put her phone away, “I have to go now. The boyfriend’s calling.” The two chuckled.

“Alright, tell him I said hi.” Hyori demanded.

“I will. Love you!” Hani kissed her cheek and walked out of the store.

Hyori looked at the note again, “I guess I have to get started.” She stuffed the letter, gently, into her purse and exited the store. She got into her car, and accelerated to her designated place. Once she got to the park, which was not that far from the store, she saw a tree with a balloon, with her favorite color. Hyori smiled, and unbuckled her seatbelt. She walked towards the tree and found another letter. She unfolded it, and it said,

Hello there sweetie. Just a little more! Now, next clue. Roses are red, violets are blue, this is the place where I asked you. I bet you would get this instantly. Love you :)

Hyori smiled and knew where he was talking about, but… it’s a 45 minute drive. She sighed and drove to the place, where the clue brought her.

Hyori parked in front of her house and took a good look at it. She noticed that her parent’s car isn’t there, so she knew they weren’t home. She got out of the car, and entered her house. It still looked the same as before. But that wasn’t the point at the moment. She walked into her room and found another balloon, with a letter.

Just one more sweetheart! Sorry to have to do this, but go back to our house. Love you to infinity and beyond.

Hyori sighed and chuckled at how silly her boyfriend is. She drove another 45 minutes back to their house and everything seemed to be normal. But she noticed that Jungkook’s car wasn’t there… But she also noticed another balloon and a letter at the front door.

The front said,

Read this aloud as you enter the house :)

She unfolded the letter and read it aloud as she entered the house. She even found a road of petals on the ground.

Dear Lee Hyori,

            It’s your kookie! I’m sorry that I lead you all the way to your house, I just needed to stall. Anyways, I’ve known you almost my whole life, and I want to keep it that way. Without you, I don’t know what I would’ve been doing right now at this moment. You change my life, Hyori. And I want you to keep changing it. The only reason why, I’m telling you all of this in a letter, is because this is how our relationship started, through a letter. I know you expect this letter to be longer, but words can’t explain how much I love you to the moon and back.

                                                Love,
                                           Jungkook

Hyori looked up and saw that the rose petals led her to the balcony of their master bedroom. Where Jungkook stood at the end, with a suit and bowtie, and a white rose in his hand. Hyori smiled at how handsome he looked. It was as if time stopped when Jungkook kneeled down and took out a small dark blue box, out of his pocket.

Jungkook opened the box and it showed a very beautiful diamond ring, “Lee Hyori, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have kids with you. I want to raise a family with you. I want to do everything with you. I want us to grow old together and looked back at the memories, and just laugh at the embarrassing ones. You are the sun that shines upon my face when I wake up every morning. You are the lullaby that sings me to sleep. You are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me?”

Hyori’s tears of joy start rolling down her face. No words can express how happy and touched she feels right now. A huge grin was plastered onto her face, “Jeon Jungkook, you don’t know how long I have been waiting for this to happen. You saved me from the dangers around me, and I want you to continue doing that. You are my other half, my partner in crime, my boyfriend, and now… my husband, whom I will love to infinity and beyond. Yes, I will marry you Jungkook.”

Jungkook smiled and took the ring out of the box and put it on her finger. He stood up and hugged her. The two stared into each other’s eyes and after a few seconds, they both slowly leaned in and shared a passionate kiss. Time around them continued rolling. Even though they can hear applause in the background, they just keep on kissing. After awhile, they broke apart and Jungkook wiped her tears away.

“I love you.”

“I love you most.”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I am DEEPLY SORRY that I haven't update in over half a year. I was too busy with school, and my other stories. But I finally had the time to update this story, and sadly, it's over. Sorry if the plot was boring, but I forgot how I planned this story when I first made it. But I guess it all worked out in the end. Thank you everyone for sticking with this story! I love you all! Don't forget to check out my other stories! Don't forget to smile :D

thanks for reading~saburiina