Chapter 10

He's Out of My League

 

 

 

When Luhan invited Sehun to stay over for the night to "hang out", he expected them to be making out on Luhan's bed or watching movies all night. Not laying on Luhan's bed alone while he watches his boyfriend, as he placed his right ear to his closed bedroom door. They were doing so perfect until Chanyeol came over and Luhan lost all interest with having alone time with Sehun.

"Luhan stop eavesdropping and come back to bed please." Sehun yelled at his boyfriend for the sixth time.

"Damn it Sehun. You need to be quiet so I can hear better. I need to know what's going on."

For the past twenty minutes Luhan had his ear to the door attempting to overhear the conversation between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He couldn't really hear much due to the fact that they were speaking low to each other. It was getting annoying and he wanted them to start yelling at each other and finally break up.

"Or you could just let your friend be and leave them a-"

Sehun was cut short when he begun to hear faint yelling coming from the living room.

"Holy they're arguing." Luhan squealed in delight.

"This has got to be a joke." Sehun couldn't' believe what was happening and quickly got off the bed to ease drop with Luhan.

"Baekhyun has finally come to his senses." Luhan mumbled to his Sehun.

The yelling continued for a while until the front door slammed shut and the breaking of something was heard.

"Maybe you should go check on Baek. He's your best friend and all." Sehun said to Luhan as he opened the door.

Luhan quick ran out of his room and into the living room to speak to his obvious distressed friend. When he entered the living room he didn't expect so see Baekhyun on the floor crying to himself with pieces of shattered glass surrounding him.

"Baekhyun what happen?" No trace of concerned found in voice as he sat down next to his crying friend.

Baekhyun looked at Luhan with red eyes and whipped the tears out his eyes and clear his throat before he spoke.

"We agreed that we weren't right for each other then it lead to yelling and he finally left. Are you happy Luhan? You won't have to worry about him anymore. He's gone for good and he won't be a problem anymore." Baekhyun said in between his tears.

Luhan was happy. that he was ing ecstatic. The dweeb Chanyeol was slowly ruining Baek's reputation and it was going to affect Luhan's social life as well. No one wanted to be affiliated with Chanyeol except of course Sehun and Baek.

"I'm so sorry Baek! You know all I ever wanted was for you to be happy, I don't like seeing you like this." Luhan hugged his best friend and hid the smirk that was on his face still.

"Its okay. I'll get over it. He wasn't even worth it, it was just stupid. We weren't meant to be together after all." Baekhyun left and went into the kitchen, he came back out with a broom and dustpan in hand. He begun to clean up the glass in silence -- every now and then mumbling a few words to himself.

Luhan took that as a sign to leave Baekhyun and return to his impatient boyfriend.  Walking back into his bedroom he saw Sehun laying face down on bed, he knew better than to think Sehun was asleep. He crept into the bedroom and jumped on his bed in attempts to get Sehun's attention.

"You're such a bad person." Sehun mumbled into the pillow he was currently resting his head on.

"How? I just want what's best  for Baekhyun."

Of course Luhan knew that was a lie.

Ever since high school, Luhan would be envious of his best friend Baekhyun. Baekhyun had the big house, fancy car, overall popularity and he could make anyone fall in love without even trying. While his "shadow" Luhan was the awkwardly short kid with a weird bowl shape haircut, bad acne and glasses a little too big for his face. While Baek was going out to parties and dating the best looking boys, Luhan was at home studying for anything and everything.

He didn't have much of a social life back then. He only had one friend which was Baek and fellow classmates would constantly belittle their friendship. Saying crude things along the line of "Baekhyun is only your friend because you're pathetic" and things of that nature. His high school life was hell while for Baek it was the time of his life. You could say the resentment started to brew when they finally turned twenty one and went to a well known local bar.

Luhan, who once that awkward kid had finally gone through metamorphosis and now looked like the beautiful human being he had always inspired to be. His acne prone skin was now smooth and spotless, his dull brown hair was now blinding blonde and his too big glasses were now replaced with contacts.  When they first walked into the somewhat crowed bar, all eyes were on them as they made their way over to the bartender.

They enjoyed themselves for a while but Luhan lost all interest in their conversation when the Adonis walked into the bar. He was tall, muscular and his lips were one hundred percent kissable.  He wanted to talk to him, oh no he needed to talk to him. The man walking towards the bar was perfect in every meaning of the word. Unfortunately all high hopes he had before come crashing down when he the Adonis sat down next to Baek instead of him. Talked to Baek and made him laugh instead of him. Ask his best friend out instead of him. Luhan tried his hardest not to be so frustrated but with the following months to come of the being so happy together while he was alone with excruciating. He needed to let Baekhyun know what it feels like to be hurt and feel worthless. Getting Kai drunk and sleeping with him got that job done.

After his small trip down memory lane he re focused on his conversation with his current boyfriend Sehun. 

"You ruined his relationship with Kai. He was legitimately  happy with him and you go and sleep with the kid. Then you chase away Chanyeol and claim you're "doing what's best", cut the bull Luhan."

Luhan paused for a minute and stared at the back of Sehun's head in disbelief, he knew what Sehun was saying was correct but hearing him say it out loud to him sounded horrible.

"I got rid of people that weren't right for him. Kai was a conceited  . All he cared about was himself while Chanyeol was just Chanyeol."

"When Baekhyun finds out he's going to ing kill you and I hope I'm not around for that."

 


 

I apologize for this being badly written. I don't even know what's going to happen next. Ideas are always welcomed. I'll update soon xoxo

129 subscribers!!