Chapter 7

He's Out of My League

 

 

 

After dancing with an intoxicated Baekhyun for twenty minutes, I quickly realized I needed a break. The loud music and ludicrously extra drink people, the low lighting and random people groping me was beginning to give me a headache. 

"Baek I'm going to go outside for some air" I whispered in his ear hoping I was loud enough over the blaring music.

"But why? We're having so much fun."

"It's getting to much for me, I don't really do this."

"What happen to you being a party animal?"

Oh yeah

"I'm really not feeling it tonight."

"Fine go outside for air or whatever you wanted to do. You're obviously not having fun with me."

"Baekhyun it's not even like that."

I tried to grab for him but he pulled away and walk deeper into the crowd full of dancing bodies.

Well this turned to fast

Pushing through the countless swaying bodies, I made it to the upstairs balcony. Thankfully, no one was there and I was left with me and my thoughts for a few minutes.

Looking down I saw the usual busy streets almost empty with a few people still walking up and down the sidewalk. I bet their night was going a ton better than mine. My own boyfriend intoxicated boyfriend was mad at me plus our entire relationship didn't even feel real to me anymore.

My inner monolog was cut short when I heard the balcony door open again.

"I would like to be alone, please go away." 

"Chanyeol? Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?" 

I recognized that deep, douchebag like voice anywhere. I turned around and faced the god like from the mall. Kai.

"What do you want Kai?"

"I just came out here to breath it's really packed in there."

"Can't you find somewhere else to go or someone else to bother?"

"I was actually downstairs with that boyfriend of yours. We danced together for a bit, he completely loses himself when he drinks to much. Did you know he enjoys being all touchy feely when he's drunk? He'll honestly do anything when he starts drinking alcohol."

My body tensed but I realized he was just try to with me. It was still hard to ignore everything he was saying and just hope he was lying.

"Stay away from my boyfriend, he has no interest with you."

"Oh really? Who told you that? If I never broke up with him, do you honestly believe he would date you of all people? That's a massive downgrade. Everyone knows that I'm a ten while your just a three with deep self esteem issues."

"Shut up."

"He's still in love with me. He still can't get over me that's why he's with you."

"Shut up."

"He's so ing embarrassed of you. He hasn't even introduced you to any of his friends? He's with you because you're safe."

"You don't know anything."

"I no more than you Chanyeol. I'll let you in on a secret thought. Baekhyun isn't a solid ten, he has a defect."

"Which is?"

"You'll have to find out for yourself." He then opened the balcony door and left, back into the party.

I didn't want to believe anything Kai said had truth behind it, but a lot of things made so sense if he was. I never met any of his friends except his brother Changjo and Luhan.  He never invited  me to even hang out with any of his other friends. Maybe he was embarrassed t be seen with someone like me. I walked out the balcony door and went back the obnoxious party. Scanning the crowds for Baekhyun, he was no where in sight. Pushing pass more people I spotted my short boyfriend by the bar again chugging down an entire bottle by himself with a small crowd cheering him on.

I pulled the bottle from his hands and set it down on the table.

"Hey! I was drinking that."

'We need to go."

"We just got here." He was beginning to slur his words and I knew at this point he  was hammered.

"You're really ed up and I don't want you to do anything stupid."

We walked through the exit doors and made our way to the end of the street, trying to hail a cab.

"Thanks for ruining my night Channie. I was having a great time."

"You were drinking dancing with random people looking like an idiot."

"So I'm an idiot now?"

" I didn't mean it like that."

"Whatever ."

"? I'm the ? I just saved your from embarrassment."

"No! You made it worse by dragging me out like that. As if I'm a child."

"I'm sorry. Did I embarrass you? Am I embarrassing to you Baekhyun? Do I not met your standards that you're embarrassed  to be leaving a party with me?"

"Where is all this coming from?" He stuttered out.

"It doesn't matter just tell me one thing. Why are we together? I feel as if I embarrass you every time we go out. I don't even feel good enough to be with you. Your ex freaking boyfriend looks like a God for christ sakes. Nothing about us even makes sense. You're so attractive and perfect while I'm just safe. You're a ten and I'm a four or even a five on my good days. Admit it don't lie to me anymore."

"Is that what you really want to hear? That I'm with you because you're safe? Don't push your self esteem issues onto me. Maybe you are a five. No self esteem, deduct a point. Every time someone walks into a room, you compare yourself to them. Deduct two points.  You constantly make it seem like you're the worse individual on Earth. Deduct whatever is left."

" it I'm leaving. Tell your perfect friends and your perfect boyfriend they won't see me anymore."

"Chanyeol he's my ex ing boyfriend. You don't even know why we even broke up."

"Why? Because you guys couldn't decided who was better looking?

"He put me on a pedestal that I couldn't possibly live up to. He couldn't handle it, he thought I was perfect then he went ahead and cheated on me. I said to myself I wouldn't date guys like that anymore."

"Guys like that? You finally admit that your only with me because I'm safe."

"Do you really want to hear that I thought if I dated a guy that looked like you, you wouldn't cheat on me? Chanyeol are you happy now?

"I'm ing ecstatic." 

A cab finally stopped and I opened the door for myself and sat down, closing the door behind me.

"Chanyeol don't be like this." 

"Should I start to drive sir?"

"Yes, please."

The cab driver began to drive away, leaving Baekhyun on the sidewalk alone. I fought all instinct to get out the car and hug him but I knew this was for the best."

"Is everythine alright kid?" The cab driver asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Everything's fine."

 

 

TBC

 

 

 


 This was so bad! I honestly cringed throughout writing this. I can't with myself.  It wasn't even planned out. I honestly wrote everything from the top of my head.  I'm not sure if I want Baekhyun and Chanyeol to be together at the end just because I'm a horrible person. There will probably be two more chapters idk yet. I LOVE MY 92 SUBSCRIBERS!! I'll see you guys soon please give constructive criticism just because my writing is eh xoxo