nine.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

 With half of school finished, it was now time for lunch. As she was walking through the halls to her locker, with Hani, she heard everyone saying, “You’re going to get beaten up by Bomi!” and “Watch out for Bomi!”

They finally reached their lockers, and Hyori sighed in relief that, there were no students around. They both opened their locker at the same time, and a note fell out of Hani’s locker. Hani picked up the letter, and placed her books into the locker. Hyori just continued to put her things from her arms and bag, into the locker.

“Hyori-ah, read this,” she commanded, as her hand motioned her to come closer. Hyori closed her locker, fixed her bag on her shoulder, and half stepped closer to Hani.

She read the letter:

“I guess you really can’t figure me out. I’m not going to give clues on this one, but I will for sure tell you that I’m waiting for you to find me out. I’ll be waiting…. :D”

Hyori sighed, “This person sure is making it hard for me. He or she,” she raised her voice on ‘she’, “is really good on keeping their identity a secret. I wonder who the person is though. Obviously that person doesn’t know that you and Jhope are dating.”

Then out of nowhere, a girl walked pass them, and yelled, “You and Jhope oppa are dating?!” She ran away and started telling everyone.

“I guess the school topic went from me to you. Let’s get lunch.” Hyori demanded. Hyori led the way, while Hani stood next to her.

At the cafeteria entrance, there stood Bangtan. It seemed like they were waiting for the two. “What took you guys so long! Everyone is talking about Hyori and Jungkook and Hani and I.” Jhope yelled as he hugged Hani.

“Yeah it’s pretty chaotic in there, that we had to go out here,” Suga added pointing inside the cafeteria. Hani and Hyori looked inside, and saw a lot of people huddled up in groups, looking on their phones.

“How do you know they’re talking about us four?” Hani pointed to the four of them.

“We saw one of their phones, and it was a picture of Jungkook and Hyori… you know. And people just started talking about you and Jhope, when a girl came in screaming that you guys are dating,” Jin explained.

Hyori looked at Jungkook, but quickly looked away because he was already looking at her. Rap Monster noticed that and said, “I think we should go and get our books for the next period.” Without listening to their responses, he shoved all of them, away from the two.

“Look, I’m sorry Jungkook. I just don’t-“ she got cut off.

“Hey don’t worry about it. How can I be mad at my best friend?” he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“True, I can never get mad at you too,” she said smiling, and he smiled back at her. “Oh hey, don’t tell the rest of Bangtan this, but Hani got a letter again.” She confessed, walking down the hallway.

“Really?” Jungkook asked, not amused, following her.

“Yeah. I just hate it that that person is making it difficult for me, to figure out who that person is!” She exclaimed, putting her hand into a fist.

“Maybe that person has a reason to keep their identity a secret.” Jungkook pitched.

“And what would that reason be, Jungkook?” Hyori asked, sounding like a mother.

“Maybe that person is using her, so that you, the finder, will lead up to him. Or her.” He explained.

“Why would a person be using Hani, when they can just go up to me instead?” Hyori said.

“Maybe it’s hard for them to go up to you because you’re pretty,” he started speaking slowly, “smart, nice,” he chuckled, “short,” he said quietly. He received a punch in the arm by her.

Jungkook just chuckled at her action. With his arm still wrapped around her shoulders, he squeezed it tighter. Hyori noticed what he did and blushed. It’s been awhile since Jugkook had did that to her. In the past he would always put his arm around her, and people would always think they’re going out, but never squeezed her closer to him. She felt something in her stomach jump. Her face started to become hot.

‘What am I feeling? How come my body feels different?’ She thought, panicking in her head.

After a moment of panicking, the school bell finally ran. Hyori sighed of relief that she can stop panicking. Jungkook loosened up his grip, “I’ll drop you off to your classroom?” he insisted.

“No it’s o-“ she got cut off by Jungkook piggy-back riding her, on his back. She screamed, but covered so no one could her them. “Yah what are you doing?” she asked back to her normal voice.

“Dropping off my best friend to her class? What else would I be doing now?” He joked. She rolled her eyes, and just relaxed because it felt good to be carried by Jungkook. It also relaxed her that she didn’t need to walk to her classroom. While passing through the hallways, every single person in the hallways, stared at them, making room for them in the middle to get though.

“And we have arrived.” Jungkook joked setting her down, making sure she doesn’t get off balance.

“Thank you Jungkook-ah.” She said looking at him in the eyes, making sure she doesn’t leave them. He was also looking at her right in the eyes. She cleared , “Now get back to class, I don’t want you to be late.”

“Aww, my best friend finally cares about me!” He teased, and ran to his classroom before he can get hit by Hyori.

“No running in the halls!” A teacher exclaimed. Jungkook stopped running, and bowed at the teacher saying sorry. Hyori saw that, and chuckled.

She entered her classroom, only to be stared at by her classmates. She took her seat by the window, and looked out the window, ignoring everyone and everything. After a minute, she felt her seatmate, Hani, finally take a seat.

“Where have you been? You guys left before Jungkook and I, and I still got here before you?” She said in an irritated tone. She felt that she was being a little too harsh on her best friend because just a few minutes earlier, she was happy, and then now, she’s grumpy. It doesn’t mean that she has to let it out at her best friend.

“Sorry, I just had a little talk with a few people.” Hani explained.

“Who and about what?” Hyori asked. Just right after she said that, the teacher entered, making everyone straighten up in their seats, being quiet.

“Sorry not now. The teacher’s here.” Hani pointed the obvious, but it made Hyori a little curious.

Hyori looked out the window, with her chin resting on the heel of her palm. ‘Since when did she finally want to listen to Mr. Kim’s lesson? Is she keeping a secret from me? Well, of course she is! She didn’t even explain who ‘a few people’ were. Usually, she would have told me right away. What’s going on?’ She thought.

 

 

 

 


author's note:

This chapter was a fail because I was listening to music while writing this, so I couldn't quite pay attention. Sorry for making this update really short! I promise the next chapter will be longer! Sorry that this chapter is also boring :( I still didn't do my homework. I shouldn't be procrastinating! But I had to update this story, so I just did. That's all I have to say now. bye...

thanks for reading~saburiina