Chapter 8

He's Out of My League

 

 

 

 

"Are you going to sulk in your bed for the rest of your life?" Kris asked as he continued to poke at my cheek trying to wake me up.

"Yes. Just leave me alone." I mumbled pulling my blanket over my head.

"Why?"

"Sleeping in bed is like being dead without the commitment."

"Shut up and get out of bed."

"No, I refuse to face reality."

"You just don't want to see Baekhyun."

I groaned and hid deeper under my blanket.

"C'mon Chanyeol, I bet he's dying to talk to you. He's called like a thousand times, he misses you. You guys are both ing idiots I swear."

"I'm sorry I'm not perfect like you two. You don't know what's it like to be insecure about the way you look all the time."

"We all get a little insecure sometimes."

I pulled my blanket from on top of my head and stared at him sternly.

"Oh really? Kris Wu Fan has been insecure? Alert the press."

"Yeah well that was back in fifth grade when that guy Joonmyeon refused to date me."

"Wait Kim Joonmyeon? He's like five years older than us of course he wouldn't date you ."

"Oh that makes more sense."

"See that doesn't count, you've never been insecure. You obviously can't relate to what I'm feeling right now." 

"That doesn't mean I can't somewhat give you advice."

"What am I suppose to do?"

"Call him,tell him you love him,tell him you're an idiot, tell him you want to make sweet sweet love to him,propose,marry him. It's really that simply."

"He'll laugh in my face. I doubt he even likes me anymore he just keeps calling to clear his conscience is all. He must have finally realized he's too good for me."

"Chanyeol I love you but sometimes you sound so dumb. A great guy in practically in love with you but you can't get passed your own insecurities to even except that. You're beautiful and you have an amazing personality. You can literary name every movie from 1960 to 2013, which is an incredible talent which Bacon boy would love. Go to talk to Baekhyun and tell him you're good enough and that you're just an idiot."

"Wow that was very insightful at 2 in the afternoon. Are you sick?"

"No just go get dressed and find your lover boy please. You sulking all the time kills the vibe whenever Tao and I want to have ."

"You're still disgusting." I yell from the bathroom.

"You still love me."

 


 

The cab drive from the dorm to Baekhyun's lavish apartment was longer than usual. Thinking of what to say to him without sounding like a complete moron was harder than when I first met him at the arcade. My hands were still sweaty and shaking, my heart was practically beating a mile per minute. 

"This is your stop sir."

Slowly climbing out the cab I felt nausea, almost like I was a mil a second from vomiting all over the concrete pavement.  The doorman opened the front door for me and I walked through towards the elevator. The confidence I had earlier was Kris was now gone. He had a way of making me feel like I could do anything when I knew in reality I was doomed.

I pressed the up bottom and rocked back on my soles for the elevator to arrive.

Ding.

I walked in the elevator and pressed for the eighth floor. 

Ding

The entire process of walking towards Baek's door was nerve wrecking.  I could always turn around and run back like a puss but Kris would strangle me for interupting him and Tao.

8A..

8B..

8C..

8D..

Oh

I slowly raised my fist and knocked on his door twice. If he didn't answer in the next five seconds I would just leave and stay in my room for the rest of my life. That sounds like a perfect plan.

The door opened revealing the blindingly bright haired short, Luhan.

"Is Baekhyun here?"

"Yes."

"Can I see him?"

"No."

"I just need to apologize, please Luhan."

"No you made him cry for days and didn't even have the guts to pick up his phone calls. He doesn't need you in his life."

"Please Luhan."

"No Chanyeol."

"Luhan who's at the door?"

We both froze and he turned around slowly facing the person who spoke.

"No one Baekhyunnie, just a ing idiot."

"Hey! Don't be such an ." I yelled at Luhan and poked him harshly on his shoulder.

"Chanyeol? Is that you?" My short dirty blonde boyfriend pushing past Luhan to face me.

He looked more beautiful than ever. His hair all over the place and he was wearing his cute duck pajama pants. His eyes were still red as if he was finished up crying but he still looked beautiful. He was the most adorable human being I've ever seen.

"Hey Baekhyun. I um came to see you."

"I figured. Luhan you can go now."

"Fine. Whatever." The blonde boy left us by the doorway and walked back inside the apartment. Finally leaving us alone.

"I missed you." I said to him and tried to retain eye contact.

"Yet you never returned any of my calls."

I stayed silent and look everywhere but at him.

"It's whatever, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone either if I was you."

"I'm sorry I was still thinking about everything that happened."

"Same here but come inside so we can talk."

We both walked into his apartment and he shut the door behind us.

This could either go really well or really bad.

 

TBC

 


No school today so you guys are gifted with another update. I swear I'm so indecisive, this chapter wasn't even suppose to come out this way but eh. Not sure if I even liked it or not. Anyways I hope you guys somewhat enjoyed this short and quick update. Throw some ideas my way.The next chapter will be more promising. xoxo See ya soon!