Chapter 9

He's Out of My League

 

 

 

 

To say Baekhyun was "depressed" the entire week Chanyeol refused to speak to him was an understatement. Byun Baekhyun was a wreck, he spent most of time in his apartment. Almost every hour he would call Chanyeol's phone but only the monotone answering machine would answer his pleads. He still couldn't wrap his mind around what happened that night. Just thinking back to the emotional conversation they had, made him sick to his stomach. They were doing so well or so he thought until someone got into Chanyeol's head and caused him to be so angry at him. He wanted to make things right but sadly Chanyeol was being difficult and kept ignoring him for days on end.

"Are you still trying to call lover boy? Give it a rest already." Luhan said as he plopped himself on Baekhyun's bed. Disturbing the sulking boy from his deep thoughts.

"I won't, he needs to hear me out. I don't get what I did wrong. We were happy holding hands one minute to him making cry the next. I thought I was doing everything right this time Luhan. I even let him touch my on the first date damn it."

"Honestly, who cares he's just a insecure that doesn't realize a good thing when he's got it."

"Don't say that about him."

"It's so true Baekhyunnie. Enough about that dork, let's talk about Kai. He called twice for you, he wanted to talk to you and possibly take you out."

"Tell him I died, he's so frustrating. I have interest in rekindling anything with him. I want my giant boyfriend to come in my bed and hold me close as I apologize a thousand times."

"But Kai is so handsome and he wants you so bad. Did you forget what he was wearing at Changjo's party, he looked so good. He was eyeing you the entire time plus he even drove you home when Chanyeol dumped you."

"He didn't dump me. We just had an argument that will soon be resolved."

"Oh please. Forget about this kid please. Kai is honestly everything you need and more right now. You can't deny the was amazing Baekhyunnie."

" He cheated on me, why are you forgetting this?"

"C'mon he was drunk! No big deal people make mistakes all the time."

"That's not the point. I wouldn't have been so mad if I never even got to see the blonde he was hooking up with."

Luhan paused for a minute, obviously tensed before continuing to speak.

"This is the stupidest mistake you've ever made. Chanyeol does nothing for you, he's such a waste of a good relationship."

"Luhan you're such a . Why are we still friends? You always talk down on Chanyeol for everything, he's trying. I see why he's so insecure all the time."

"Now you're defending him? You're picking him over Kai?"

"Why don't you date Kai? You're always bringing him up."

"I'm sorry. I just want what's best for you, I'll just leave you alone to continue sulking then."

"Thank you and close the door behind you so I can cry in silence."

The door slammed shut.

 


 

"I can't believe you talked me into doing this. I would rather jump off a bridge, you Luhan."

"It will be fun. It's basically a double date, Sehun and I will be doing the dating part while you and Kai are just there. Talking."

"This is going to be a disaster. I swear if he tries anything I'm going to stab him with my fork."

"Oh shut up and enjoy your day out your room."

Luhan continued to drag me into the Starbucks not too far from the arcade, Chanyeol and I met in. For some bizarre reason Luhan thought it was okay to invite Kai on our group outing so I don't feel like a third wheel. When in reality I wouldn't have minded sitting there while Luhan and Sehun flirted with each other. It would mean I have more time to call Chanyeol and him not pick up, it was routine at this point.

"Listen, you are going to sit there and enjoy the conversation. You will not complain to me until he is gone."

"But I hat-."

I was stopped mid sentence when the door chimed open and Kai along with Sehun were walking into the cafe laughing with one another.

'Get it together or I will strangle you.' Luhan mouthed to me before Sehun and Kai sat down.

The first ten minutes was awkward, it was filled was fake smiles and fake laughs. But after a while the awkwardness diminished and everything was smooth sailing after that.

I would love to say that Kai is a ing and I want to punch him respectively but unfortunately after talking with him I felt better. I wasn't really thinking of Chanyeol, he never even crossed my mind. I didn't feel bad about it either. It was nice not worrying about Chanyeol for a little while and being more social with the outside world. I wanted to hate myself for enjoying the time I spent talking and laughing with Kai but I didn't. 

He could have honestly kissed me right then and there, I wouldn't have cared but I remember why we weren't dating anymore. Why we weren't playing footsie under the table like Sehun and Luhan. Under this facade he was still the man that cheated on me and I could never forgive him for that. I needed someone better or maybe I still deserved Kai. 

Chanyeol was too good for me.

 


 Waking up from my long well deserved nap on the couch, I heard a commotion from the front door. I first thought it was Sehun and Luhan arguing arguing but I slowly began to recognize that deep and seductive voice.

"Luhan who's at the door?" I yelled

"No one Baekhyunnie, just a ing idiot."

"Hey! Don't be such an ." The deep voice said loudly

"Chanyeol? Is that you?

I quickly jumped up from my position on the couch and ran over to the door to see my boyfriend. The that was ignoring me for days.

"Hey Baekhyun. I um came to see you."

"I figured. Luhan you can go now."

"Fine. Whatever." The blonde boy left us by the doorway and walked back inside the apartment. 

"I missed you." He said out of the blue.

"Yet you never returned any of my calls."

It was silent for a while and he began to nervously scratch the back of his head.

"It's whatever, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone either if I was you."

"I'm sorry I was still thinking about everything that happened."

"Same here but come inside so we can talk."

We both walked into his apartment and he shut the door behind us.

 

TBC

 


Guys, at this point this story can go either way. Really good or really bad. I just don't know yet but I'm really trying to stray away from the cookie cutter happy endings, those are cute sometimes or just annoying.Anyways I hope you enjoyed it. Comment with ideas and I will see ya soon! xoxo

 

For all my new and old subscribers: 

^^