Chapter 5

He's Out of My League

 

 

 

After leaving Baekhyun's apartment with freshly washed clothes, I kissed him good night or good morning and left, grabbing a taxi to head back to my dorm. Looking out the taxi window, Baekhyun's smiling face never left my mind. He was the most perfect person I've ever met in my life, I still couldn't understand why him of all people would be interesting in a guy like me. I'm pretty sure he's dated guys that were ten times more better looking than me and didn't have to lie in attempts to impress him. 

"Sir, this is your stop." 

"Thank you." I handed the taxi driver a couple of bills before exiting out the cab and walking towards the double doors of my dorm.

I walked thorough the hallway to my room, before I even had a chance to put my key in the lock. The door swung open revealing a very upset Kris and Tao laying on the couch.

"Where have you been? I thought something bad happened to you? I thought you died or something? I called you forty times but yet you still didn't answer! I was so close to calling your mom Chanyeol. You had me worried sick."

"Why is Tao here?" Completely ignoring his questions and pushing past him to sit on the couch as well.

"Are you just going to pretend like you didn't hear anything I just said?"

"Why does the room smell like ?"

"That's beside the point. Where were you all night? Sehun said he saw you and Baekhyun leave around nine but you waltz in here at eight in the morning."

"Don't worry about me, I'm okay. I'm not hurt or anything, relax."

He looked at me shocked that I would even talk to him like that when he was concerned about me. It just gets really annoying when Kris does his mother hen act, I was old enough to take care of myself."

He sat down on the couch next to Tao and across from me, taking in my appearance. I had hickeys starting from my jaw line down to my non exposed chest. Mt hair was a mess from falling asleep in Baekhyun's bed while watching the movie.

"Did you use protection?"  Tao looked at Kris hitting him in the chest for what he just asked me.

"Use protection? No why?" Not really sure what his was getting at anyway.

"You're suppose to use protection when you have with people you barely know Chanyeol."

"We didn't even have . I'm not you I don't have on the first date, I have morals you know?"

"Then what did you do?"

"Nothing leave it alone." I got from my position from the couch and walked back into my room.

It was really small compared to Baekhyun's but it was more personalized I guess. There were lots of pictures of Kris and I from when we were younger and spent every minute of our lives together. Then there were some pictures of myself and my mom when I was young child as well. I haven't cleaned up my room in forever, there were multiple articles of clothing on the floor, shoes everywhere, it was horrible.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my cell phone, ignoring all the missed calls and texts from Kris. I scrolled straight through to Baekhyun's name and pressed call. It rung for a while before he finally picked up.

"Hey Channie"

"Hey. Just wanted to let you know I got home safely."

"Great. Changjo dragged me down to the mall to look for my clothes for tonight. But of course he brought his boyfriend along and I'm the awkward third wheel. Save me."

'You want me to come down there?"

"That would be delightful, you could help me pick a cute outfit."

"I'll be down there in thirty minutes and I'll save you baby"

Ew that was cheesy

"Hurry up please before they start making out,oh god it's too late. I'll see you soon, baby. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and flung myself across my bed for using such cheesy pet names. I seriously needed to improve my conservation skills especially around Baekhyun. I grabbed my towel from my bed frame and walked into the bathroom to take my shower. After fifteen minutes under the warm water, my finger begun to look like prunes which was a signal for me to get out of the shower. Then drying off my body with my towel, I got dressed in plain blue jeans and my 'eighty eight wolf' sweatshirt. I even borrowed sneakers from Kris and hopefully he wouldn't notice their absence. I checked myself out a few times in the long mirror, making sure I looked somewhat decent before leaving my room and walking back into the leaving room. 

Unfortunately walking in on Kris and Tao groping each other, I cleared my voice letting them now I re-entered the room. They quickly broke apart and Kris looked at me up and down in speculation.

"Where are you going?"

"The mall."

"Why?"

"Baekhyun wanted me to help him go shopping and save him from being the third wheel."

"You just saw each other a couple of hours ago. Stay with us and hang out for a while."

"I would rather be there then be the third wheel here, sorry."

"Fine suit yourself" He turned back to making out with Tao.

They were so disgusting sometimes not even all the time. I walked out the front door and walk though the dorm hallway before exiting the dormitory building. I signaled down another cab, I got in and told him to take me the local mall in the city. The ride was only ten minutes and I could have walked to save money. When he pulled up in front of the huge building with various stores inside, I handed him a twenty then exited the car. I walked through the double doors and pulled out my phone to call Baekhyun once again.

"Where are you?"

"I just walked in the mall, I'm by the Barnes and Nobles."

"We're the food court, just go downstairs and you'll see me."

I started to walk down the escalator and walked near the food court and saw hundreds of people. 

"What are you wearing Baek?"

"Phone so early in the morning? I would have never guessed you were into that."

"Ha! I'm not I'm just looking for you."

"I'm wearing a white t-shirt, I'll wave my hand in the air so you can see."

I looked into the crowd of people and saw a short male in a white t-shirt waving his hands while two others were causally making out right next to him. I quickly walked over to them to save Baekhyun from the third wheel awkwardness. 

"Hey Channie!" He jumped up and hugged me, pressing his head against my chest. He tippy-toed up to my height to kiss me on the lips, blushing like crazy.

"Wow, somebody missed me." I chuckled as I sat down next to him.

"Yeah I really did. Oh by the way, Bang Minsoo this is Chanyeol and Chanyeol this is Minsoo."

"Nice to meet you." I said to him but he didn't even look up at me, just continued to kiss on Changjo.

"They're really disgusting I'm sorry. Let's go." He got up and pulled me up to my feet, leaving them to their own devices.

We walked around the mall for a while, looking at various stores but not finding anything that Baekhyun liked. When we were walking, our hands were interlocked which gained a few stares from some people and I was the the only one who noticed. Baekhyun was busy viewing the clothes on display. I earned a few thumbs up from a couple of people while others were in shock that Baekhyun was holding hands with that likes of me.

"Oh lets go in here, I love their stuff." He pulled me into J.Crew which was way way way out my Ramen Noodles every night budget.

He pulled out a few shirts and pants to try on before he walked me over to the dressing room. 

"I'll just wait out here until your finished."

"No, you'll come in with me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure now come on."

We both walked into the dressing room booth and I sat down on the bench that was provided. Baekhyun locked the door and gave me the clothes he wanted to hold.

He stripped down to his boxers and I stared at his perfect body for a while. Analyzing every mole and muscle that was present. He was so beautiful I couldn't help but continue to stare.

"You see something you like?"

"Yeah everything."

He blushed and grabbed a shirt and pair of jeans from my grasp and trying them on. He spun around a few times so I could see how well he looked.

"Do you like this?"

"I love it."

"Are you going to say that about everything I try on?"

"Of course you look beautiful in everything you wear Baek."

He blushed again and bend down to press a lingering kiss to my lips.

"I should take you shopping with me more often if you're going to compliment me all the time, you're precious Channie."

The interchanging of clothes went on for the next twenty minutes before Baekhyun finally decied on what he wanted to wear for the party. 

"You'll look amazing tonight Baekhyun."

"Thank you, what are you going to wear?"

"I'll pull something together."

"You sure you don't want me to buy you anything?"

"I'm fine Baekhyun let's just go pay for your clothes and get going."

I gathered up the clothes Baek was actually going to buy and walked out of the dressing room with him. We stood on line waiting for the our turn to purchase his clothes.

"Byun Bakehyun is that you?" said a deep voice.

We both turned around to the sound of the voice and I met eyes with the brown haired Adonis. How did he know Baekhyun? Oh god he was really attractive. My self esteem dropped lower and lower as he walked over to us.

"Hey, Kai." He did a fake smile and moved closer to me.

This Kai person was gorgeous. He was nicely dressed and his hair was perfectly quaffed. He had an amazing smile and his jawline was sharp and perfect. As if he knew all his perfect angles.

"I just saw Changjo at the food court and he invited me to his birthday party. Who's your friend?"

"This is my boyfriend Chanyeol and Chanyeol this is my um my ex boyfriend Kai."

Of ing course Kai would be his ex boyfriend.

"Wow this is your new boyfriend, he's something ain't he." He eyed me up and down as if he was appalled that Baekhyun was even dating me.

"Don't be an Kai. He doesn't have to put up with your insults" Baekhyun quickly grabbed his bags from the cashier and pushed past Kai, leaving the store.

"I'm sorry about him, he was always an ."

"It's whatever I'm used to it."

"You shouldn't be used to people treating you badly."

"As if you would know." I mumbled more to myself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, let's just go."

"Are you okay Channie?"

"I'm fine lets just go back to your place."

We both walked out of the mall and caught a taxi at the enternce. We rode in slience the only noise coming from the radio that the taxi driver had on. The car ride seemed even longer because we weren't talking. The taxi finally stopped and Baekhyun pulled out singles and handed them to the taxi driver before getting out and walking into his building. We both stepped into the elevator and the slience continued.

"I'm sorry." I finally said to end the slience.

"For what?"

"For being a jealous ."

"There was nothing to be jealous of Channie."

"Your ex is practically a God, how could I not be jealous?"

"I'm with you Chanyeol not him so relax. I only want to be with you."

"You promise?"

"I pinky promised." He held out his pinky for me to hold.

I obliged and held my pinky in his.

 

TBC

 


 

I spent my entire Saturday morning on this, I hope you guys like it!! I'll update sometime next week. Leave comments xoxo