Chapter Four

Here I am (Discontinued)

Chapter Four:

 

Siwon looked at Leeteuk with a surprised expression. He hadn't anticipated what Leeteuk was planning to do.

 

“Say that again?” Siwon asked not sure of what he just heard Leeteuk say.

“I want PJS to perform.” Leeteuk repeated.

“Why?” Siwon asked again.

“I want to know something.” He answered him.

“What's that?” Siwon asked again.

“How much does STAR want this contract?” Leeteuk simply answered.

 

Minye looked at her cousin and nodded. She could almost read what's on Leeteuk's mind. He knew the band had potential but they needed to be sure.

 

“What's your plan?” Minye asked him.

 

Leeteuk smiled at her and leaned closer to her and Siwon. After a few more performers performed, Haeyin and the rest of her band was sure that they were the winner. No one could beat their performance. The prize was as good as theirs.

 

“I can almost smell that prize money.” Key said.

 

Haeyin nodded. Just then the MC appeared on stage and announced something very important that took all of the contestants and the crowd by surprise.

 

“.... Aside from the 200,000 prize money, we have another treat for the winner of the competition. Thanks to the representative of Talent Entertainment present in the audience today, the winner will receive a recording contract from their company!” The MC announced.

 

Haeyin and the rest of her band mates couldn't believe what they just heard.

 

“Did you hear that? We're going to sign that contract! There's no one that can beat us now!”  Key said excitedly.

“There's now way that we could loose.” Haeyin added.

 

That contract is as good as ours.

 

“Now for our last contestant. Everyone, give it up for PJS!” The MC said announcing the last contestant.

 

Haeyin watched as a guy in white entered the stage. He had a white hat on top of his head that was hiding a part of his face. He went to the center and sat in front of the piano. As soon as the guy's fingers started playing the keys the crowd went silent.

 

“Could it be...” Onew said with his mouth wide open.

“What?” Haeyin asked him.

“PJS... don't you know who he is?” Onew asked back.

 

When Onew saw the clueless expression on his sister's face he took a deep sigh.

 

“PJS is a famous composer. He has written a lot of hits and sang them as well. It's a rare sight to see him perform like this.” Onew explained.

“Are you telling me that the person we're seeing on stage is PJS? THE PJS?!” Minho, Onew's best friend and fellow band mate exclaimed.

 

Onew nodded his head.

 

“Impossible.” Hyeo said not believing what she was hearing.

“No one could ever copy what he is doing on stage right now.” Key said shaking his head.

“I agree the way he is singing and playing that piano... no one could copy that and look! The crowd is absolutely captivated by him!” Minho said looking at the crowd.

“But why would a famous composer be in a place like this?” Haeyin asked more to herself than her band mates.

“I have no idea.” Onew answered her.

 

He couldn't possibly be after the contract too.

Is he?

 

Haeyin held her breath. Her heart sank when PJS ended the song and the crowd cheered louder than they had when Star had performed. It was obvious who the winner was.

 

Why?...

This isn't fair.

 

Haeyin felt like crying. They were so close and yet it was taken away from them. PJS got up from his seat and took a bow then exited the stage.

 

No! I'm not going to let my dreams get taken away from me so easily.

 

“Yah! Haeyin! Where are you going?!”Onew asked his sister when he saw her headed to the door.

“I'll be right back.” Haeyin replied.

 

Haeyin ran as fast as she could and followed PJS. She followed and saw him going out the back door of the club.

 

“Yah!” She shouted when they were alone in the alley.

 

The alley was badly lit and Haeyin could see clearly PJS's face. PJS stopped walking and Haeyin went in front of him.

 

“Do you have any idea how much my band mates and I want the contract so badly? Winning this competition is everything to us. Winning this competition is our only chance to change our lives and I'm not going to let you take that away from us without a fight. My brother, my uncle, my band mates really need not just the contract but the money as well. You're already famous! Why do you need another contract? Give it up! That contract should be given to...” Haeyin said in the verge of tears.

“To whom... you? Just how badly do you want the contract?” PJS asked her in a low voice.

“I'll do anything for it.” Haeyin said to him.

“Anything?”

“Anything. I'll even give up my life.” Haeyin said again more sternly this time.

“We've heard enough.” A voice from behind them had said.

 

Haeyin turned around and saw a guy and a girl standing in front of them. The two of them were wearing suits. PJS walked towards them and patted the guy's shoulder.

 

“I know the answer now.” PJS said right before he disappeared around the corner.

 

Haeyin was about to run after PJS again but the girl stepped in front of her.

 

“We're from TALENT Records and we're interested in signing you and your band under our company.” The girl said giving Haeyin a card.

 

Haeyin looked at the card in front of her.

 

What's going on?